by rhroyal » 29 May 2008 12:16

Why is this thread still going?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pompey Fan Here Fella's

by Royal Lady » 29 May 2008 12:18

SpaceCruiser
Laura Norder i dont like pompey the police take lods of pics off us for no reason and why do they do that i dont now. they shud take pics of the pompey for the rude sings the made at us.

Welcome back....

Agreed! You've been MIA under this and your other name for wayyyyyy too long! :lol:

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 29 May 2008 12:21

yor very kind it is bin a long timer but i like it here and i like space criuser and his dog

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 29 May 2008 12:22

Laura Norder i dont like pompey the police take lods of pics off us for no reason and why do they do that i dont now. they shud take pics of the pompey for the rude sings the made at us.

Rude signs at football?

Well, I never!

Laura Norder

by Laura Norder » 29 May 2008 12:23

rude songs not sings

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 May 2008 12:48

Laura Norder rude songs not sings
Were they on song sheets like Palace Away?

Laura Norder

by Laura Norder » 29 May 2008 12:50

hi forbry loin they sang bad songs and the police took pics off us not off them signing at us that is not right and it is not fare

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 May 2008 12:52

Ian Royal Is it worth pointing out that Pompey have only won two trophies more than us?

Reading
Won
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4 x3
Full Members Cup
London War Cup

Runners Up
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4 x4

Pompey
Won
Tier 1 x2
Tier 2
Tier 3 x3
FA Cup x2
Charity Shield + 1 shared

Runners up
Tier 2 x2
FA Cup x2
London War Cup

Admittedly most of theirs are better than ours, but it's hardly shed loads is it! The difference is Pompey have always been mediocre with the occasional successful year. Whereas we used to be plain shit, but are now fast approaching their normal level and picking up a bit of momentum, bar 1 slightly off season recently.
The charity shield counts for nothing, apparantley.... so that's 10-8 to Reading, even if it did count the fact they had to share it means we lead 10-9.5

Obviously the FA Cup wins and top tier league titles count for more.... particularly the recent FA Cup.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 May 2008 13:14

Ian Royal Admittedly most of theirs are better than ours, but it's hardly shed loads is it! The difference is Pompey have always been mediocre with the occasional successful year. Whereas we used to be plain shit, but are now fast approaching their normal level and picking up a bit of momentum, bar 1 slightly off season recently.

:| I'd say Pompey have come on leaps and bounds ever since Gaydamak took over. I'd imagine even Saints fans secretly desire their recent success, also rans to FA Cup winners and top 10 team within 3 years. I'd be happy to take their previous few seasons to 2006 if I'm honest, we are nowhere near their level

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 29 May 2008 15:35

Three out of 11 England players on the field at one time. Small city nobodies. That Nicky Shorey used to play for us once.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 29 May 2008 16:18

Russell Street
Carlin20 your point right footed, i dont see it?

I live outside of Portsmouth, fareham to be exact. What about you? Why, do you want to meet. I'll wear my pompey shirt, some tight boxers and my stilettos for you?

x

Ooh so close to me! It'd be difficult to distinguish between you and all the other glory hunters in Fareham though. Meet you at The Crown where all the sailor boys hang out, say 8:30?

x

Where were you? I thought we had a hot date? That's it, I'm done with Pompey boys. You're all the same. Ghey.

Carlin20

by Carlin20 » 29 May 2008 18:02

hey guys, sorry i left you so abruptly yesterday, had some uni work to do.

To summarise, often clubs with small grounds dont sellout. Look at sunderland at roker, small ground so the advertisement wasnt there like it isnt here.

When a club gets a new ground this always attracts new crowds and fact is pompey will get 40k every week. I admire reading, it gives hope to other small clubs like southampton, brighton, bournemouth, bradford etc, that it can be done and defy all the odds. Asked the country who's bigger, pompey or reading and 95% would say pompey. Our catchment area is massive compared to yours as is our fanbase/tourist population, (2nd highest in england).

But everyone knows we are the top dogs of the south coast. Dont ever think that scummers or you guys can ever claim to be like us, a "real deal club".

