HARPER A LEGEND?? mY A*SE!

128 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: HARPER A LEGEND?? mY A*SE!

by Royalee » 13 Apr 2008 11:28

Alan Partridge Harper is a passenger when you need a scrap. When the team is playing well then he looks the part, he keeps the ball moving around and occasionally pops up with a goal now and then.

However it's scrap time, we need people who are going to win games for us, people who are going to physically dominate the opposition, Harper couldn't dominate a shit. He was hopelessly outclassed today along with Marek, I lost count of the times they would walk it around these two or just run through unoppsed.

Harper historically always blows hot and cold, when we had that run of 13 without a win a few years ago, Harper was wretched, in fact he was hauled off at Crewe after half an hour or so during a 1-0 defeat as he was THAT bad. Last season when we were going well he had a run of really poor games and he was the weakest link in the midfield 4. Due to lack of investment we started the season off with Harper as our number 1 midfield man. Absolutely ludicrous. It is no surprise to me or anyone who has watched James Harper throughout his 300 apps for Reading that he produces performances like today.

We don't always agree, but you've got that absolutely spot on - couldn't put it any better.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Apr 2008 14:44

Royalee
Alan Partridge Harper is a passenger when you need a scrap. When the team is playing well then he looks the part, he keeps the ball moving around and occasionally pops up with a goal now and then.

However it's scrap time, we need people who are going to win games for us, people who are going to physically dominate the opposition, Harper couldn't dominate a shit. He was hopelessly outclassed today along with Marek, I lost count of the times they would walk it around these two or just run through unoppsed.

Harper historically always blows hot and cold, when we had that run of 13 without a win a few years ago, Harper was wretched, in fact he was hauled off at Crewe after half an hour or so during a 1-0 defeat as he was THAT bad. Last season when we were going well he had a run of really poor games and he was the weakest link in the midfield 4. Due to lack of investment we started the season off with Harper as our number 1 midfield man. Absolutely ludicrous. It is no surprise to me or anyone who has watched James Harper throughout his 300 apps for Reading that he produces performances like today.

We don't always agree, but you've got that absolutely spot on - couldn't put it any better.

All very well but precisely who are you going to bring in to dominate the midfield in our remaining games then? Cisse? Fae? Dont make me laugh

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Apr 2008 14:50

Harper, Hunt and Doyle are just plain shit. They shouldn't be playing. dropping them would given them a reality check that they arent invincible to being on the subs bench.

Bring Convey in on the left, Little on the right, might as well push bikey into centre midfield and bring sonko back or dare i say it even doobs!! Then finish off with either long or a lita recall upfront alongside Kitson.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Apr 2008 14:52

loyalroyal4life Harper, Hunt and Doyle are just plain shit.

They aren't just in poor form?

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 13 Apr 2008 15:08

The whole year inn
Chuckle Brother Practically no-one was up to it today.

Why? Were they all out in the piss on Friday or something?

If it turned out they were could you really be surprised given the nature of the performance ?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 13 Apr 2008 15:42

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm completley different about harper, I must be watching a different person because i voted harper for player of the season because the fact that HE IS A LEGEND (in my eyes) and he puts in alot of effort and the fact he actually LOVES the club. MY opinion though dont judge me :D

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 13 Apr 2008 15:49

Harps lives an extremely charmed life. The way he is anonymous in the majority of games sometimes leaves me saying to myself " I forgot Harper was playing"This shouldn't be happening - we need 11 influential players out there.
How some of you doubt Matejovsky's class and him in general is a joke- he is our most creative player, the other players aren't as clever as him though meaning some of his passes go astray.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Apr 2008 15:53

PEARCEY
Royalee

All very well but precisely who are you going to bring in to dominate the midfield in our remaining games then? Cisse? Fae? Dont make me laugh

Gunnarsson is back in full training - I'd like to see him given a run out alongside Matejofsky some time.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Apr 2008 16:02

Harper is overrated by some, and under-rated by others on this board.

He is not good enough for a team that should be cementing itself in the premiership, if he was as good at football as he is at waving his arms around like a traffic warden then he would be fantastic but sadly that is not the case, his 300th appearance should have been his last

Kwacka

by Kwacka » 13 Apr 2008 16:11

Harper's one of the untouchables, along with Doyle and Hunt.
It doesn't seem to matter how bad they are currently playing they're not going to be dropped!

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 13 Apr 2008 16:11

rfcjoe Harps lives an extremely charmed life. The way he is anonymous in the majority of games sometimes leaves me saying to myself " I forgot Harper was playing"This shouldn't be happening - we need 11 influential players out there.
How some of you doubt Matejovsky's class and him in general is a joke- he is our most creative player, the other players aren't as clever as him though meaning some of his passes go astray.

OK, apart from the goal against liverpool where has he actually created a goal for us, or scored a goal? Marek is overrated i say.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Apr 2008 16:16

madreadingfan
rfcjoe Harps lives an extremely charmed life. The way he is anonymous in the majority of games sometimes leaves me saying to myself " I forgot Harper was playing"This shouldn't be happening - we need 11 influential players out there.

OK, apart from the goal against liverpool where has he actually created a goal for us, or scored a goal? Marek is overrated i say.

The only reason Marek has not created goals is because our strikers make f*ckin awful runs, if they even run at all, and if they do get in a good position they oxf*rd it up.

I take it you are one of the fans who judges players on how far they run rather than actual class

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Apr 2008 16:37

PEARCEY
Royalee

What about dropping him for Bikey to give the bite and marek to pull the strings. then could just toss a coin for either sonks or doobs at the back

Cookie

by Cookie » 13 Apr 2008 17:03

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Apr 2008 18:09

Cookie

Brilliant, do you want me to reel off the games where Harper's been shit this season? It'll amount to more than a freak result against a Liverpool side which gave up after 70 minutes?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 13 Apr 2008 18:10

PEARCEY
Royalee

Cisse deep to tackle and protect the back four, Matejovsky to break from midfield. Pretty simple really unless you're a complete idiot.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Apr 2008 18:12

Nothing like using an insult to illustrate your own lack of intelligence, is there. Can't you disagree with someone without one?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 13 Apr 2008 19:23

Harper isnt helped in the slightest when he has a midfield partner who has failed to grasp the movement/positional play of what the Premier League is all about.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 13 Apr 2008 19:38

Clearly James Harper IS a Reading Legend at this period in Reading Football Clubs development. To think otherwise is stupid IMHO.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Apr 2008 20:50

cmonurz Nothing like using an insult to illustrate your own lack of intelligence, is there. Can't you disagree with someone without one?

No he cant ....but it reflects badly on him and not those he tries to disparage. Still I look forward to the day when Cisse and Marek dominate midfield....perhaps they can outgun Arsenal next week....NOT.
The suggestion that others have said about Bikey playing midfield is a decent one though but not sure we can trust Sonko or Duberry at centre back at the moment.

128 posts