An official thank you to the parking space crew.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: An official thank you to the parking space crew.

by Focher » 21 May 2008 14:11

can i just say looking at the photos of the ' Coppell staying' demo, ive never seen a such a bunch of social misfits in my whole life.

Pridders

by Pridders » 21 May 2008 14:14

2 world wars, 1 world cup This is to say an official thank you and well done to the several hundred people here, who, at the drop of a hat went out in force to support and welcome Coppell to stay. Well done 17 bus et al for the idea, and everyone else who took part and represented people like me who were at work and/or didn't even know about it. Clearly had a lot to do with Coppell's decision.

You may not realise it now, but this one act of sheer passionate support may well have changed the direction of RFC forever.

After being so vocal about our horrendous home support, which I still maintain shows we do not belong anywhere near the Premiership, you guys have put back a lot of my faith in Reading fans and I'm delighted the flame of Elm Park's spirit lives. After such a showing I'm beginning to think we certainly do deserve to fight for the Prem.

My respect and my thanks to real Reading fans everywhere.

Once again proud to be a Reading lad.

READING TILL I DIE.

get a life gayer

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 May 2008 14:16

brendywendy ouch

miow

i consider myself well and truly told

(love the people sniping at it
why bother?
you showed your mindset by not turning up
not sure of the need for sneerage at those who did though)

Contributing to HNA is like being a monkey in Hartlepool sometimes, so I had better put in the following disclaimer before I go on, lest I be hung for treason:

I rate, to the largest extent, Steve Coppell as a manager, our manager, and I certainly rate him as a human being. Being a decent person of course is not a pre-requisite for the job of football manager, if it were then Alex Ferguson would be running a pub in Govan. I also re-iterate that, IMHO, Coppell is the best realistic candidate for the job at Reading; the thought of Sanchez or Hoddle running us into the ground is too ghastly to contemplate.

What concerns me is that (a) he needed some sort of convincing to stay on as manager, suggesting that his heart perhaps might not be 100% in it should next season fail to run as smoothly as many of you are suggesting and (b) his lack of ruthlessness in cutting out the dead wood in the squad and his recent frankly abysmal record in the transfer market. My mindset is such that I applauded the man until my palms ached when he came out to thank the supporters at Derby but didn't feel the need to plaster begging letters all over his car parking space.

My apologies for attempting to add a bit of balance to this love-in. Steve Coppell is not the messiah, but in all fairness neither is he a particularly naughty boy.
Last edited by floyd__streete on 21 May 2008 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 May 2008 14:17

Cheers Royalblue and Brendywendy! :lol: I think everyone else ignores my posts so have to keep on saying it. :wink: Dara O'brien is bringing out his live DVD in November, so will buy it then and watch it... unless we are doing a Coppell OUT meeting then! :lol: Then i can say. I missed going to Tesco's to buy Dara O'brien live...

Oh and it was nice meeting you Brendy... sorry for saying "Did you paint that sign." You were quick to say no though! :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2008 14:46

brendywendy and on several occasions since

that was the point

You mean of mentioning that he had not mentioned that he missed Dara O'brien, in order that everyone realises that he did mention that he missed Dara O'brien, in order that as many people as possible know that he missed Dara O'brien?!

:wink:

BTW, does anyone know whether anyone on HNA was committed enough to the Save Our Steve cause to miss out on a comedy show?

If so, who and what show?

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 21 May 2008 14:50

would i be going too far if i said the no. 17 bus is as important to the future of ths club as a signing of a key player?

