Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Pre-season friendly v MK Dons

by Alan Partridge » 31 May 2008 17:19

NO FANKS

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 31 May 2008 17:26

No club should agree to play MK Dons in a friendly, one penny to them is far too much. Hopefully AFC Wimbledon will pass them in a couple of years.

g

by g » 31 May 2008 17:43

i think its great for two family clubs with lots of new supporters to meet and greet and make friends

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 31 May 2008 17:46

g i think its great for two family clubs with lots of new supporters to meet and greet and make friends

:lol:

Am looking forward to this one as it's a ground i am yet to have done.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 May 2008 18:27

earleyroyal No club should agree to play MK Dons in a friendly, one penny to them is far too much. Hopefully AFC Wimbledon will pass them in a couple of years.

Yawn - when are luddites like you finally going to get over yourselves?

If you had any inkling of the history of Milton Keynes you would realise that the relocation of a football team from London to MK could not be more reflective of the population of that town. If AFC Wimbledon do pass the Dons in a couple of years then are likely to have passed us as well.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 May 2008 18:45

Avon Royal
earleyroyal No club should agree to play MK Dons in a friendly, one penny to them is far too much. Hopefully AFC Wimbledon will pass them in a couple of years.

If you had any inkling of the history of Milton Keynes you would realise that the relocation of a football team from London to MK could not be more reflective of the population of that town.

What's that got to do with how they did it?

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 31 May 2008 19:41

Good luck to MK and their fans. Not their fault that Sam Hamman sold Plough Lane. He's the villain.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2008 20:15

might actually go to this as my brother lives there and knows a few MK fans.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 31 May 2008 20:31

Last season's return of honours to Wimbledon and the fact MK are working their way up from League 2 have drawn a lot of the sting from the MK - AFCW thing. It's time to let it go a bit. As an AFCW shareholder and a Reading STH, i have no objections to us playing them now. I won't of course be darkening their doors, but that's my business and noone elses.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 31 May 2008 20:36

Spend a lot of time in MK through work and have been outside the stadium a few times and pondering why the ground only looks half finished!

Still will probably go as it is "localish" and a new ground.

And as for you cretins that still moan and groan about the relocation of Wimbledon.

GET OVER IT! have you ever been to the dump that was Plough Lane???

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 31 May 2008 20:39

Platypuss
Avon Royal

If you had any inkling of the history of Milton Keynes you would realise that the relocation of a football team from London to MK could not be more reflective of the population of that town.

Exactly. Nothing to do with a Luddite mindset (you get marks for using a clever word though) but more to do with the fact that the club didn't go through the non-league system and simply started where Wimbledon left off. In contrast, AFC Wimbledon started in the non-league pyramid and have progressed up the leagues without cheating the system.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 31 May 2008 21:16

Can't argue with that but there is little mention anywhere, ever, of how AFC did the dirty on Kingstonian. Added to the fact that everyone I have met associated with AFC all the way through to the youth football (I mean the club officials here not the kids!) has been a total oxf*rd cock, I find myself swaying towards MK these days

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 31 May 2008 21:38

silas Can't argue with that but there is little mention anywhere, ever, of how AFC did the dirty on Kingstonian. Added to the fact that everyone I have met associated with AFC all the way through to the youth football (I mean the club officials here not the kids!) has been a total oxf*rd cock, I find myself swaying towards MK these days

By "doing the dirty" on Kingstonian, you mean buying Kingsmeadow from a couple of rapacious property developers who were threatening to chick both Ks and AFCW out (and in the process taking on a massive debt), cutting K's rent and playing a friendly against them every season to help them pay for it? Discgraceful.

TheRealRoyal

Re: Pre-season friendly

by TheRealRoyal » 31 May 2008 23:24

Laura Norder hi forbry loin i like milton keynes greate shops

Well thanks for that.
Ever thought of becoming a travel agent?

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 01 Jun 2008 00:11

Rawlie19
Laura Norder hi rawlie are yu 19 with a name rawlie19 yuo can be 19 for all yuuor life ha ha rule 1 is dont tell internet men what nickers and cloths yuo have on it is the law so i can not say it some men say i am pretty and the locle bobby says i dont have a bad bone in my body wich is nice of him he is a nice man and very nice i have good brains and i think a lot abuot all sorts of stuff all the time thanks rawlie yuo seem nioce to and a nice man i am lerning abuot crop rotertin and nitergen today of hob nob very intresting buy now

:lol: Beautiful.

you are all gay

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Jun 2008 00:14

TheRealRoyal
Laura Norder hi forbry loin i like milton keynes greate shops

Well thanks for that.
Ever thought of becoming a travel agent
?

TheRealRoyal
Rawlie19
Laura Norder hi rawlie are yu 19 with a name rawlie19 yuo can be 19 for all yuuor life ha ha rule 1 is dont tell internet men what nickers and cloths yuo have on it is the law so i can not say it some men say i am pretty and the locle bobby says i dont have a bad bone in my body wich is nice of him he is a nice man and very nice i have good brains and i think a lot abuot all sorts of stuff all the time thanks rawlie yuo seem nioce to and a nice man i am lerning abuot crop rotertin and nitergen today of hob nob very intresting buy now

:lol: Beautiful.

you are all gay

Wow newbie-ish has got some lip! :wink:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jun 2008 07:39

earleyroyal
Platypuss
Avon Royal

Exactly. Nothing to do with a Luddite mindset (you get marks for using a clever word though) but more to do with the fact that the club didn't go through the non-league system and simply started where Wimbledon left off. In contrast, AFC Wimbledon started in the non-league pyramid and have progressed up the leagues without cheating the system.

So by your argument a club should have to start from scratch simply because it moves location?

Is your objection based on scale of move? If that is the case, where do you draw the line? QPR, Arsenal, Millwall etc have all moved location without the need to rebuild from scratch. Same issues, different time - therefore different scale of move required.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 01 Jun 2008 10:59

Avon Royal
earleyroyal
Platypuss

So by your argument a club should have to start from scratch simply because it moves location?

Is your objection based on scale of move? If that is the case, where do you draw the line? QPR, Arsenal, Millwall etc have all moved location without the need to rebuild from scratch. Same issues, different time - therefore different scale of move required.

completely different issue. Wimbledon didn't move. Their league place (and players) was bought by another company for the benefit of a completely different group of people. There was never any intention of MK being for the benefit of Wimbledon FC or their supporters. Wimbledon FC died the moment the takeover went ahead, and MK Dons got instead membership of the league without having to kick a ball previously (mind you, so did Chelsea).

MK should have been made to start in non-league, perhaps southern league midland division, and build their way into the league from there. A place in the league should not be able to be sold, but I think they only got away with it because Wimbledon didn't particularly make many friends when they were at the top, and their dreadful crowds were something of an embarrassment. With them not owning their own ground, and little prospect of them doing so in the near future, I think the league & FA decided to turn a blind eye to their rules.

Saying that, I actually have nothing against MK. People said they'd be a failure, with nobody wanting to watch them, but not many 4th tier clubs can claim a crowd of over 17,000 in recent history. While some still cling to the belief that justice will prevail, and that AFC Wimbledon will be passing MK Dons sinking in the other direction, the fact that MK can average nearly 10,000 in the 4th tier (more than Wimbledon ever averaged at Plough Lane, even when in the top division) suggests it's not likely.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 01 Jun 2008 12:40