Little joining Pompey

423 posts
Laura Norder
Location: my loaction is seccret but it is near wallingford ha ha

Re: Little joining Pompey

by Laura Norder » 28 Jun 2008 23:01

hi brenda the man forbrey loin is tall so may be it is him in kigslays costum i hope yuo are watcking jay z on tv he is god

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 29 Jun 2008 13:11

BBC Sport Rumours Column Harry Redknapp has told Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips that he would be a success at Portsmouth. (Setanta Sports 1210 BST)

MURKED

georgerob

by georgerob » 30 Jun 2008 13:59

well its nearing the end of little's football career anyway and he is just injury prone which is in relation to his age and the way he plays. little has never had any real pace its all about pure skill in which he beats his man with. its disappointing because apparently he is a real character in the squad and like coppell said he still owed us alot because of the injury.
well i guess now its time for coppell to give henry his chance and put him on the rw, but the only problem with coppell he nevers plays any of the academy players, hopefully at forest henry gets given the chance to start because of what ive seen in the reseves, academy matches and heard that he has the potential to be a great player so coppell put him in there :evil: .
aswell a few years ago henry turned down an offer to join chelsea to stay at reading so he has shown loyalty towards the club and shown he has real quality as why would chelsea want him

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Jun 2008 14:15

because they buy up anyone they can get their hands on at a young age

hes ok, can be brilliant, and his performances for the englad U19s do show he has a big match mentality

but from what ive seen for the reserves i wouldnt say hes done enough to be starting for us next time out

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 30 Jun 2008 15:02

Roll on pre-season. You never know, if Henry puts in some cracking performances against the Swedish division 7 teams he could make that right wing spot his!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Jun 2008 15:24

brendywendy because they buy up anyone they can get their hands on at a young age

hes ok, can be brilliant, and his performances for the englad U19s do show he has a big match mentality

but from what ive seen for the reserves i wouldnt say hes done enough to be starting for us next time out

I remember a couple of games, very early on the season I think, when Henry looked outstanding.

There was one I watched the highlights of when Fae and Cisse were possibly making their debuts, and Henry looked the best player on the pitch. Hard to tell from highlights of course, but he's looked pretty handy whenever I've watched him live.

Time will tell I guess.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Jun 2008 15:28

maybe i just picked the wrong reserve games

to be fair they arent the best barometer of class

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Jul 2008 16:44

LOL at little
picking up a thigh strain in his 1st preseason game vs bournemouth and going off injured

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Jul 2008 18:10

brendywendy LOL at little
picking up a thigh strain in his 1st preseason game vs bournemouth and going off injured

At least he's showing consistent form

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Jul 2008 22:35

Yes LOL @ one of the finest players to ever put on a hooped shirt as he gets injured at his new club.

And you have a go at some others on here! :roll:

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 22 Jul 2008 22:41

Alan Partridge

Yes LOL @ one of the finest players to ever put on a hooped shirt as he gets injured at his new club.

No, the point is he should have stayed with us!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Jul 2008 22:42

Oxon_Royal
Alan Partridge

No, the point is he should have stayed with us!

why? 32 year old offered a contract by a Premiership club or by a Championship club. No brainer.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Jul 2008 22:52

^'greed.

He did the right thing for him. It's just a shame that it was on the back of us paying to get him fit again (or otherwise).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Jul 2008 10:16

Alan Partridge

i like most of what you say-even though its pitched at slightly more negative level than i prefer
but stop being sanctimonious

he is not a reading player any more- he chose to go for the money, and sit on the bench at pompey
instead of stay at the club that gave him his big chance at the top level, and saw him through countless injuries-literally he couldnt give a toss about reading.

he is the best player i can remember playing in the hoops, he is the white pele, he was the most amazing player ive ever seen-to run so slow and bamboozle so many is a rare skill.
but if i cant express an ironic LOL when he gets injured in his first game in preseason-then the whole world is topsy turvy.

& when do i have a go at people on here?!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Jul 2008 11:41

People moan if he stayed, people would moan if he went.

He went and now he's injured.
Now seriously, are any of you suprised about that???

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Jul 2008 12:01

Little is quality player when fit. Wish he had stayed, but hes a crock. As for Henry, hopefully he will get a chance to show what he can do.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Sep 2008 15:47

http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=node/200023

Little admits injury nightmare at Portsmouth
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 22:23
Former Reading winger Glen Little admits his move to Portsmouth has become an injury nightmare.

He said: "The frustrating thing is you are playing a pre-season friendly against Bournemouth and get a bit of a reckless challenge and I got a dead leg. Suddenly from getting maybe five or six games under your belt in pre-season you are stopping and starting, you are missing four or five days.

"Then I played against United in Nigeria and I'm thinking 'let's get it going again' – and you are out again for another three or four days with a thigh problem. After that I felt okay against Havant & Waterlooville but the injury was just niggling me still and I felt I couldn't keep going.

"We had a scan and there was a bit of fluid and bruising in there and the frustrating thing was as soon as I missed the Community Shield, the following day I was running fine and could not feel a thing.

"Then there was Chelsea – the first game of the season. Maybe if it was the end of the season you would have said 'well let's give it a go'. But being the start of the season we didn't want to force it. If I had broke down and it wasn't right you are putting yourself back another couple of weeks mucking about.

"It's kept on happening, which is so frustrating, but thankfully that's all over now and I'm looking forward to getting out there and playing games."

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 10 Sep 2008 15:56

"We had a scan" must be a Royal we!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Sep 2008 15:59

I feel sorry for the guy.

He's at the twilight of his career and desperate to compete in the Premier league. His injuries are haunting him.

Hope his luck changes.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 10 Sep 2008 16:50

I'm sure that Little is feeling frustrated, but he's still getting his paycheck, which is what really attracts to the Prem.

423 posts