Back From The Game - Forest (A)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Back From The Game - Forest (A)

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Aug 2008 17:13

Got to say im very fustrated that we couldnt carve out more than one chance, but oh well, we were solid defensively and hopefuly once we get settled the goals will come...

My player ratings....

Marcus- 7
Rosenior-7
Hunt-7
Sonko-7
Ingimarsson-7
Kebe- 6
Convey-6
Harper- 6
Matejovskiy- 6/ Cisse- 6
Doyle- 6
Lita-6

mini _dariusz

Re: Back From The Game

by mini _dariusz » 10 Aug 2008 17:17

bit generous there mush, it was dire.

Probably the most boring game of football i have ever watched in my life.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Aug 2008 17:18

mini _dariusz bit generous there mush, it was dire.

not even close to reading vs watfords throughout the ages

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 10 Aug 2008 17:35

brendywendy
mini _dariusz bit generous there mush, it was dire.

not even close to reading vs watfords throughout the ages

I'll raise you a Reading vs Luton League Cup match (Eric Obinna's debut iirc :lol: )

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Aug 2008 17:49

Your Shunt rating is cack.
Where'd you get that 7 from?
He made few decent crosses and he abandoned his position.
I hope we have a new LB by next Saturday. :|

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Aug 2008 18:24

Hunt didn't play badly, he did his left back role adequately, but yeah a new LB is needed for sure.
Anyway, a draw a fair result, we looked in control without taking the game by the scruff of the neck and we played within ourselves.

Frustrating to watch, oh well... 107 points then.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 10 Aug 2008 18:41

All together not really that impressed.We looked for the long ball far to often when we should have kept it on the deck.Doyle was very unlucky with his chance but an away win would properly not have been deserved.

The stewards were complete tits to be honest.When there are plenty of empty seats and no one is blocking anyones view,why insist of telling people to sit down :evil:

John Peel

by John Peel » 10 Aug 2008 18:50

Nice to see we've started where we left off - long ball play, lack of creativity and no confidence.

Maybe a tad harsh. Today's game definitely showed that this league is going to be a hell of a hard slog. Not sure my nerves are going to be able to take it! At least the defence looked solid, especially Sonko.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2008 18:55

Sonko being squad number 31 this season would indicate to me that he's not going to feature regularly in Coppell's first team plans. I bet when Bikey's back, Sonko will be on the bench. We need both of them on that showing today.

Carlos 83

by Carlos 83 » 10 Aug 2008 19:06

Royal Lady Sonko being squad number 31 this season would indicate to me that he's not going to feature regularly in Coppell's first team plans. I bet when Bikey's back, Sonko will be on the bench. We need both of them on that showing today.

I believe Sonko requested the number change as he likes to change his number every few seasons.

Overall today was what you would put down as a battling point. Home form will be very important in this league.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Aug 2008 19:08

Royal Lady Sonko being squad number 31 this season would indicate to me that he's not going to feature regularly in Coppell's first team plans. I bet when Bikey's back, Sonko will be on the bench. We need both of them on that showing today.

Actually, I think I'm right in saying that Sonks himself asked to change from 5 because he likes to rotate his squad numbers for some reason.

Missed the game today, but those early marks seem to indicate that he did OK?

Kind of relieved we got a point, I was worried that momentum and an up for it home crowd would drive Forest to a win.

And surely it's time for Jem to step up now that Marek's out injured - did MM come back too early from injury I wonder?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2008 19:09

Ah. Well that's all right then! Good old Sonks. :wink:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Aug 2008 19:16

Thought the stewards played a blinding first half , peaked slightly too early and gave the game away.
Police came on strong in the second half oiking out the naughty schoolboys at the back to the amusement of everyone. All in all a good interplay at the back - shame the front was soo quiet. 8)

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 10 Aug 2008 19:18

LoyalRoyal22 Got to say im very fustrated that we couldnt carve out more than one chance, but oh well, we were solid defensively and hopefuly once we get settled the goals will come...

My player ratings....

Marcus- 7
Rosenior-7
Hunt-7
Sonko-7
Ingimarsson-7
Kebe- 6
Convey-6
Harper- 6
Matejovskiy- 6/ Cisse- 6
Doyle- 6
Lita-6

I didn't think they were that bad to deserve minuses! :D

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 10 Aug 2008 19:22

I thought we were poor today, with the odd exception.
The tactics were all wrong.....long ball to Lita and Doyle against two giant defenders, nice one Coppell.
The midfield was weak, i don't think Harper, Marek or Cisse won a tackle all day.
Kebe did nothing, not one decent cross, didn't beat the full back all day and dallied on the ball when he did get it.
Sonko started as he left off last season, awful. got better and made one great tackle in the second half followed by a great headed clearance.

On a brighter note.
Hunt did well considering LB is not his position and had to mop up for Ivars and Sonkos mistakers a few times
Convey looked much improved from last season, still work to be done though
From the (very) little service they were given i thought Doyle and Lita worked very hard and did the best with what they had
We are one point better off than we were at this point 3 years ago :lol: :lol: ..... 107 points anyone?

