Back From The Game - Forest (A)

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back From The Game

by Dirk Gently » 10 Aug 2008 20:48

The thing that really struck me was that we have no-one in the team who can win the ball - that and total surprise that despite Hunty knew all week he'd be playing left back no-one thought to get him to work out what to do with throw-ins!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 10 Aug 2008 20:50

My two cents for what its worth.

I think today showed some promise. Admitedly it wasnt the blaze of glory and dominance that many expected, however I think that will come in time. The problems were ones that will come in time when the team are not so rusty. For example there were many occasions where where possession was lost due to poor passes and mis-control. These parts of the players game will improve when their match fitness and sharpness improves.

The officials I felt embarassed themselves today unfortunately, and did not help the flow of the game one bit, which did not put us in good step.

Kebe showed some good moments, but equally as bad moments.

No 13 was in good voice.

Why no substitions apart from marek obviously.

Not many teams will come away with anything from Forest this season, I expect them to do well ala Bristol City last season.

I went to the Birmingham game yesterday, and they looked poor.

On to Dagenham :D

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 10 Aug 2008 20:53

Says a lot when the best bit was the half time entertainment!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 20:56

I have to say as well i honestly believe we lack a natural leader on the field who can rally the boys. And don't even mention harper, after that performance, i say shift him on and let karacan e a crack

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 10 Aug 2008 20:56

back from the game and dont quite know what to think. well apart from

kebe... i think enough has been said about him on here and i agree with all of it, after seeing his performance at arsenal last season thinking it couldnt get any worst than that, well it did. the only time we looked lively down the right was when SONKO was running down there, at one point i was thinking stick pearce on for kebe and stick sonks out on the right. we need a new right winger and i dont think there can be a royal out there who does not think that.

harps- all summer ive been saying id be gutted if he left but im now thinking if we got 5mil for him then we should take it, it was like he was playing as an extra centre back today. i think harps is a great guy but we were totally dominated by the forest midfield today and we made that mbossi chap look like zidane! ben watson anyone??

apart from that lita looked lively,rosenior played very well, solid second half from sonks, we look so much better when we play from the back, it does my nut when there is a corner and everyone pegs it upfield and marcus just stands there holding the ball, we need to distribute the ball to the full backs and wingers instead of lumping it up to our strikers as it just comes right back at us.

new right mid, center mid, left back needed.

personally i think joe mattock from leicester and watson from palace would be a good start.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 20:59

susieroyal Says a lot when the best bit was the half time entertainment!

1 of the marines bottled his cameo apperance

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 21:02

Can anyone at the game, if they witnessed it, explain who marek was having a go at in the first half??

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Aug 2008 21:03

loyalroyal4life Can anyone at the game, if they witnessed it, explain who marek was having a go at in the first half??

Because Ingimarsson was RUBBISH.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 21:09

Alan Partridge
loyalroyal4life Can anyone at the game, if they witnessed it, explain who marek was having a go at in the first half??

Because Ingimarsson was RUBBISH.

Yeah i thought it was at him just wanted clarification. Afraid we'll be seeing him for another 40 odd games unfortunately due to SSC loyalty to him.

Honestly i think we need 2 new centre backs at least till Bikey comes back. Forest's Morgan had a decent game.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Aug 2008 21:10

Not enough creativity. We looked equal to Forrest. And I think that's a bad sign.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 10 Aug 2008 21:13

hughsies no.1 back from the game and dont quite know what to think. well apart from

kebe... i think enough has been said about him on here and i agree with all of it, after seeing his performance at arsenal last season thinking it couldnt get any worst than that, well it did. the only time we looked lively down the right was when SONKO was running down there, at one point i was thinking stick pearce on for kebe and stick sonks out on the right. we need a new right winger and i dont think there can be a royal out there who does not think that.

harps- all summer ive been saying id be gutted if he left but im now thinking if we got 5mil for him then we should take it, it was like he was playing as an extra centre back today. i think harps is a great guy but we were totally dominated by the forest midfield today and we made that mbossi chap look like zidane! ben watson anyone??

apart from that lita looked lively,rosenior played very well, solid second half from sonks, we look so much better when we play from the back, it does my nut when there is a corner and everyone pegs it upfield and marcus just stands there holding the ball, we need to distribute the ball to the full backs and wingers instead of lumping it up to our strikers as it just comes right back at us.

new right mid, center mid, left back needed.

personally i think joe mattock from leicester and watson from palace would be a good start.

I almost agreed with your post..then I saw your user name :roll:

1871royals

by 1871royals » 10 Aug 2008 21:17

I thought it was a mildly entertaining game. The defence was solid; they only had Earnie to deal with though. Sonks looked like he is getting back to his pre injury form.

