I am officially bored of...

130 posts
Yorkshire Royal

Re: I am officially bored of...

by Yorkshire Royal » 15 Aug 2008 17:42

RR God that's poor. (Incidentally you are one of a collective to whom my comments were directed; if anyone else feels the need to reply I hope they do a better job.)

What a load of noncesense..

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Aug 2008 17:45

howser We might be only 1 game in but we are talking about potential winners of the Championship or potential runners up or play-off possibilities, and at the moment we do not look like we have the desire or ambition to fill any of those spots, following on from last years dismal attempt to stay in the premiership. We have made considerable funds from the players that have left, and rumours are circling about Doyle's possible departure as well, most clubs in fact all clubs lose better players but in general terms when this happens they get new blood in or they have an ideal replacement waiting to fill the void, we on the other hand start moving players around, out of position to fll the gaps left. At no point since the turn of the year have Reading made it look like they are a premiership team, either during the end of last season or in the build up to this one. The two competative matches we have played this season so far we have come up well short of what should be expected from a relegated Preiership team, last sunday we looked lost, no passing ability, no drive and no passion, that point cant be contested. Karacan alledgedly played well against Villa but hasn't featured yet, surly he cant still be getting speed up to the pace of the Championship. Our transfer record over recent times has been more than poor, Marek apart, we are buying cheap, second rate players, with minimal ability, Kebe, Cisse, Sodje.....all do not have the level of game to perform at the level we now find ourselves at, and more names could be addeed to that. We have gone into this season without a recognised Right winger, left back and creative midfielder, that all spells of a club happy at the level we are now at, no surprise there are disruptive attitudes in the dressing room. Anyone who doesn't feel, even at this early stage of the season, that we are being fed lines by the club just to keep the fans and media interested are to be admired, for thier faith in the management, but a bad result tomorrow, and the same style of "hoof it"play we have adopted and the general cant be arsed attitude by the players, then the fans are going to start becoming very viciferous towards the Manager, owner and Director of Football.

Two of the three promoted clubs last season lost on the opening day (WBA lost 2 of the first 3, Hull only won 1 of the first 6 & 3 of the first 14 whilst Stoke despite winning the first 2 then went 4 without a win).

It really is to early to make any judgement after 1 away game and 1 banana-skin cup tie.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Aug 2008 18:03

Ok, let's get rid of Coppell. Now, who do we replace him with? All we need is a manager who's 1)better than Coppell,2) willing to manage a Championship squad, 3) not too controversial, 4) plays attractive football, and 5) who's club would let him leave. Roberto Mar- oh bugger, fails 1 and 5. Gary Johns- oh, he fails 1 and 5 too.

:roll:

Hammond is our best ever DoF, no doubt about that.

clauski

by clauski » 15 Aug 2008 18:17

And our worst ever...

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Aug 2008 18:22

we just need someone rich with ambition to buy the club and YES this will solve alot of problems.

I am thinking this club needs a change of direction and this season will prove it.

Come the summer we should hopefully have a new chairman, new manager at the least.

Mr Madejski you are struggling to sell the club so i suggest you try Ebay.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 15 Aug 2008 18:59

SCIAG Hammond is our best ever DoF, no doubt about that.

Correct. Since there's only ever been one DoF you cannot be wrong. :roll:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 15 Aug 2008 19:06

Stranded, I am not making the judgement on the individual displays this last week but the collective displays since the turn of the year, and the reluctance to improve a failing squad last year when under Coppell's own admittance he thought we were going to struggle, as well as failing to bring anyone of any substance, so far, for this season, the whole hypocrasy of the club was magnified to me when Coppell said at Shoreys departure, we haven't bought anyone in YET, because if Nicky hadn't gone we would have had two players for the one position, and then the next day he says that Shorey made his intentions clear last year, as what has become the norm, just a lot of contradictory statements that don't add up. Many will not necessarilly agree but we are wasting Hunt a left back, for all his failings he has the attitude and passion that we need in the midfield. I have been around this football club for more than 40 years and have lived through all the past highs and lows, and feel bitterly disappointed over the handling of it over the past two seasons, from the possible springboard of a fabulous first season premiership year, we stopped building the Madejski "brick-on-brick" again during that period Coppell continually said that we were over achieving, if that was his honest opinion then why didn't he do something about it in an attempt to build on the previous seasons success, after all we are continually dealt the spin that there is "money to spend".

