I am officially bored of...

130 posts
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I am officially bored of...

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 15 Aug 2008 12:05

What can Hammond or Mad do?

Coppell will not buy players, they can't force him.

He should have been sacked last January, the second he said "We don't need a centre half, we've got Cisse."

The man is terrified of buying players, will use any excuse not to.

Save our Steve.

:roll:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Aug 2008 12:06

Alan Partridge I think the major problem is it's hard to know where the blame lies

Is Madejski making funds available truthfully?

is Hammond the one struggling to find/attract players to the club?

Or is it Coppell who is just refusing to sign anyone and happy to make do?

Is it all 3?

The noises from the club would suggest it's Coppell, as we've heard there is money, we've heard that Hammond has suggested players, just Coppell doesn't want anyone. I would tend to beleive that as no manager would like to take the blame so to speak for the clubs failure to bring anyone in unless it genuinely is his decision.

The only way to find out is if one of them leaves. The most obvious and easy one to replace is the manager.

To be sure we should change all 3

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 15 Aug 2008 12:09

Alan Partridge I think the major problem is it's hard to know where the blame lies

Is it all 3?

The noises from the club would suggest it's Coppell, as we've heard there is money, we've heard that Hammond has suggested players, just Coppell doesn't want anyone. I would tend to beleive that as no manager would like to take the blame so to speak for the clubs failure to bring anyone in unless it genuinely is his decision.

The only way to find out is if one of them leaves. The most obvious and easy one to replace is the manager.

Right now I wouldn't believe any noises coming from the club. In fact they would make me think the opposite. I suspect that Hammond is just a pawn of JM's and Coppell just doesn't like to confront them.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 15 Aug 2008 12:21

Old Biscuitman

Is it all 3?

Right now I wouldn't believe any noises coming from the club. In fact they would make me think the opposite. I suspect that Hammond is just a pawn of JM's and Coppell just doesn't like to confront them.

How can they make Coppell buy players?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 15 Aug 2008 12:25

getting new players in = excitement

BUT

getting new players in = instability (Wtaford made the least amount of transfers out of those relegated in 2007 and finished highest, Stoke also had a stable team)

I think people are underestimating just how poor this league is. We'll go up with the current squad.

Right I'm off to polish my glasses which seem to have aquired a rose tint.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 15 Aug 2008 12:28

i would agree with the above SC/JM out comments, if we were 10/20 games into the season, and had no chance of promotion.

But we are not, we have only play 2 games FFS... and that not me being all RTG about it, its called being realistic

And seriously, if we did boot JM/SC, what would we do.

find a new manager, and owner, before the transfer window shuts.......

i think ill join spacy on the AE board....

Team BoaROFLd

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2008 12:33

The complete lack of respect towards the management that some of the so called 'fans' are showing.

Some people seem to forget that it was Madejski who saved us from being merged with Oxford. That it was Madejski who has built this club into a stable financial asset. Or maybe some would rather we were like Luton.

Some people seem to forget that it was Coppell who provided us with the 2 best seasons the club has ever seen.

Some people seem to forget that it was this core group of players who achieved those astonishing seasons.

If we finish Mid-table (which we won't) then even that will be good considering where we have come from, and we have made that progress thanks to Madejski and Coppell.

So get behind the team tomorrow and lets try and get back up to where most people believe we belong.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 15 Aug 2008 12:39

Madejski has taken us as far as he wants. Thanks for saving us and all the good fond memories, but now we need someone to take us on.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2008 12:40

Geekins Madejski has taken us as far as he wants. Thanks for saving us and all the good fond memories, but now we need someone to take us on.

That may be true, but it is the lack of respect for what he has done for this club which appalls me.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 15 Aug 2008 12:41

LOL @ car park crew.. my RTGs have fallen off now. Each season the team gets weaker. And Coppell does nothing. It's beyond frustrating. I'm off to back Reading to go down whilst there is still a good price to get...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Aug 2008 12:41

winchester_royal
Geekins Madejski has taken us as far as he wants. Thanks for saving us and all the good fond memories, but now we need someone to take us on.

That may be true, but it is the lack of respect for what he has done for this club which appalls me.

