Little joining Pompey

423 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Little joining Pompey

by TFF » 20 Jun 2008 15:33

Royalee
Carlin20 You cannot blame the bloke for moving on.

Portsmouth is a progressive and successful club, and much bigger than Reading.

He'll get bigger wages there by far, although probably wont play much.

Glen deserves a chance at a big club, and not a smallish championship club, good luck to Glen at Portsmouth, that club's going places and little ickle reading isnt.

Correct while we have Coppell in charge.

3/10

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Jun 2008 15:34

sucatraps Disappointing, but not so surprising, one last hurrah in the premier trough! What price loyalty these days? What's worse is he wanted two years with us, was offered one, turned it down and has now accepted a one year contract with Pompey. I guess this demonstrates why 'hero-worship' is a waste of time!

He will probably get paid more in total with a 1 year contract with Portsmouth than he would with a 3 year, let alone 2 year deal with us.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Jun 2008 15:36

F**K OFF PORTSMOUTH.

First they stole Primus. Then they stole Ashdown. Then they let Fulham score. And now this. The f**king cvnts.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Jun 2008 15:37

SpaceCruiser F**K OFF PORTSMOUTH.

First they stole Primus. Then they stole Ashdown. Then they let Fulham score. And now this. The f**king cvnts.

More ambitious and successful clubs with a larger fanbase and in a higher division than us are annoying, aren't they?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Jun 2008 15:38

Wow is all I can say. Little has been injured all season while we've been paying his wages and he jumps ship after that? Zero respect.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 20 Jun 2008 15:38

That this is not ironic makes it even funnier.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Jun 2008 15:39

LOLZ

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Jun 2008 15:39

Alan Partridge That's the case for any footballer in the world at any club though tbh. The most depressing thing about this, Wycombe Royal makes a valid point that it's not as if we've lost a 25 goal a season striker from the year before, we aren't going to miss him from last season, It feels like the David Connolly situation when we are just about to get a really good player then someone snatches him away!! The problem i see is that I have ZERO confidence or faith in the idiots in charge of transfers here in getting a decent replacement.

LOL, you mean the idiots in charge of transfers that brought him here in the first place. I mean its not as if they've any success at all in bringing in players for this Division is it.

Gotta say i really didn't see this coming and i'm a bit gutted to be fair.

The best footballer to ever wear the shirt.

Oh and double LOL at all those slagging him off.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Jun 2008 15:40

FiNeRaIn Wow is all I can say. Little has been injured all season while we've been paying his wages and he jumps ship after that? Zero respect.

Yep, you would have turned down a lucrative Premier League contract, wouldn’t you. :lol:

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 20 Jun 2008 15:41

I'm not surprised, why would he stay at a club with a manager as negative as Coppell.

This season is going to be woefull.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 20 Jun 2008 15:43

cmonurz
FiNeRaIn Wow is all I can say. Little has been injured all season while we've been paying his wages and he jumps ship after that? Zero respect.

Yep, you would have turned down a lucrative Premier League contract, wouldn’t you. :lol:

How lucrative is it ?

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Jun 2008 15:43

I HATE POMPEY SO F***** MUCH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fezza

by Fezza » 20 Jun 2008 15:43

Looking forward to next season with;

Glenn Little gone
Marek injured
and the following likely to go; Harps, Shorey; Hunt, Doyle, Lita and Sonko (not overly gutted about this).

Oh and Sir Steve still here with his iffy transfer policy....

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Jun 2008 15:43

Vision
Alan Partridge That's the case for any footballer in the world at any club though tbh. The most depressing thing about this, Wycombe Royal makes a valid point that it's not as if we've lost a 25 goal a season striker from the year before, we aren't going to miss him from last season, It feels like the David Connolly situation when we are just about to get a really good player then someone snatches him away!! The problem i see is that I have ZERO confidence or faith in the idiots in charge of transfers here in getting a decent replacement.

LOL, you mean the idiots in charge of transfers that brought him here in the first place. I mean its not as if they've any success at all in bringing in players for this Division is it.

Well after last season they get another chance to recruit for 'this division' having failed miserably in the last 5 transfer windows, forgive me for not thinking they will pass this test.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Jun 2008 15:43

crossie I just pray that we sign a couple of great players before the start of the season.

Brian Potter I want to moonwalk son, but life’s a sh*t-house.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 20 Jun 2008 15:44

It can quite safely be assumed that it will equal significantly more than Reading's Premier league salaries less the supposed relegation pay cut. In fact, imho, there is a chance his salary will be close to double what he was offered here.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 Jun 2008 15:46

Alan Partridge
Vision

Well after last season they get another chance to recruit for 'this division' having failed miserably in the last 5 transfer windows, forgive me for not thinking they will pass this test.

Just dont quite see the logic in automatically assuming they can't when they've proved they can in the past. If we were in the Premiership I'd have had to agree.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Jun 2008 15:47

Actually
Laugh
Out
Loud

Why did Fulham have to score?
Only twenty minutes more
And we’d have kept the hoardes at bay…..
Last edited by floyd__streete on 20 Jun 2008 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jun 2008 15:47

Do you think he'll pass his medical? I still think Harry is taking a massive gamble with him.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 20 Jun 2008 15:49

How crap was our deal that Pompey could tease him away given that he's still in my opinion quite a fitness risk and will most likely only ever be a second string player for them.

Good luck to him, quality on and off the pitch, shame on us. If he blows his top flight career with a poor season with Pompey will he live to regret easing himself back into the game with us, a club that he knew and enjoyed and didn't have any credible challenge for his position.

Would we take him back on promotion back to the top flight at the end of the season. Yeah right, the promotion I mean. I can only fear the worse, sounds like Mr Mad is struggling with the credit crunch more than the average!

423 posts