Reading v Fulham Match Thread

185 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Reading v Fulham Match Thread

by cmonurz » 12 Apr 2008 17:07

Our strikers have scored 2 goals in our last 14 matches, and they both came at home to Man City.

I fear Birmingham may get something from next weekend's derby with Villa. Or at least those games can be unpredictable. Bolton go to Middlesbrough, and could conceivably get something. Thankfully Fulham play Liverpool.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 12 Apr 2008 17:10

It really is time to drop Hunt, he was abysmal for the whole game.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Apr 2008 17:12

At least there's three worse teams in the league than us.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the inevitability of it - taking the first half off, as you know it'll be too much, tentatively turn to BBC 1 to see a 1-0 lead. Kitson, you hope. And then ...

McFECKINGBride.

A season ago, I was suggesting that we should be signing the Yank as a 4th option, someone to add steel from the bench, the type of player for these big games.

Its the combination of inevitability of games like this, and Bolton, combined with the complete avoidability of the situation we have found ourselves in.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 12 Apr 2008 17:12

Watched the live link and we were totally abject. Words can't describe my anger and disappointment.

If we go down we'll deserve it for that performance alone.

ROYAL POSTMAN

by ROYAL POSTMAN » 12 Apr 2008 17:14

Sells Cox,Sticks Lita out on loan,Doesnt drop Doyle,drops Convey and Sonks,only gives Kits a half most matches- what planet is Coppell on,we deserve to go down no investment and strengthening has come back to haunt us we havent exactly played that well all season look at the table.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Apr 2008 17:16

I think a lot of Reading fans remain slightly deluded as to our real status and the real quality of our squad. Fans have scoffed at the idea of signing players like McBride, Kevin Davies (who earned Bolton 3 points today - and there is a reason he plays every week despite his lack of goals), even John Arne Riise isn't good enough according to some on UR&G!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Apr 2008 17:18

cmonurz I think a lot of Reading fans remain slightly deluded as to our real status and the real quality of our squad. Fans have scoffed at the idea of signing players like McBride, Kevin Davies (who earned Bolton 3 points today - and there is a reason he plays every week despite his lack of goals), even John Arne Riise isn't good enough according to some on UR&G!

I think that McBride, as one example, is a player whose age and nationality leads to him being under-rated. Fulham have missed him and Bullard all season - and now the two players are playing together and they ain't bad players.

But I do agree with your general point.

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 12 Apr 2008 17:20

Big Ern The supporters deserve their money back after that, and we deserve compensation for having to watch it illegally.

:D

Berry

by Berry » 12 Apr 2008 17:25

Really Ill just dragged myself out of bed, went straight to telly switched it on, hoping to feel better, now going back to bed, have I woke up in another era? maybe Tommy Burns is in charge?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 12 Apr 2008 17:26

I'm probably what Platypuss calls an ostrich, but even I accept that that was terrible. Sky Sports (and the statistics shown on here) make our performance totally clear.

Bolton and Fulham have done the double over us, goal difference minus 9.

But I will not be able to come onto the Team Board for a week, at least.

Enjoy.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Apr 2008 17:28

LUX I'm probably what Platypuss calls an ostrich, but even I accept that that was terrible. Sky Sports (and the statistics shown on here) make our performance totally clear.

Bolton and Fulham have done the double over us, goal difference minus 9.

But I will not be able to come onto the Team Board for a week, at least.

Enjoy.

Does that mean we have to put up with you on AE instead?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 12 Apr 2008 17:30

Sir Steve on telly:

"Im at a loss to explain it.My players arnt used to a relegation scrap and were nervous.Fulham thoroughly deserved their win"

Oh well thats that then.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Apr 2008 17:30

I'm very unhappy.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Apr 2008 17:31

higher Sir Steve on telly:

"Im at a loss to explain it.My players arnt used to a relegation scrap and were nervous.Fulham thoroughly deserved their win"

Oh well thats that then.

So basically Steve is saying that Fulham are so sh*t our players didn't know what to do?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 12 Apr 2008 17:37

cmonurz
higher Sir Steve on telly:

Oh well thats that then.

So basically Steve is saying that Fulham are so sh*t our players didn't know what to do?

SC seemed non plussed by the performance (or lack of one) and put it down to nerves and players being on unchartered territory being in relegation mire.
They better learn quick or its bubble pop time again.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 12 Apr 2008 17:39

Just a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Intensified by the goal that made it 2-0. And then made even worse when checking the scores and seeing the Bolton also won. Nightmare Saturday. We aren't down yet though. Hard to fathom how we can play so well against some of the top sides and then let Bolton and Fulham beat us at home?

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 12 Apr 2008 17:40

i am sure the charisma that mr coppell oozes will suffice to ensure premiership participation next season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Apr 2008 17:46

Words to describe those 'things' that appeared on the pitch today:

Spineless, cowards, inept, incompetent, talentless, shot-shy, shyte, uncaring, league 1 (womens league!),overpaid, bottle jobs, unimaginative, uncreative, passionless, uncaring,thick, stupid, underperforming, one-footed, lazy, relegation bound, losers!

The supporters were cheated today by management and players. Fulham showed how football should be played and fully deserved their win and, if they carry on that way PL survival at our expense!

Not even Style's usual incompetence can really be blamed for what happened today.

Oh I forgot - we're playing against massive defenders so let's drop Kitson and HOOF! Stick your red nose back on Coppell!

Where to now?

Get the whole squad in on Monday at 6am, get them cleaning the stadium from top to bottom through to 6pm. Then a quick change and off to training. It will do them good to find out what real people have to do for a living and then they may begin to wonder why anyone would shell out their hard-earned cash to support them in their over-privileged lifestyle!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 12 Apr 2008 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Apr 2008 17:49

Once we get this disappointment out of our system.(I suggest copious amounts of alchohol) We must definately get behind the boys(fully) or we are going to get relegated.

None of us want that.

Booing and negativity wont help anyone.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 13 Apr 2008 06:25

cmonurz The last time Fulham won an away by two goals was 7th May 2005, which is 55 games.

Jesus Christ :lol:

185 posts