It's not as if he doesn't say that about himself.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Aug 2008 12:41

Having been fed the ambition line, having lost 3 of our best players, having 2 years of parachute money, having 2 years of Premiership money, having over £9million in fees into the club in the last month, you would be happy with midtable and no more new players because 'well we used to be crap in the 70's'

Where has all the money gone?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Aug 2008 12:46

Please sign, someone, anyone, Steve,please.......... :( :shock:

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 15 Aug 2008 12:48

Alan Partridge Having been fed the ambition line, having lost 3 of our best players, having 2 years of parachute money, having 2 years of Premiership money, having over £9million in fees into the club in the last month, you would be happy with midtable and no more new players because 'well we used to be crap in the 70's'

on players wages, which increased when we went up?

obviously wont account for everything, but still, its a good starting place.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2008 12:49

winchester_royal Some people seem to forget that it was Madejski who saved us from being merged with Oxford.

Forgetful idiots! :?

Re-writing history doesn't improve your argument any.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Aug 2008 12:50

ellpryjon
Alan Partridge Having been fed the ambition line, having lost 3 of our best players, having 2 years of parachute money, having 2 years of Premiership money, having over £9million in fees into the club in the last month, you would be happy with midtable and no more new players because 'well we used to be crap in the 70's'

on players wages, which increased when we went up?

obviously wont account for everything, but still, its a good starting place.

So we've spent around £80million on wages then. Phew that was easy.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Aug 2008 12:50

winchester_royal The complete lack of respect towards the management that some of the so called 'fans' are showing.

Some people seem to forget that it was Madejski who saved us from being merged with Oxford. That it was Madejski who has built this club into a stable financial asset. Or maybe some would rather we were like Luton.

Some people seem to forget that it was Coppell who provided us with the 2 best seasons the club has ever seen.

Some people seem to forget that it was this core group of players who achieved those astonishing seasons.

If we finish Mid-table (which we won't) then even that will be good considering where we have come from, and we have made that progress thanks to Madejski and Coppell.

So get behind the team tomorrow and lets try and get back up to where most people believe we belong.

The fact is, Madejski has taken us as far as he can and wants. If you are happy for him to live off past glories while the team goes down the shitter, then great for you. Yes I am grateful for what he did, but I am more interesting in what they are going to do, and not living of past glories.

It is glaringly obvious to anyone that we are entering a season without a decent right midfielder or a regular left back. Our strikeforce has lost it's target man and our central midfield is looking fragile to say the least, and with around £9million collected in transfer fees, we have only spent about 7% of that revenue.

The club is standing still while others around us are moving forward, and what is galling is the fact that none of these clubs have had the huge financial benefits of 2 seasons in the premiership. I am sick and tired of the lies and spin coming from the club all the time. The reality is no amount of drum beating from RTG supporters will make a blind bit of difference to our points tally or where we finish the season.

I hope at the end of the season I am proved wrong, but I very much doubt it at the moment.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 15 Aug 2008 12:50

winchester_royal The complete lack of respect towards the management that some of the so called 'fans' are showing.

I'll give the 'management' more respect when they deserve it. What about the other 23 clubs in our division? What 'right' does their past give them to any particular league position? NONE. These platitudes are tiresome and absolutely meaningless.

Coppell provided us with the 2 best seasons the club has ever seen...with a squad that bares NO resemblence to the one we have now, in depth of position or quality. The players that remain since then are older and more injury prone and most certainly don't appear to have the same hunger as before.

We don't 'belong' anywhere, you reap what you sow. We've sown bugger all and now we're reaping it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2008 12:50

No, and I don't think we'll finish mid-table, because I believe we have the squad to be top-6 at least.

So far this season we have got a draw at an inspired Forest, and managed to beat a useful D & R team with a half-strength team, when in other matches most of the other sides struggled, for example 'ambitious, money-spending' Derby could only beat Leyton O in ET, and lost at home to Donnies in their first Champ match.

Things aint that bad....trust me.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2008 12:51

Platypuss
winchester_royal Some people seem to forget that it was Madejski who saved us from being merged with Oxford.

Forgetful idiots! :?

Re-writing history doesn't improve your argument any.

How have I re-written history?

130 posts