Maybe I am nitpicking but I think Liam R was poor again. A player who has played many games in Prem but he’s never seemed to play well for us. His crossing was atrocious and he always seemed to make the wrong decision. In contrast Hunty played well al LB he looked better as a fullback then Liam R.

Midfield was the same as last season. We need to get the balance of a ballwinner. Thought Cisse had his best game as a midfielder but I still think he’s not the ballwinner we need. Convey and Kebe were good in periods, thought Convey especially looked dangerous in 2nd half. Strikers played well considering the shocking service they received.

IMO good away point earned, really looking forward to the season. Is Henry injured? Found it surprising we only had 1 attacking player on the bench. I think this game has emphasised we desperately need a ballwinner in centre midfield more than a LB.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 10 Aug 2008 21:31

I'll get this in before AP does.

FOREST DUMP!!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Aug 2008 21:50

We could do with a ball playing centre back, as whenever Sonko or Ingi got the ball they just hoofed it forward......step up Alex Pearce.

Very harsh about Kebe, whenever he got the ball he looked like doing something.......twice he made runs past several defenders.....I fear he is becoming scapegoat.

Harper was shite, utter crap. Can't pass, can't tackle, why people here think he is so important is beyond me. The 'unkown foreigner' Moussi pissed all over him.

Marek looked unfit, and the club need to take their time getting him back from injury.

But i'm not disappointed, an away point against a good Forest team is not bad, and the performance improved as the match went on.

If we bring in Mattock and Watson, we will be in good shape for the rest of the season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Aug 2008 21:58

Have to admit that I was amused by the boos that rang out from behind me today, as if this team had played beneath themselves or something. We saw all last season our total lack of creativity and a big fat zilch was done in the summer to address that; final ball was diabolical all game. If we are going to play such a one dimensional long ball game then I'd suggest that two sub-6 footers up front is probably not the way to go. Forest were the better side and I was delighted with a point.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 10 Aug 2008 21:58

the sad thing is, I don't think Forest were any better than the Derby team we beat 4-0 in May. I can certainly remember few other games where the home team didn't create a single decent chance in the entire match (well, there were a few at the Madejski last year, but you know what I mean) and at no stage did they look genuinely dangerous. The problem was, neither did we.

We simply have to start playing football again. We have to get back to the pass and move style that worked well. There was no movement at all today. When players did go on runs, they rarely had anyone to pass to.

The players we have are better than this. We've just somehow completely lost that understanding that used to almost seem telepathic, and as a consequence have gone from a team that attacks in waves, to one that stumbles about like it's a knockout competitors.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 10 Aug 2008 21:58

winchester_royal We could do with a ball playing centre back, as whenever Sonko or Ingi got the ball they just hoofed it forward......step up Alex Pearce.

Very harsh about Kebe, whenever he got the ball he looked like doing something.......twice he made runs past several defenders.....I fear he is becoming scapegoat.

Harper was shite, utter crap. Can't pass, can't tackle, why people here think he is so important is beyond me. The 'unkown foreigner' Moussi pissed all over him.

Marek looked unfit, and the club need to take their time getting him back from injury.

But i'm not disappointed, an away point against a good Forest team is not bad, and the performance improved as the match went on.

If we bring in Mattock and Watson, we will be in good shape for the rest of the season.

I agree, all Kebe needs to do is get stuck in more and look up a bit more and he could be a good player. He dances round defenders and with a fine of fine tuning could do well. Lets not forget that we all had our doubts about Hunt and Sonko, and in time became linchpins of the team. Give it time guys!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Aug 2008 22:02

I dont know why people are clutching onto hope that we are going to sign mattock and watson. We'll be lucky to sign a left back and if we do that'll be it (unless harper goes)

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Aug 2008 22:11

floyd__streete Have to admit that I was amused by the boos that rang out from behind me today, as if this team had played beneath themselves or something. We saw all last season our total lack of creativity and a big fat zilch was done in the summer to address that; final ball was diabolical all game. If we are going to play such a one dimensional long ball game then I'd suggest that two sub-6 footers up front is probably not the way to go. Forest were the better side and I was delighted with a point.

Hunt's cross for Doyle was quality. So that's at least one final ball that was decent.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Aug 2008 22:14

Thing is, if you go to watch Bracknell Town play, despite the level of football that they play, you would still expect one or two good crosses. So, I think to call our final ball 'diabolical all game' is perfectly accurate, even if Stephen (£10,000 a week) Hunt did manage one quality ball into the box.