sign in if your still excited

willz_royal

Re: sign in if your still excited

by willz_royal » 22 Jul 2008 09:26

Im very very excited. You cannot beat the feeling of a football match.

Jimmy the Tree

by Jimmy the Tree » 22 Jul 2008 10:19

I'm always excited about a new season, bore the wife stupid.

I'll be excited whatever tier we are in (not so much the Premiership, but I guess that shows that I have no ambition about an issue I can not influence in anyway, short of becoming a Russia Oligarch and dropping 100 Million on the club)

Toadie

by Toadie » 22 Jul 2008 10:22

...Bring on the football!

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 22 Jul 2008 10:23

I'm more excited about this season than last season, that's for sure. I never take much interest in transfers. I happen to think we'll finish this season mid table. Not being pessimistic just realistic.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Jul 2008 12:04

cmonurz I'm looking forward to the football, the stadium, the atmosphere (when it exists), the goals etc, Soccer Saturday when I am not at games, MoTD returns, watching 'The Championship' again etc etc.

Doesn't mean that I think much of juanpablo's original post will materialise mind you. I'll feel a lot better if we get to the end of the transfer window with Bikey, Marek and Doyle still in the squad.

Well, I'm not excited any more. What a miserable week.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Jul 2008 12:09

I'm excited to see how many idiots I can tell I told you so midway through the season after they irrationally defended Coppell.

I'm also excited to see which manager we bring in come the end of the season who can then take the club forward.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Jul 2008 12:18

I assume this has been said, but:

"sign in if YOU'RE still excited"

:x

BallRoyal

by BallRoyal » 22 Jul 2008 12:23

Signing in and SINGING IN,
Premiership we had a laugh
Were going back up
so fark arf. :D :D :D :D

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Jul 2008 12:46

This club does seem to go out of its way to dampen down enthusiasm. Perhaps far too much and needlessly.

I'm not talking about the hardcore who will watch any old trash as long as it's got a Reading badge on it, I'm talking about the floaters, the ones who reserve the right to pick and choose what entertainment they pay their hard-earned money for.

As RR was often wont to tell us, football is an entertainment business and you don't generate uptake of new paying customers by playing the negative card all the time. Like it or not, the general public enjoys the excitement of pre-season. One of the glories of the pre-season used to be that mounting feeling of anticipation as that friendly against a "big" team approached with the first proper chance to see how the exciting new signings perform. Gone - sucked away into a black hole of negativity. And it's the "STGs" who get panned. :|

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 22 Jul 2008 12:55

Well, at least we'll win more games!
YAY NEW SEASON IS COMING

Streets

by Streets » 22 Jul 2008 12:58

As is the case with every preseason, I'm full of excitment and anticipation of the new season. But our negativity in the transfer market in the last 3 years has taken its toll and I'm almost dreading the new season.
I love the club and will watch any amount of crap, but the lack of funding in the transfer market, the lack of excitment generated as Platypuss quite rightly added, it's basically generating to much negativity in even the most ardent of RTG.

Am I excited? No, not anymore.
Could that change with some key, and I mean key signings? Yes.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Jul 2008 13:04

Very excited. it's the start of the Football season.
One of the best days of the year.
Can't wait to get going...

Pre-season friendlies are phoney.
Glorified training sessions.
Always thought they were a waste of time for the fan.

Best thing about Pre-season is the start of the Football Season, which will be away at Forest!!!

Regardless on the crap posted here, we'll take loads up!

Riseley
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Riseley » 22 Jul 2008 13:11

I havn't been this excited since we finished our first season in Division 4 in 16th place.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 22 Jul 2008 13:17

Streets As is the case with every preseason, I'm full of excitment and anticipation of the new season. But our negativity in the transfer market in the last 3 years has taken its toll and I'm almost dreading the new season.
I love the club and will watch any amount of crap, but the lack of funding in the transfer market, the lack of excitment generated as Platypuss quite rightly added, it's basically generating to much negativity in even the most ardent of RTG.

Am I excited? No, not anymore.
Could that change with some key, and I mean key signings? Yes.

I agree with this, although I think I'll get excited over ANY signing at the moment.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Jul 2008 13:21

Last edited by readingbedding on 22 Jul 2008 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 22 Jul 2008 13:24

In conclusion , we may have been shit and unpopular but at least we wore hoops.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jul 2008 13:26

I'm quite excited by this season because we've never been in this position before

1) having recently been relegated (thanks to only three goals goal difference) from the Premiership and

2) the last time destroying the Championship

Who knows what will happen now?

Yes we've lost little and gingers.

BUT we've gained a couple of players too, and gained from two years' Prem experience.

And the last game we played against someone now in this division we THRASHED 4-0 AWAY from home.

Yes relegation is disappointing, but the *possibility* exists that we may take the division by storm again.

ON THE OTHER HAND, low morale, perhaps inadequate replacements for star players etc may mean we're actually nothing special at all and have to fight just to stay mid table!

The clear arguments for both possibilies and thus the range of reasonably expected outcomes makes this difficult-to-predict season VERY EXCITING INDEED! (at this point in time)

dellwoodboy

by dellwoodboy » 22 Jul 2008 14:10

At tis stage of the pre-season build up I am not excited at all because nothing has really happened other than a couple of players moving on. I won't be excited until we have at least made some sort of signings and we know which players are staying. The way things are at the moment nobody can have any idea who will line up against Forest.
I do think though that this is going to be a very interesting season, football is always unpredictable and this could very much the case with RFC this season, and it could take at least half a dozen games before you might be able to see how they might progress this season. One does think that this is going to be a very open season in the Championship which could well mean that teams that do not start off too well can still finish in the play off positions.
I hope I can get excited in the next three or four weeks, I want to be.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 22 Jul 2008 15:39

head over heels.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 22 Jul 2008 15:50

Platypuss And it's the "STGs" who get panned. :|

I don't want to fan the flames of last season's arguments, but you'll be at least pleased to see that you are very much in the majority, at least amongst those posting on this suicidal team board.

I'd say anyone posting something along the lines of "Don't worry, it's all under control, we'll be fine, John and Sir Steve know what they're doing" will be panned.