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Aug 2008 19:14

Big Ern ....John Madejski, Steve Coppell and Nicky Hammond.

Please do the club and supporters a favour a fook off.

You will not be surprised by my support for this sentiment. Tired and disinterested men who do not have the balls or stomach to take this club forward. A startlingly, almost criminal deriliction of duty caused our relegation last year, and NOTHING they have done during the close season gives ANY indication that things will improve this year.

We will still be here long after you have screwed this club Mr Ego, Sir Steve and Wally Hammond. Do yourselves, and the club, a favour and find replacements for yourselves. Mr Ego, you will never get the £300M or whatever it is you are demanding for RFC. Face facts, you've got your LOANS back, now do the decent thing and sell the club for its REAL value. There will be plenty of offers if you ever decide to inhabit the real world once again.

Sir Steve, the transfer windows are for buying as well as selling players. That menas you might actually have to go and watch a few players in the flesh, something you last did it appears prior to signing Kevin Doy'e. Subsequentr transfers since then, by and large, have been laughable, reaching new heights of hilarity with the Halford, Fae and Kebe affairs! Kebe - a professional footballer?!?!?!!

Wally Hammond - you were no good as a goalkeeper, and what the oxf*rd you are doing as "Director of Football" is quite astounding. Season after season we have heard nothing but bullshit out of you - and still NO-ONE knows what you do!!!!! Clearly you are not retained for your scouting skills!! If Mr Ego wants to save £200k a year, I'm sure you won;t be missed!!!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Aug 2008 19:16

juanpablo John made this club
where would we be without him?

time and time again people have said the moneys there, Coppell wont spend..... blame him if you want to blame somebody

Diviosn 3 old
Home Away
P GD Pt Res Res
1 Cambridge United 46 +30 86 D2-2 L0-3
2 Southend United 46 +16 85 L2-4 W2-1
3 Grimsby Town 46 +32 83 W2-0 L0-3
4 Bolton Wanderers 46 +14 83 L0-1 L1-3
5 Tranmere Rovers 46 +18 78 W1-0 D0-0
6 Brentford 46 +12 76 L1-2 L0-1
7 Bury 46 +11 73 W1-0 L1-2
8 Bradford City 46 +8 70 L1-2 L1-2
9 Bournemouth 46 0 70 W2-1 L0-2
10 Wigan Athletic 46 +17 69 W3-1 L0-1
11 Huddersfield Town 46 +6 67 L1-2 W2-0
12 Birmingham City 46 -4 65 D2-2 D1-1
13 Leyton Orient 46 -3 64 L1-2 L0-4
14 Stoke City 46 -4 60 W1-0 W1-0
15 Reading 46 -13 59
16 Exeter City 46 +6 57 W1-0 W3-1
17 Preston North End 46 -13 56 D3-3 W2-1
18 Shrewsbury Town 46 -7 52 L1-2 L1-5
19 Chester City 46 -12 51 D2-2 L0-1
20 Swansea City 46 -23 48 D0-0 L1-3
21 Fulham 46 -15 46 W1-0 D1-1
22 Crewe Alexandra 46 -18 44 W2-1 L0-1
23 Rotherham United 46 -37 42 W2-0 W2-0
24 Mansfield Town 46 -21

Id say Johns done alright since his arrival wouldnt you?

Yes but if we sell all our best players we will be playing in the old division three again quicker than you think

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 15 Aug 2008 19:17

I don't see why people are complaining about the Club. We have come along way and I'm quite content with where we are tbh. Typical Reading fans having high expectations though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2008 19:26

rg6royal Typical Reading fans having high expectations though.

