FAO Sir Steve

226 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: FAO Sir Steve

by Ian Royal » 12 May 2008 17:48

Scarface Why would you want a manager that ruined 4 years of great work, in 2 transfer windows, by sticking loyal and completely mis-judging his group of players. What then made it worse, is in January when all his mistakes were highlighted in black and white, he yet again failed to do anything. This man lost the plot this season and he is soley responsible for the relegation.

I thank him for getting to the Premiership, but history says this man is a bottler and I expect him to go and I hope it's soon. We need a fresh start, with fresh ideas and no loyalty to underachieving players. We still have the basis of a decent squad good enough to jump straight back, just not with a manager who thinks kebe and Oster are Premiership players.

We mustn't get clowded by what he achieved 2 years ago, it's this years achievement that I'm interested in.

Mark my words when I suggested in Aug we'd get relegated fans mocked, but when we're bottom 2 next year at Christmas YOU will be calling for Coppell's head.

You sir, are a clown.

Copps has made mistakes, we've not done well enough inthe transfer market and he's failed to put enough fight in a team more than capable of surviving. None of that outweighs what he has done and what he is more than capable of doing again.

Had we stayed up then I think it may well have been time for Steve to move on to pastures new and revitalise himself. Now I think it's in everyone's best interests if he stays until at the very least January before taking his well earned rest from football.

Can't be many other managers who've won LMA manager of the year 2 seasons running, especially playing those two seasons in different leagues.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 May 2008 17:54

Sir Steve, if you ever feel the need to pro-create again, I hereby offer my body as a vessel to carry your children.

Seriously. I love you.

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 12 May 2008 17:57

So basically we've got to stew for a few more days 'til he makes his anouncement :cry:

PorkyRfc

by PorkyRfc » 12 May 2008 20:10

I F*&%ING LOVE YOU STEVE!!

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 12 May 2008 20:14

Scarface Why would you want a manager that ruined 4 years of great work, in 2 transfer windows, by sticking loyal and completely mis-judging his group of players. What then made it worse, is in January when all his mistakes were highlighted in black and white, he yet again failed to do anything. This man lost the plot this season and he is soley responsible for the relegation.

I thank him for getting to the Premiership, but history says this man is a bottler and I expect him to go and I hope it's soon. We need a fresh start, with fresh ideas and no loyalty to underachieving players. We still have the basis of a decent squad good enough to jump straight back, just not with a manager who thinks kebe and Oster are Premiership players.

We mustn't get clowded by what he achieved 2 years ago, it's this years achievement that I'm interested in.

Mark my words when I suggested in Aug we'd get relegated fans mocked, but when we're bottom 2 next year at Christmas YOU will be calling for Coppell's head.

Yeah, oxf*rd loyalty to a man who got us to see history in the long long time this club has existed.

oxf*rd him, oxf*rd him twice.

PorkyRfc

by PorkyRfc » 12 May 2008 20:18

You are in a tiny, tiny minority

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 12 May 2008 20:25

Before this season everybody thought SSC was God, only to find out he was a mere mortal like the rest of us.

Still the best manager RFC have ever had. I want him to stay, but fear he won't.

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 12 May 2008 20:30

for all u people on facebook ive just found a group set up to get him to stay
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 389&ref=mf

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 12 May 2008 20:30

Sir Steve Coppell.
Dont go.
We need you.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 May 2008 20:35

rotherwick_royal Before this season everybody thought SSC was God, only to find out he was a mere mortal like the rest of us.

SSC is therefore the new Messiah, he bears the pain of relegation for our own salvation...

In three days he will rise again!

allwite123

by allwite123 » 12 May 2008 20:38

romour has it there is a bunch of loyal royals meeting at the mad stad tomz around 7pm to try and persuade SSC to stay!!!! i believe media have been called as well

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 May 2008 20:40

Coppell Out... Nah not really :wink:

I have never felt so passionatly about the club until today.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 12 May 2008 20:42

Geekins Coppell Out... Nah not really :wink:

I have never felt so passionatly about the club until today.

could not agree more

Dazed

by Dazed » 12 May 2008 20:50

Agree as well, nice to see how our fans have taken relegation compared to those at Birmingham.

We need Coppell in charge next season to carry on what he started.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 12 May 2008 20:52

I really hope you will give it another go.

We all enjoyed the success but it is possible to learn from the mistakes too.

It can be so much better and long-lasting next time.

Shearn02

by Shearn02 » 12 May 2008 20:55

Yes... Steve made mistakes...

Sir Alex Fergie made mistakes...

Sir Alex Fergie Stayed and beat the doubters....

Steve MUST stay and beat the doubters....

READING TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toxteth O'Grady (USA)

by Toxteth O'Grady (USA) » 12 May 2008 20:56

Ian Royal

You sir, are a clown.

Copps has made mistakes, we've not done well enough inthe transfer market and he's failed to put enough fight in a team more than capable of surviving. None of that outweighs what he has done and what he is more than capable of doing again.

Had we stayed up then I think it may well have been time for Steve to move on to pastures new and revitalise himself. Now I think it's in everyone's best interests if he stays until at the very least January before taking his well earned rest from football.

Can't be many other managers who've won LMA manager of the year 2 seasons running, especially playing those two seasons in different leagues.

The man who thinks Scarface is a clown cause he thinks Copp should go is the man who thinks its a good idea to keep him for half the season? Makes no sense mate. You also thing he's not good enough for the Prem but good enough for promotion. Still making no sense mate.

Lets put a scenario to your thinking.

Looking at the Championship this season - its shite. Birmingham having gone down have good players but the club seems to be in turmoil with Chairman and Directors publicly slagging off individual players and stating they want to sell up. We therefore have a great chance as there doesn't seem to be anyone else with any consistency. So, Copp stays and we go straight back up - then what? You basically admit he's not the man for the premiership so after keeping him on, seeing him get the club promoted, how would you reward him? With the sack! Copp supporters will be glad you're not the one doing the negotiating!

You can't have your cake and eat it mate. Back him or sack him - there is no half way house on this one. There's a circus in the town - and Ian Royal is the clown.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 12 May 2008 20:57

IN COPPELL WE TRUST

Average

by Average » 12 May 2008 21:02

You are a gentleman and a genius. I truly believe it would be a huge loss to RFC if you were to go. Please stay.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 12 May 2008 21:04

biscuitsrus IN COPPELL WE TRUST

I agree.

Who could possibly replace him?

I see Allardyce is being touted....but do we want to be a Bolton?

Actually maybe we do.....they are Premier League.

226 posts