Anybody tell me what has spent on players the last 2 years

tlcs

Anybody tell me what has spent on players the last 2 years

by tlcs » 05 May 2008 21:03

What is the gross figure for players that have been bought and sold by SC

Fat Leather Jacket

Re: Anybody tell me what has spent on players the last 2 years

by Fat Leather Jacket » 05 May 2008 21:05

I take it this is just another 'I hate Madejski and Coppell' thread?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 21:13

I can understand a new fan who's come along with the success being bitter at everything like this, but I cannot understand anybody who has supported Reading since before the turn of the Millennium can have a problem with Coppell or Madejski. I should ask you to read all this AGAIN:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 91,00.html

Read it all and maybe that'll put everything in perspective for you.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 May 2008 21:17

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 May 2008 21:19

rhroyal I can understand a new fan who's come along with the success being bitter at everything like this, but I cannot understand anybody who has supported Reading since before the turn of the Millennium can have a problem with Coppell or Madejski. I should ask you to read all this AGAIN:

Please keep this up - HNA really needs more patronising teenagers.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 05 May 2008 21:21

Forgot we signed Radoslav Vasilev :shock:

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 May 2008 21:23

c £8M net, (i.e. bought - sold), in total, spread over 4 transer windows.

zummerset

by zummerset » 05 May 2008 21:25

Fat Leather Jacket I take it this is just another 'I hate Madejski and Coppell' thread?

Why not FLJ?? :evil:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 21:26

Platypuss
rhroyal I can understand a new fan who's come along with the success being bitter at everything like this, but I cannot understand anybody who has supported Reading since before the turn of the Millennium can have a problem with Coppell or Madejski. I should ask you to read all this AGAIN:

Please keep this up - HNA really needs more patronising teenagers.

I know people are entitled to opinions, but when people have a go at Madejski when he's openly admitted he's not the man to take us to the next level and throw money at the club it just seems to be lacking respect a bit to me.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 May 2008 21:30

Does that incude the part where it says we finished 10th in 1998/99??

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 21:31

The 17 Bus

Yes, in the old Division 2. Bravo.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 May 2008 21:32

rhroyal
The 17 Bus

Yes, in the old Division 2. Bravo.

Bravo what??? we finished 11th in the first season back in the old second division.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 21:35

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I struggle to see your point? If you're trying to say we haven't always been brilliant under JM, fair play. But he's got us to where we are eventually with a foundation as firm as you like. If we go down we may not go straight back up, but we'll be a solid Championship side watching decent teams play against us. That's more than could be said for the pre- JM era.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 May 2008 21:41

The point is that the official site do not even know where we finished the first season back in the old division two, I thought I made that quite simple, how can anything be in perspective if they cant even get the facts right.

zummerset

by zummerset » 05 May 2008 21:41

rhroyal Sorry if this sounds rude, but I struggle to see your point? If you're trying to say we haven't always been brilliant under JM, fair play. But he's got us to where we are eventually with a foundation as firm as you like. If we go down we may not go straight back up, but we'll be a solid Championship side watching decent teams play against us. That's more than could be said for the pre- JM era.

We all know that but we rather wanted to stay in the Prem rather than be a toy of your new best friend, Are you his special aide or something?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 05 May 2008 21:50

I'm not sucking up to JM. I think he and Coppell have made errors this season but we still him gratitude. Have you never thought in the last few years how lucky you are to be supporting us now? I tell you now a Reading fan who died before JM came along would have loved to of seen us break record points, and have watched that opening game against Boro, or seen the games where we beat Liverpool and Spurs in the league, or drawn with Man Utd or got a point at Chelsea away. All in the league. And then to top it off we finished 8th in the entire country. All this in 24,000 seater impressive, comfortable stadium. They would not have even dared to dream of that before JM came along. Yes, this season we have missed our chance to consolidate when the league has truth be told been rather weak, but we still owe so much thanks to JM who has made things happen to the this club that would have once seemed impossible.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 05 May 2008 22:07

What a load of toss, I have always dared to dream that one day we might grace the top flight, perhaps we may have done it earlier if previous Chairmen had had a touch more ambition. The again perhaps not.

JM could just as easily have dragged us down to Division 4, the same as Sir Jack Hayward managed at the mighty Wolves. We did not get where we are solely because of Mr Madejski, however he was at the helm when we did get there.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 05 May 2008 22:27

zummerset
rhroyal Sorry if this sounds rude, but I struggle to see your point? If you're trying to say we haven't always been brilliant under JM, fair play. But he's got us to where we are eventually with a foundation as firm as you like. If we go down we may not go straight back up, but we'll be a solid Championship side watching decent teams play against us. That's more than could be said for the pre- JM era.

We all know that but we rather wanted to stay in the Prem rather than be a toy of your new best friend, Are you his special aide or something?

Sorry if this sounds rude, but you are a pfucking idiot. Firstly your post makes no sense in English, secondly it's crap. Yes we all 'rather wanted' to stay in the Prem, we haven't due in part to JM. This doesn't negate his previous 15 years of building the club to its position, it just means he's not a Premiership chairman. My problem with this is his consistent refusal to invest while at the same time saying we were going to invest. If he had come out and said he wasn't going to invest millions in the Premiership, and wanted to sell it, I wouldn't mind - it would be frustrating but understandable. As it is his two-faced statements have caused many Reading fans to have a little less gratitude for his previous work (which is fair to an extent), and retards like you to hate him and resort to childish abuse (which isn't). Presumably you hate Coppell as well, as the fact he's done badly this season makes his previous work irrelevant?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 May 2008 22:28

The 17 Bus What a load of toss, I have always dared to dream that one day we might grace the top flight, perhaps we may have done it earlier if previous Chairmen had had a touch more ambition. The again perhaps not.

JM could just as easily have dragged us down to Division 4, the same as Sir Jack Hayward managed at the mighty Wolves. We did not get where we are solely because of Mr Madejski, however he was at the helm when we did get there.

No, he didn't. That was a previous owner, iirc, a pair of property dealers aiming to get money from sale of ground and assets.

wikipedia Hayward became the owner and chairman of his boyhood football team Wolverhampton Wanderers after buying the club in May 1990 for £2.1million.

wikipedia Wolves went through a bad spell in the 1980s. After bouncing straight back from relegation in 1982, the club suffered three consecutive relegations in 1984, 1985 and 1986, sliding into the Fourth Division for the first time in their history"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2008 22:50

The 17 Bus What a load of toss, I have always dared to dream that one day we might grace the top flight, perhaps we may have done it earlier if previous Chairmen had had a touch more ambition. The again perhaps not.

JM could just as easily have dragged us down to Division 4. We did not get where we are solely because of Mr Madejski, however he was at the helm when we did get there.

But he didn't drag us down to Div 4 did he - his money and vision took us up the to Premier League didn't it?

Or does that all get forgotten now because of a poor season on and off the field, despite STH prices that are out of some people's reach?

Of course we didn't get there solely because of JM but he played a bigger part than anyone else that's for sure. Are you really suggesting it was just a fluke of timing that it was JM who was at the helm when it happened and that it could have been anyone??

A load of toss indeed.