USA - 6 - not alot to do, distribution needs work
Rosenior - 6.5 - nothing particulaly good or bad....stayed on his feet all game
Hunt - 7.5 - joined in with attacks, acted as a sweeper for defence and was rarely beated
Sonko -7.5- started badly, improved as game progressed
Ivar - 6.5 - was Ivar....anyone see the argument between him and Harper while sonko was on the floor after been flattened by a shot?

Kebe - 5 - Sorry but he is not good enough, i thought after MKdons their was something there but he lacks the basic skills
Convey -7- our few good moves all came down the left through Mr. Convey/ Hunt
Harper - 6 - was dominated by the forest midfield
Marek -
Cisse -6 was dominated by fores midfield

Lita - 7 - seems to have changed his attitude, worked hard and was unlucky with decision
Doyle - 7 - much like lita, unlucky with the leader

The frustrating thing is Forest i thought were very average, when we started to pass the ball around they couldn't handle us, but this was too often followed by hoofs up the pitch.
Last edited by Richi Royal on 10 Aug 2008 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 10 Aug 2008 19:31

Royalshow All together not really that impressed.We looked for the long ball far to often when we should have kept it on the deck.Doyle was very unlucky with his chance but an away win would properly not have been deserved.

The stewards were complete tits to be honest.When there are plenty of empty seats and no one is blocking anyones view,why insist of telling people to sit down :evil:

how was roseniors man marking?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Aug 2008 19:32

Makes me chcukle when i read 'the tactics of knocking it long were wrong' we did that pretty much all last season, the players we have were terrified of having the ball at their feet. First half in particular it was kick and rush, then played off the park by a team that was 2 leagues below us last year. The one saving grace was their forward injuries, otherwise they probably would have won that game.

Reading were really poor, as you would expect from a team with a joke for a right winger, no left back and two centre midfielders that couldn't tackle a salad.

The arguements between Matejovsky and Ingimarsson, Harper and Rosenior, Hahnemann and the back 4 and then Hunt and one of the coaches, summed up a first half where we looked an utter shambles.

It is visibly clear now (if it wasn't anyway) that this team isn't remotely good enough to challenge at the top end, Our wing play is non existant, we created one chance for the front two which their keeper has made a quite sensational save, in 90mins against a team that won't finish higher than about 15th.

However, we didn't lose that's the only saving grace from today. Defensively 2nd half we improved immeasureably, wth Sonko in particular deciding that he was going to play like Sonko used to, coupled with a run down the right hand side, shame our actual right winger didn't manage anything similar or as productive in 90mins. Seriously if Kebe is starting regularly for us we will soon become an absolute laughing stock.

New RW, New LB, New CM and please get a 6ft striker as that was nonsense at times today.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Aug 2008 19:34

pearcetom
Royalshow All together not really that impressed.We looked for the long ball far to often when we should have kept it on the deck.Doyle was very unlucky with his chance but an away win would properly not have been deserved.

how was roseniors man marking?

Adequate, most of Forest's crossing was from deep.

So all he had to do was get the 2nd ball if possible.

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 10 Aug 2008 19:36

Alan Partridge Makes me chcukle when i read 'the tactics of knocking it long were wrong' we did that pretty much all last season, the players we have were terrified of having the ball at their feet. First half in particular it was kick and rush, then played off the park by a team that was 2 leagues below us last year. The one saving grace was their forward injuries, otherwise they probably would have won that game.

Reading were really poor, as you would expect from a team with a joke for a right winger, no left back and two centre midfielders that couldn't tackle a salad.

The arguements between Matejovsky and Ingimarsson, Harper and Rosenior, Hahnemann and the back 4 and then Hunt and one of the coaches, summed up a first half where we looked an utter shambles.

It is visibly clear now (if it wasn't anyway) that this team isn't remotely good enough to challenge at the top end, Our wing play is non existant, we created one chance for the front two which their keeper has made a quite sensational save, in 90mins against a team that won't finish higher than about 15th.

However, we didn't lose that's the only saving grace from today. Defensively 2nd half we improved immeasureably, wth Sonko in particular deciding that he was going to play like Sonko used to, coupled with a run down the right hand side, shame our actual right winger didn't manage anything similar or as productive in 90mins. Seriously if Kebe is starting regularly for us we will soon become an absolute laughing stock.

New RW, New LB, New CM and please get a 6ft striker as that was nonsense at times today.

easy now! hes not that bad! he just needs to learn how to pass and cross

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Aug 2008 19:37

Alan Partridge Makes me chcukle when i read 'the tactics of knocking it long were wrong' we did that pretty much all last season, the players we have were terrified of having the ball at their feet. First half in particular it was kick and rush, then played off the park by a team that was 2 leagues below us last year. The one saving grace was their forward injuries, otherwise they probably would have won that game.

1st game and already a prediction of where (not where we're going to finish) the opposition are going to finish.

Amazing.