Transfer Policy and Squad Size - what do you read into it?

276 posts
Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Transfer Policy and Squad Size - what do you read into it?

by Sarah Star » 30 May 2008 09:44

You honestly think I'm joking don't you? How can I find out if no one gives me a straight reply?

Anyway, if I'd read the first few posts properly it gives me some idea at least.
Last edited by Sarah Star on 30 May 2008 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 30 May 2008 09:46

hi sarah they are messing aruond they like yuo i think we must let the teen agers play in some games and the men in the rest

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 May 2008 10:29

Sarah Star You honestly think I'm joking don't you? How can I find out if no one gives me a straight reply?

Anyway, if I'd read the first few posts properly it gives me some idea at least.

i think, how we did it in the championship year was:
2 cover each position, plus the youngsters who got bench spots in the cups

im hoping we will give them more of a go this time out,

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2008 10:40

Laura Norder hi sarah they are messing aruond they like yuo i think we must let the teen agers play in some games and the men in the rest

Oh how I wish I could be a teenager again !!! :cry:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2008 10:44

brendywendy
Sarah Star You honestly think I'm joking don't you? How can I find out if no one gives me a straight reply?

Can I ask why you are hoping to give them more of a run ?

If it worked last time, why change the format ?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 30 May 2008 10:58

Thanks, Brendy.

I'm guessing that maybe some of the less experienced members of the squad like Henry and Pearce might move up to be part of the 'cover' rather than the third choice 'youngsters' this time around.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 30 May 2008 11:01

Franchise FC Can I ask why you are hoping to give them more of a run ?

From my point of view I'd like to see it because we invest a lot of time and money in trying to produce players to come into the first team.

We currently have a batch of young pro's that, as ever, we've heard a lot of talk about. Unlike previous prospects these guys have actually done quite well when out on loan to other clubs. It would be great to see a couple of them make an impact here.

Producing home grown players isn't just cheaper than buying everyone elses it gives the club a bit more of a link to the local community, it's fans, and gives it an identity.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2008 11:07

Southbank Old Boy
Franchise FC Can I ask why you are hoping to give them more of a run ?

From my point of view I'd like to see it because we invest a lot of time and money in trying to produce players to come into the first team.

We currently have a batch of young pro's that, as ever, we've heard a lot of talk about. Unlike previous prospects these guys have actually done quite well when out on loan to other clubs. It would be great to see a couple of them make an impact here.

Producing home grown players isn't just cheaper than buying everyone elses it gives the club a bit more of a link to the local community, it's fans, and gives it an identity.

But would you swap all that for promotion back to the PL ? Or would you be satisfied with playing them and the risk of not going up ?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 May 2008 11:11

Franchise FC
brendywendy

Can I ask why you are hoping to give them more of a run ?

mainly because i think the youngsters who are closest, are miles better than anything we had last time out
and mainly because th eonly way a club like us is going to compete without a rich benefactor is to start producing our own players through the yoof system
and im wishfully thinking we could do that this year

you are right though, the best chance of promotion is probably the system used last time

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 May 2008 11:26

There is also the totally unquantifiable but undeniably relevant factor that once some of our Acadeny lads have come up through the ranks and into the 1st team other young players in the area may be more tempted to sign forms with the club rather than look elsewhere.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 30 May 2008 11:39

Royal Rother There is also the totally unquantifiable but undeniably relevant factor that once some of our Acadeny lads have come up through the ranks and into the 1st team other young players in the area may be more tempted to sign forms with the club rather than look elsewhere.

And it gives the others already associated with the club something to aim at too. Nolonger will they see it as impossible to break through into the first team.

Franchise FC But would you swap all that for promotion back to the PL ? Or would you be satisfied with playing them and the risk of not going up ?

I don't see it and an either-or situation to be honest.

I don't want the team to be weakened just to give a run out to a couple of local lads but if the kids are good enough to play a part then I really want to see it happen. We haven't really given our youngsters much of a chance over the last 5 or so years and so it would nice to see a few in the first team, even if they then prove themselves not up to it.

Now that we've blown our Premier League status I'm not dieing to go back there. In the long term I think having a few "local lads" in the team and getting a youth program that delivers the goods is probably better for the club than going back up and repeating the last 18 months all over again.

Laura Norder

by Laura Norder » 30 May 2008 11:42

can we ask the other team to use there teen agers and we use are teen agers so it is fare then we can try them to see if they are good or not it wuold be fare then for both of the teams and are teen agers get to play

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 30 May 2008 11:48

why would we do that?
Surely it is up to Coppell and his polka dot big pants to sort out the day?
With Flight Lieutenant Spam Hammond running tings from HQ with Wellington Boots full of pink custard, it would be a great achievement for the Albanians down Zinzan Street if this could be accomplished.
Meanwhile at Royals Rendevous Mr Kearney has broken the key for the Das Boot Fruit Machine.
Annie Basset had one, but she's in space with Felix Bowness and Freddie and the Dreamers.

Laura Norder

by Laura Norder » 30 May 2008 11:53

i relly like that i dont under stand yuo but i relly like that hope that is olrigt reading bedding haha good name for a reading fan that sleeps to mutch ha ha

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 30 May 2008 11:58

That's a poor 4/10

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Jun 2008 20:48

Laura Norder i relly like that i dont under stand yuo but i relly like that hope that is olrigt reading bedding haha good name for a reading fan that sleeps to mutch ha ha

I thynk yuo aught to tell us wot yuor preeveus user names on hear were

276 posts