Team for Tottenham

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Team for Tottenham

by Platypuss » 02 May 2008 10:02

londinium I tell you what, you just use half of my post (the bit that doesnt include the explination) so that you can have a go at my post.

I stand by the fact that the midfield suggested by loyalroyal is far to lightweight and my suggestion has more of a balanced midfield.

I expect better from a mod.

That post managed to be even more defensive than any of the team suggestions so far - maybe SC should give you a run out tomorrow?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 02 May 2008 10:30

Platypuss
londinium I tell you what, you just use half of my post (the bit that doesnt include the explination) so that you can have a go at my post.

I stand by the fact that the midfield suggested by loyalroyal is far to lightweight and my suggestion has more of a balanced midfield.

I expect better from a mod.

That post managed to be even more defensive than any of the team suggestions so far - maybe SC should give you a run out tomorrow?

Maybe if you didnt misquote me then I might be pursuaded to leave out 2 centre backs and put in Long, Doyle to make it more attacking which you would like.
Oh hang on.... the centre backs have scored more than Doyle and Long put together in the last 4 months. Theres me going all defensive again!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 May 2008 13:07

Here is what Coppell should play:

Hahnemann

Shorey
Ingimarsson
Duberry
Rosenior

Convey
Bikey
Matejovsky
Little

Kitson
Lita

...And here is what I fully expect him to play:

Hahnemann

Shorey
Ingimarsson
Duberry
Rosenior

Hunt
Harper
Bikey
Oster

Doyle
Lita

resulting in Spurs being able to fully utilise the fact that there is only one half decent midfielder in that team, and funnily enough he is primarily a centre back.

I say this, trying to predict how stupid a team selection Coppell's going to go for is rapidly becoming harder than winning the lottery. Particular highlights this season in terms of Coppell's lack of a brain include both Arsenal games, Blackburn away, Portsmouth away and of course the great surrender job he did at Villa Park. At least he picks his teams on merit though - never change a losing team, just rest players like Hunt for a week, watch Convey look sharp and dangerous at the Emirates and then go against everything a good manager should do and bring the most overrated player in Premier League history back in the following week.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 02 May 2008 17:14

what I would liek him to play:

Hahnemann
De La Inga Dubbery Shorey
Henry Matejovsky Bikey Convey
Sigurdson
Lita

Lol I wish

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 02 May 2008 17:26

Kevin Doyles Right Foot what I would liek him to play:

Hahnemann
Sigurdson
Lita

Lol I wish

10 players, two who have never played for the first team in the league before? You're confident.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 02 May 2008 18:20

silas
Kevin Doyles Right Foot what I would liek him to play:

Hahnemann
Sigurdson
Lita

Lol I wish

10 players, two who have never played for the first team in the league before? You're confident.

I make it 11

Chillitsphil

by Chillitsphil » 03 May 2008 10:27

I'd go for:

USA
Rosenior Duberry Ivar Shorey
Hunt Bikey Harper Convey
Lita Kits

Bench: Doyle, Little, Matejovsky, Cisse, Fed.

Bring Doyle, Little, Matejovsky on later if we are pushing forward. Let's not forget spurs are a quality team with some good individuals, yes they have not played well but this is how they lined up in their last game:

Cerny, Hutton (Huddlestone 46), Dawson (Bent 53), Woodgate, Gilberto, Zokora, Lennon, Jenas, Malbranque (O'Hara 77), Berbatov, Keane.

I've highlighted those who I think would waltz into our team. Setting up with a half fit Little, Convey, and Matejovsky, effectively leaving Bikey to played the defensive midfield role alone would be suicide imho. Set up defensively, play tight, see if we can nick a goal, if we're behind at half time or on 60 minutes, then have a real go at them and bring on the big guns going forward. Little may be class on the ball, but it was painfully clear at Wigan that he offered little to no defensive worth.