I am officially bored of Stephen Hunt

177 posts
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I am officially bored of Stephen Hunt

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Mar 2008 19:20

Beelzebub From Yahoo sport about todays game...

Hunt, more than any Reading player on show, appeared alert to his side's predicament. He worked feverishly, and linked superbly with Dave Kitson

Did Kitson and Shorey play today? Can't say I noticed either of them!

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 29 Mar 2008 19:22

Alan Partridge

Hunt, more than any Reading player on show, appeared alert to his side's predicament. He worked feverishly, and linked superbly with Dave Kitson

another half minded idiot impressed by someone's ability to run around a lot with no footballing talent.

Read my post again. I just stated what Yahoo sport came up with, not my opinion! :x

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 29 Mar 2008 19:23

written by their new reporter Stevie Wonder

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 Mar 2008 19:26

Chaney

written by their new reporter Stevie Wonder

Hunty showed precious little composure today and his running around was ineffective. IMO he should have been subbed instead of Oster....cue the abuse.

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 29 Mar 2008 19:33

Alan Partridge Utterly atrocious footballer.

That is all.

wat a prick
wen huntys having a bad game he will always put in 100%
unlike OSTER
cant even believe u started this page :evil: :evil: :evil:

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 29 Mar 2008 19:35

mahoj002

That is all.

wat a prick
unlike OSTER

Oh my god.

Oster was far better today. In fact he's had a couple of good games recently. Hunt runs about a lot, great! No end product, shite crosses, gives the ball away, lacking composure.... How long have you got to talk about this because I've got nothing planned and you sound like an evenings entertainment.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 29 Mar 2008 19:37

You can only be bored if you are a boring person.

There is always something that can excite, stimulate or just enjoy.

Perhaps you should look at yourself before bemoaning others.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 29 Mar 2008 19:40

mahoj002

That is all.

wat a prick
unlike OSTER

You're not a fan of the letter 'h', are you?

Hunt has been like that/this for a good season and a half. And every team appears to have someone of that calibre/style in their squad.

Anyway. To improve, we replace him with a genuinely quality left winger, but we'd have to buy big or unearth a Morten Gamst Pedersen-style youngster to get that. He does his job, we're still mediocre.

You can only be bored if you are a boring person.

LOL

just

LOL

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 29 Mar 2008 19:48

In fairness to Steven Hunt I have seen a worse miss.

It was against Southampton in the Leaque cup, 1980 somthing- we had beaten Wolves in the previous round and were now "Giant Killers"
I'm not sure but I think it was Olly Kearns. Open goal and missed from 2 yards as against Hunts 5 today.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 29 Mar 2008 19:56

LOL@ the crap on here.

Last week it was Hunt 'runnung around a lot' that won us the freekick that got us the first of 2 goals in a 2-1 win.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 29 Mar 2008 19:59

Skin LOL@ the crap on here.

Last week it was Hunt 'runnung around a lot' that won us the freekick that got us the first of 2 goals in a 2-1 win.

True enough, and if his 5 yard sitter had gone in we would all be singing his praises :oops:

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 29 Mar 2008 20:04

OK Hunty may not have been at his best today but Oster was awful. Can the man cross a ball ? Three corners and not one of them got beyond the first man.Truely pants !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2008 20:12

Hunt has been playing poorly recently, running into too many cul-de-sacs, miss placing passes, miss hitting crosses and skewing shots.

He is inconsistent, but he will always cause the opposition difficulties with his attacking style of play and desire to try to create something. When he's hot the ball always seems to bounce just right for him. Other times like today he snatches at everything and makes poor decisions.

None of that changes the fact he is our most effective attacking player and fully deserves his place. He also does a hell of a lot to break up the oppositions game and attacks.

Ideally given most of our players' performances this season we'd get an entire new team in the summer. That just isn't possible or plausible though. Hunt is not a player we desperately need to replace and left wing is certainly not a position we are crying out for a new player in.

AP clearly seems to have run out of steam in crying because he thinks we're going to go down now we're looking close to safety, so must turn his depressive attention elsewhere and once again start over reacting about something.

SAfety is still the goal, few new players in the summer in the areas we need and a rejuvenation of plenty of our current players (who we know can do better) and all could look a whole lot more rosey. It won't necessarily be plain sailing, but all it takes for any team outside the big 6 or 7 clubs is a few players out of form, a couple of ropey signings and the odd injury and anyone can have a terrible season and go down.

dennis nelson

by dennis nelson » 29 Mar 2008 20:15

in a nut shell lads, he is oxf*rd crap!!!! FACT

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2008 20:16

dennis nelson in a nut shell lads, he is oxf*rd crap!!!! FACT

ahh the sign of a delusional cock.

Opinion actually dear boy.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 29 Mar 2008 20:18

Your awful post is made all the more awful by the fact that the one above it is actually written in English.

I'd go so far as to say, without Hunt, we'd be a lot further down the league this year. And that's just from the goals he has scored alone.
Far from popular belief; you don't actually have to be the best to have the most effect on a game. I'd much rather have a Hunt; a player who might not have the greatest skill but can still change a game or create something positive, than an Oster who has a lot of (potential) skill, but never uses it and instead prefers to run sideways.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 29 Mar 2008 20:18

lozz2601

Your awful post is made all the more awful by the fact that the one (two) above it is actually written in English.

I'd go so far as to say, without Hunt, we'd be a lot further down the league this year. And that's just from the goals he has scored alone.
Far from popular belief; you don't actually have to be the best to have the most effect on a game. I'd much rather have a Hunt; a player who might not have the greatest skill but can still change a game or create something positive, than an Oster who has a lot of (potential) skill, but never uses it and instead prefers to run sideways.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Mar 2008 20:20

Hunt has got a fantastic heart, never ever gives anything less than 100% and reads a game extremely well as evidenced by him regularly getting into excellent goal-scoring positions. It's a damn shame that he's a crap finisher and that his brain seems to shut down when in the penalty area.

But let's not forget that, despite all that, he is actually our 2nd top scorer this season!

He has not been as good in the 2nd half of season to be fair, but there is not the slightest doubt in my mind that we would be worse off if we had sold him to Sunderland in January because he brings an indomitable spirit onto the pitch which is essential when the going gets really tough.

He may not be a leader but he's one hell of a carrier.

yappy

by yappy » 29 Mar 2008 20:24

I do like Hunty, his work rate is invaluable, but he does lack quality.

I'm hoping Convey will come good again, as i'm a big fan. I do feel we miss Convey's pass and move game, he's alot neater than Hunty who does tend to lose a fair bit of possession.

I think Hunty is probably most effective as an impact player, as he was in the CCC. In the promotion season he always used to come on with 20 to go and most games he'd pick up an assist. He can be a real handful for tired defences.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Mar 2008 20:27

Alan Partridge Oster takes a load of flak but he's 5 times the footballer Hunt is.

More myopic Oster b****x. You must have missed his volleyed cross halfway through the first half that went out for a goal kick. Sunday morning standard but, oh no, he's got vision (too much for his teammates apparently) and sublime skill. Where did that start from?

177 posts