Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Matejovsky

by rg6royal » 31 May 2008 10:58

Oster wasn't good enough for the premiership end of. But i think that he would be a handy player in the Championship. Oh well we have moved on and he won't be with us next season so we need to concentrate on who will be on the right wing for next season. Little should be fit enough by then to start but i very much doubt that he will last the whole 90, meaning we need to either give James Henry a run out or splash some cash on a good right winger.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 May 2008 11:06

winchester_royal Having seen Marek just put in a cracking cross, perhaps he should be considered for the RM role next season, if he stays.

That wold mean we can bulk up the middle, and use his creativity at the same time.

Just a thought.

I've got a better idea...why don't we buy a right winger instead of playing players out of position, which ultimately helped us down.

Would this bulking up involve James Harper? :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 May 2008 11:08

And LOL at people still trying to fight Oster's corner.

07RFC

by 07RFC » 31 May 2008 12:09

just because a player produces a couple of good crosses you all think they should be a winger, matejovsky is a cm and we need to buy someone who actually has experience on the wing and is better than oster

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Marek Pleased With Coppell Staying

by Ian Royal » 31 May 2008 20:08

Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal
Royal Lady He may not have been given much chance to help keep us up last season, but from the little I've seen of him, he's a quality player and we could do worse than build next season's team around him. His passing is absolutely spot on - he has a real eye for the ball and he makes space.

I like him a lot, but I think some are going a little over board on his passing. I can't think of a single through ball that set up a goal. I can also think of plenty of passes that didn't get to the intended target.

Great prospect and should piss all over the championship though.

He laid on one excellent little through ball that someone, I think it was Oster (probably anyway as he couldn't do anything right) failed to convert. It's not Matejovsky's fault if out players don't take the chances he creates.

I do agree with the general point that for all his probing, he didn't really create many clear scoring opportunities though. In a similar vein to Harper though, you don't have to be the one to make the final pass to be the creative fulcrum of the team. I lost count of the number of times Matejovsky played excellent ballsin to excellent positions for his team mates to have the time and space to create something. Unfortunately for him our wingers were Hunt and Oster most of the time so his good work went to waste.

No arguements there.

There is a lot to like, but after being probably the most positive about him on here when he first joined, I am left with a few minor niggling concerns.

Just as a suggestion to throw out there. What do people think of trying an attacking 4-5-1 formation with Harper and Marek to pass through teams? Very advanced wingers - more like left and right forwards with a Kitson figure up front alone in the middle and someone like Bikey sitting just behind Harps and Marek?

Can change very quickly from defence to attack and vice versa, should be capable of getting bodies forward in numbers quickly.. Given we are fairly light on top quality & reliable wingers right now, it seems a possible way to go. although I'm not sure the likes of Lita, Doyle and Long are best suited to the sort of forward role I'm thinking of.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 31 May 2008 21:30

We are all going overboard with his passing because he is the only one in the squad who bloody can!

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 01 Jun 2008 00:13

ggfdgdf
Last edited by TheRealRoyal on 01 Jun 2008 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jun 2008 01:22

TheRealRoyal Steve coppel needs to be sacked
I ceratinly am a plastic and wont be supporting this dross next year
championship is such a poor level of football
back to some proper football with the likes of the mighty arsenal

ARSENAL TILL I DIE

What an apt user name you have. :wink:

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 01 Jun 2008 02:01

rg6royal We are all going overboard with his passing because he is the only one in the squad who bloody can!

Can Kitson and Little not pass?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Jun 2008 03:30

londinium
rg6royal We are all going overboard with his passing because he is the only one in the squad who bloody can!

Can Kitson and Little not pass?

For precision passing and vision Marek is in a class of his own amongst our current players. That is what he was purchased for, to take us to the next level.