Anyway guys, you're a good club, i hope you are all well and i hope you didnt take offence.

Be lucky

big kiss

X

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 29 May 2008 18:08

Piss off to the pub like the student scum you are.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 May 2008 18:27

Yeah. That's told him. You're on fire today Spacey.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 29 May 2008 18:29

SpaceCruiser Piss off to the pub like the student scum you are.

Ahem. Stundent.
HTH

Apocalypse Now
Location: " Has anyone here at this reading home game, got a season ticket"- Pa Dickhead

by Apocalypse Now » 29 May 2008 19:12

Carlin20 hey guys, sorry i left you so abruptly yesterday, had some uni work to do.

To summarise, often clubs with small grounds dont sellout. Look at sunderland at roker, small ground so the advertisement wasnt there like it isnt here.

When a club gets a new ground this always attracts new crowds and fact is pompey will get 40k every week. I admire reading, it gives hope to other small clubs like southampton, brighton, bournemouth, bradford etc, that it can be done and defy all the odds. Asked the country who's bigger, pompey or reading and 95% would say pompey. Our catchment area is massive compared to yours as is our fanbase/tourist population, (2nd highest in england).

But everyone knows we are the top dogs of the south coast. Dont ever think that scummers or you guys can ever claim to be like us, a "real deal club".

Anyway guys, you're a good club, i hope you are all well and i hope you didnt take offence.

Be lucky

big kiss

X

Why would Reading, a club based over 50 miles from the coast claim to be the top dogs of the south coast?

Your catchment area is only bigger in population if you were trying to attract fish to Fratton Park.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 29 May 2008 19:17

Carlin20 hOur catchment area is massive compared to yours

lol, no its not. Its miles smaller. Do you know the population of reading, let alone berkshire? I suggest the education system down your way isn't very good. Your geography fails.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2008 19:23

Huntley & Palmer
Ian Royal Admittedly most of theirs are better than ours, but it's hardly shed loads is it! The difference is Pompey have always been mediocre with the occasional successful year. Whereas we used to be plain shit, but are now fast approaching their normal level and picking up a bit of momentum, bar 1 slightly off season recently.

:| I'd say Pompey have come on leaps and bounds ever since Gaydamak took over. I'd imagine even Saints fans secretly desire their recent success, also rans to FA Cup winners and top 10 team within 3 years. I'd be happy to take their previous few seasons to 2006 if I'm honest, we are nowhere near their level

Didn't say their current level.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2008 19:27

Carlin20 hey guys, sorry i left you so abruptly yesterday, had some uni work to do.

Be lucky

big kiss

X

Congratulations you are bigger than us and Saints at the moment.

We aren't on the South Coast so you'll have to be content fighting that out with Saints, Bournemouth Brighton and co.

You're having one of your time in the sun phases at the moment. Give it 5 - 10 years and you'll be back down at Coca-Cola level or worse. Our potential fanbase is massive compared to yours, especially seeing as we don't have to compete with the other seasiders like you do.

Might take us 10 or 20 years to do it, but we'll be at least on a par with you in the not so distant future. If not bigger.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 29 May 2008 20:40

Paulsgrove

The dilapidated town centre

Cosham

Fareham

The peculiar Spinacre tower

Condoms on the beach in Southsea

Fun Acres falling to pieces with it's 1 rollercoaster

Gunwharf Quay full of bargain hunting pikeys buying off casts (plenty here visit I'm sure but not my cup of tea)

Watching the hovercraft speed off to the Isle of Wight as a hobby

One of the highest peadophile populations in the country

Southampton on your doorstep with a bigger footballing history than Portsmouth

Darren Anderton

Actually Carlin, you have a point. You must be very proud. Thinking about it, I'm a human being first and a football supporter second, so if it's all the same to you, you can keep your mighty Premiership team and all the gubbins. For when I slope off after the next Reading defeat I see, I can be safe in the knowledge that at least I won't find my surroundings even more depressing.

I'm surprised that town in Wales has such a high suicide rate in comparison to your neck of the woods.

I truly am.

279 posts