Predictions

245 posts
Brain Traysers

Re: Predictions

by Brain Traysers » 19 Jun 2008 14:53

This is the place for predictions not an English exam where you get marks for spelling should of, could of, their and there right.

So you still say we ain't getting promoted, I think you are wrong. You could of apologised in good grace.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 14:55

This forum is far more entertaining when it's not the season!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 14:55

Brain Traysers This is the place for predictions not an English exam where you get marks for spelling should of, could of, their and there right.

So you still say we ain't getting promoted, I think you are wrong. You could of apologised in good grace.

Just write properly. It stops people making pedantic comments...HTH

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 19 Jun 2008 14:58

I just give my opinion and some oxf*rd Space Captain starts giving me shit about writing could of instead of have or similar.

And he reckons we won't get promoted so he don't know much anyway :D

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Jun 2008 14:58

Brain Traysers I just give my opinion and some oxf*rd Space Captain starts giving me shit about writing could of instead of have or similar.

easy newbie easy

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 14:59

I think Spacey thinks we have a chance of getting promoted - as do I.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 19 Jun 2008 15:00

Newbie to posting but I have been reading here for many years. Glad I'm not the only one then. Cheers.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 19 Jun 2008 15:01

In an earlier article posted on here it was stated that the number of sides who got promoted the season after they were relegated were just 4 out of 39. The odds are greatly against - in fact the odds of staying in the premier after promotion are around 50% and so its easier to stay in the prem than get back into it.

If we have a moderate season then maybe it is time for Coppell to have a well earned rest (after a hearty round of applause from me) but I'm all for giving him one more crack at it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Jun 2008 15:09

Brain Traysers Newbie to posting but I have been reading here for many years. Glad I'm not the only one then. Cheers.

you'll get used to it eventually

watch out for the grammar fascists in future

and if asked "rock or con air" you should always shoose con air

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 15:09

Bucks Dave In an earlier article posted on here it was stated that the number of sides who got promoted the season after they were relegated were just 4 out of 39. The odds are greatly against - in fact the odds of staying in the premier after promotion are around 50% and so its easier to stay in the prem than get back into it.

If we have a moderate season then maybe it is time for Coppell to have a well earned rest (after a hearty round of applause from me) but I'm all for giving him one more crack at it.

I think it's 4 out of 39 who got back into the premiership and then stayed there the next season. Not sure what the stats are about people simply getting repromoted...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 19 Jun 2008 15:16

Brain Traysers This is the place for predictions not an English exam where you get marks for spelling should of, could of, their and there right.

You may not be doing exams on here, but you do want people to understand you? Then write good English.

And I never said anything about our chances of promotion. I am going to ignore you from now on.

Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

by Laura Norder » 19 Jun 2008 15:24

i hope yuo dont ingore me space criuser i hope yuo are haveing a nice day in the sun shine have a nice day yuor laura x

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 19 Jun 2008 16:56

Archie's penalty
Bucks Dave In an earlier article posted on here it was stated that the number of sides who got promoted the season after they were relegated were just 4 out of 39. The odds are greatly against - in fact the odds of staying in the premier after promotion are around 50% and so its easier to stay in the prem than get back into it.

I think it's 4 out of 39 who got back into the premiership and then stayed there the next season. Not sure what the stats are about people simply getting repromoted...

I looked this up a while ago but can;t now remember which web site had the info !
From memory it was 13 sides that went straight back up. Obvioulsy several more had one season down then got promoted.
The comparison with sides staying up is a bit deceptive I think - it's getting much harder for new teams to stay up so whilst figures since the PL started may show quite a good proportion staying up the current odds are much longer.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jun 2008 17:15

Roger the Rabbit
Archie's penalty

I looked this up a while ago but can;t now remember which web site had the info !
From memory it was 13 sides that went straight back up. Obvioulsy several more had one season down then got promoted.
The comparison with sides staying up is a bit deceptive I think - it's getting much harder for new teams to stay up so whilst figures since the PL started may show quite a good proportion staying up the current odds are much longer.

To find out the stats one could trawl through soccerbase.com but I'm not the guy to do it! Interesting what you say about the
current trend regarding newly-promoted teams having problems staying up in the prem. In the last two years of the 6 teams that have gone up only 2 of them (Sunderland and Reading) remained after one year...

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 31 Jul 2008 09:08

Anyone's predictions altering after the last 5 or 6 weeks then?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Jul 2008 10:52

not really, I've always thought we've got a strong enough team to bounce straight back up, or at least get a play off finish, but now I think we may need to add a couple of extra players, just to add depth to the squad if nothing else

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 31 Jul 2008 16:19

brendywendy
Brain Traysers I just give my opinion and some oxf*rd Space Captain starts giving me shit about writing could of instead of have or similar.

easy newbie easy

Don't patronise.
Nob.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Jul 2008 16:21

readingbedding
brendywendy

easy newbie easy

Don't patronise.
Nob.

dont hold back!
god like figure.

if i cant patronise i newbie on an internet forum who can i patronise?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 31 Jul 2008 16:25

Roger the Rabbit
Archie's penalty

Spacecruiser sent me a graph.

I don't know which of the 8 playoff teams won their play-off but there are the raw statistics. Of course, not every team relegated from the Premiership is in the same boat.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 31 Jul 2008 16:42

It could be argued that this is the best season ever to bounce back - because it's the first of the new TV contract with larger parachute payments. I'd maintian that relegated teams should be more likely now to bounce back than ever before - in fact, I think I'll waste an hour or so by graphing that...

245 posts