It has been said many times on here but if Lita could just use his pace/finishing with Marek the two could combine brilliantly. I would also like to see a centre midfielder next to him that could do the majority of the tackling for the both of them

I am trying to think if I would like Marek to have a superb Euro 2008 or not.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Jun 2008 04:35

ARSENAL TILL I DIE

Is this a joke? Seems a bit too simple to be a windup or someone taking the piss but it probably is. If it is not then good riddance. If it is, you got me.

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 01 Jun 2008 12:19

seahawk10

ARSENAL TILL I DIE

Is this a joke? Seems a bit too simple to be a windup or someone taking the piss but it probably is. If it is not then good riddance. If it is, you got me.

Im very sorry
That was my friend
I left it on when he was round and he wrote it
Hes a glory hunting arsenal fan if you hadnt noticed:D

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 01 Jun 2008 12:31

Are you sure it's not your alter-ego, or your Jekyll and Hyde personality?

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 01 Jun 2008 19:27

Sarah Star Are you sure it's not your alter-ego, or your Jekyll and Hyde personality?

Ha no im pretty sure im a reading fan through and through

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 02 Jun 2008 06:11

TheRealRoyal
seahawk10

ARSENAL TILL I DIE

Im very sorry
That was my friend
I left it on when he was round and he wrote it
Hes a glory hunting arsenal fan if you hadnt noticed:D

Fair enough, glad you are still a real royal! :-) I just can't see the logic in getting this far with Reading and then jumping ship. These are still the golden years for the club and we might yet get back in the prem. If not, que sera sera. I am hooked now, so wherever we wind up I will be there too. Headline:

HNA? and Reading FC Pleased with Plastic from LA Staying :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Jun 2008 08:22

seahawk10 Fair enough, glad you are still a real royal! :-) I just can't see the logic in getting this far with Reading and then jumping ship. These are still the golden years for the club and we might yet get back in the prem. If not, que sera sera. I am hooked now, so wherever we wind up I will be there too. Headline:

HNA? and Reading FC Pleased with Plastic from LA Staying :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy to hear it Seahawk. Your positivity on here lightened up the darkest times of last season. One question though. Where are you going to watch the matches next season? It's gonne be more difficult for all of us who can't get to games all the time but it's a little different for our US fans...

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Jun 2008 09:49

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 02 Jun 2008 11:25

i for one am v happy that Marek wants to stay. He played well last season and shoiuld stay. All Arsenal Royals should bugger off here.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Jun 2008 19:09

I am not certain marek will be with us next season

i mean the guy is going to be playing at euro 2008 and will prob start in place of rosicky.

we all know what he is capable of and if he does shine, sure a few clubs will come in for him

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 02 Jun 2008 19:54

Archie's penalty Happy to hear it Seahawk. Your positivity on here lightened up the darkest times of last season. One question though. Where are you going to watch the matches next season? It's gonne be more difficult for all of us who can't get to games all the time but it's a little different for our US fans...

That's a tough one. I have a subscription to Setanta Broadband. They show CCC games on there but with more teams and only a handful of games per week reading will not always be featured. So I am hoping to watch maybe 15-20 games next year including cup ties. And even though that seems like a low total, I just have to imagine what it was like being a supporter in the 1990's and back. There wasn't the flood of games on the TV or Interweb back then. How did everyone follow the club? They read about it and listened to the radio. Well, I can do those things now. So I will read the Post and official website online, listen to BBCRB and read on Hobnob. It's not all that bad. I should finally break down and subscribe to Reading World as well to get archived highlights and such.

Now let me ask you guys, how many games will be on TV if you live in Reading and have all the Sky/Setanta subscriptions? Are you able to watch nearly every game on TV? In the States they sell these packages for MLB, NFL and NBA where you can get almost every game on TV on what's called a 'Season Ticket'. The only times you wouldn't see a game is when it is blacked out (no tv coverage) in the area you live. Is something similar available in the UK? Can you get a subscription to watch all the CCC games you like? Or get one to watch all the Prem games you like? Or are you still limited to whatever the network that holds the contract elects to show?