Two Minutes

by Two Minutes » 21 May 2008 15:02

Well done and good work to all that went, especially to Geekins who had a ticket to see Dara O'Brian in Pompey but gave up the opportunity to show his support.
Honestly though, great show by all involved, did the club a lot of good.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 May 2008 15:22

You can all stop taking the piss now! :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 May 2008 15:54

floyd__streete
brendywendy ouch

miow

i consider myself well and truly told

(love the people sniping at it
why bother?
you showed your mindset by not turning up
not sure of the need for sneerage at those who did though)

Contributing to HNA is like being a monkey in Hartlepool sometimes, so I had better put in the following disclaimer before I go on, lest I be hung for treason:

I rate, to the largest extent, Steve Coppell as a manager, our manager, and I certainly rate him as a human being. Being a decent person of course is not a pre-requisite for the job of football manager, if it were then Alex Ferguson would be running a pub in Govan. I also re-iterate that, IMHO, Coppell is the best realistic candidate for the job at Reading; the thought of Sanchez or Hoddle running us into the ground is too ghastly to contemplate.

What concerns me is that (a) he needed some sort of convincing to stay on as manager, suggesting that his heart perhaps might not be 100% in it should next season fail to run as smoothly as many of you are suggesting and (b) his lack of ruthlessness in cutting out the dead wood in the squad and his recent frankly abysmal record in the transfer market. My mindset is such that I applauded the man until my palms ached when he came out to thank the supporters at Derby but didn't feel the need to plaster begging letters all over his car parking space.

My apologies for attempting to add a bit of balance to this love-in. Steve Coppell is not the messiah, but in all fairness neither is he a particularly naughty boy.

yup fair points, all of that really
apologies for my sense of humour bypass

to be fair i didnt think you paid any attention to my postings anyway!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2008 16:32

Geekins You can all stop taking the piss now! :lol:

What, about the fact you missed seeing Dara O'Brien in Portsmouth in order to attend Steve Coppell's parking space?

I've got tickets to see Paul Merton at Northampton on Friday, I hope no-one is planning anything down at the Mad Stad for that evening. I'd hate to have to give up the chance of attending a comedy show! :wink:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 May 2008 16:40

RoyalBlue

What, about the fact you missed seeing Dara O'Brien in Portsmouth in order to attend Steve Coppell's parking space?

I've got tickets to see Paul Merton at Northampton on Friday, I hope no-one is planning anything down at the Mad Stad for that evening. I'd hate to have to give up the chance of attending a comedy show! :wink:

Don't worry - I've got tickets for Michael McIntyre at Reading Concert Hall on Friday, so any such activities won't be arranged for then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 May 2008 17:05

Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue

Don't worry - I've got tickets for Michael McIntyre at Reading Concert Hall on Friday, so any such activities won't be arranged for then.

Is he related to Jim McIntyre? :wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 21 May 2008 17:11

Ideal
Pridders get a life gayer

Well FCUK you, you fcuking idiot!!!

:lol: You have a way with words!

Ideal I remember not so long ago there was a young RFC fan who was found dead from heart failure or something in a park...
And he had written a really nice poem.

Then some asshole like YOU went on there and wrote "get a life gayer" on the poem thread...yet the boy was dead. I would have thought you idiots had learnt from that.

Ah, yes, I know who you are talking about and I know what he died of.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 May 2008 18:49

RoyalBlue

It will be a fake Paul Merton as the real one will be on 'Have i got news for you' :wink: It's prerecorded you say! :shock: :lol:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 21 May 2008 19:37

Indeed. Those that attended made me so proud to be a Reading fan.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2008 19:38

Wish I could have joined you. Well done all. Great result!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 22 May 2008 11:40

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 22 May 2008 17:14

Rawlie19

Any chance you could make the polo shirt have the manager parking sport a bit smaller? More like a logo?

allwite123

by allwite123 » 22 May 2008 17:39

Geekins Can i just say that i gave up a ticket to see Dara O'brien in Portsmouth to travel to Reading and show my support. I don't think i told anyone that. :wink:

It was worth it and thanks to people on here to tell me to come along! I love this club and i'll sacrifice anything for it. URZZZZ!

did u mention that???

wow i must have missed that :lol:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 22 May 2008 20:48

Readingfanman
Rawlie19

Any chance you could make the polo shirt have the manager parking sport a bit smaller? More like a logo?

Yes.

Or did you mean in the middle still, just a bit smaller?