Worst player you've seen at Reading

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Worst player you've seen at Reading

by Baines » 19 May 2008 13:17

DrZoidberg
Kitsondinho
Do you not remember his crazy runs from the centre of defence, beat 4 men and then realised he had crossed the halfway line, panic set in and he lost the ball!

Awful positional sense ... or maybe lack of understanding with team mates . Look at the results / match reports for the end of the 1997/8 season on this site. Enough to give you nightmares .... Maybe I'm being harsh on him though because the whole team was at a low ebb, and I've probably focussed on this season because of the Tommy Burns threads.

He looked poor in a poor team, but was pretty good earlier on in the season when he routinely won everything in the air.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 May 2008 13:24

I liked Davies, Meaker and Asaba. Thought they were all quite good.

Remember, if not for Meaker Adie wouldn't have scored for us whilst playing for Wolves... I'm sure it was his cross that was turned in by our legend. iirc the same thing happened a few weeks later/before.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 May 2008 13:28

CMRoyal A bit cruel to pick on Fleck, I think. He surely only managed a couple of games before injury ended his spell with us?

Nothing is too cruel for that prick. He only managed a couple of games cos he spent most of his days as a Reading player hammered , generally only being held upright by the Shooters fruitmachine (and i'm not necessarily referring to Jimmy Crawford).

How much of a drunk do you have to be before James Lambert is actually embarrassed about you?

JonnyRuff

by JonnyRuff » 19 May 2008 13:32

Stuart Gray
Robert Codner
Mass Sarr
Paul Bodin
Andy Hughes
Paul Brooker

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 19 May 2008 13:42

Never Andy Hughes. People say he was all work rate and no end product, they seem to forget the 2002/03 season where he was playing just behind Forster in the 4-5-1 and wreaked havoc.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 19 May 2008 13:45

Vision
CMRoyal A bit cruel to pick on Fleck, I think. He surely only managed a couple of games before injury ended his spell with us?

Nothing is too cruel for that prick. He only managed a couple of games cos he spent most of his days as a Reading player hammered , generally only being held upright by the Shooters fruitmachine (and i'm not necessarily referring to Jimmy Crawford).

How much of a drunk do you have to be before James Lambert is actually embarrassed about you?

Fair enough, must admit I was living in London at the time and might only have heard the sanitised version of all that, ie that he was drowning his sorrows because of frustration at injury problems, etc. But yes, a bit of a prat, but still not worthy of 'worst player' status, in my opinion. Ugliest would be a different matter.... :lol:

EDIT: betting without Luke Chadwick, of course.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 May 2008 13:50

Has anyone mentioned Gary Phillips yet?

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 19 May 2008 19:33

I would have to say Daley Thompson.... :D