"Get us back up so I can sell up"

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 15 Aug 2008 19:26

rg6royal I don't see why people are complaining about the Club. We have come along way and I'm quite content with where we are tbh. Typical Reading fans having high expectations though.

Relegation rocks. Far from it, Reading fans have a very low expectation - so much so all this negativity washes away any pain.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Aug 2008 19:27

rg6royal I don't see why people are complaining about the Club. We have come along way and I'm quite content with where we are tbh. Typical Reading fans having high expectations though.

I think a lot of us are seeing the squad strength going in reverse.
I would have thought the club had made enough money following the recent transfers...to sell Doyle as well is one too many for me and I believe the squad would then be weaker than the start of 2005/06...that is hardly progress. Given the amount of money coming into the club in that three year period including the increase in costs to us as fans its difficult to justify...
As a club we have underperformed for too many years and just when the team appears to be going places complacency as admitted by Coppell takes over. We were promised lessons had been learned but with two weeks of the transfer window left that does not appear to be the case.
I still want Steve Coppell to manage this club and provided there are no more sales of our better players remain optimistic that we will go back up but if Doyle goes as well...I fear a long and difficult season lies ahead of us.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Aug 2008 20:10

urz_1871
CMRoyal I'm officially bored with people saying 'bored of' when they mean 'bored with'.

Record A Level results? Give me strength!

Well you will be pleased to know that i didn't do A-Levels so i don't really give a shit.

Oh and this is a forum not some spelling test. If it was something important then i would "have" checked it.

Anyhow thank you for pointing out my punctuation mistake, i will take note and use it for the future.

It is not about spelling tests. It is about the ability to communicate properly and cohernetly. The english language is a beautiful thing - don't abuse it and it will serve you well. Perhaps there is a good reason that you didn't do A levels?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2008 20:11

West Stand Man It is not about spelling tests. It is about the ability to communicate properly and cohernetly.

:|

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 15 Aug 2008 20:25

I'm officially bored of you lot moaning all the time tbh!!!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Aug 2008 20:31

PEARCEY

I think a lot of us are seeing the squad strength going in reverse.
I would have thought the club had made enough money following the recent transfers...to sell Doyle as well is one too many for me and I believe the squad would then be weaker than the start of 2005/06...that is hardly progress. Given the amount of money coming into the club in that three year period including the increase in costs to us as fans its difficult to justify...
As a club we have underperformed for too many years and just when the team appears to be going places complacency as admitted by Coppell takes over. We were promised lessons had been learned but with two weeks of the transfer window left that does not appear to be the case.
I still want Steve Coppell to manage this club and provided there are no more sales of our better players remain optimistic that we will go back up but if Doyle goes as well...I fear a long and difficult season lies ahead of us.

I know i am in a small minority but although our first 11 may not be as strong as 05/06, our strength in depth is considerably greater now.

In truth we were incredibly lucky with injuries that year. Only 17 players played a significant part all season. If we had sustained a few more injuries - 106 points would simply not have happened as all we had in reserve were a few loan players that never started a game for us.

We now have at least 25 players who could come in and do a job if needed and many of these have at least some PL experience.

working class hero

by working class hero » 15 Aug 2008 20:38

where we managed to not spend any money while ending up with a weaker team, and are now repeating those mistakes, even though Coppell said he had learnt from them

Sounds like you need to come along to the STAR fans forum and ask questions of Howe and / or Coppell rather than ranting on a messageboard....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Aug 2008 20:40

Andrew I dont think you are too wide of the mark here...as things stand our current squad is just about on a par with 2005/2006...you could argue Matejovski, Bikey, Rosenior and Noel Hunt are a fair trade off for the loss of Sidwell, Kitson, Little and Shorey...only just though.
You could also contend the ageing of Murty, Hahneman and Ingimarsson is counter-balanced with the promise of youth in Pearce and Karacan..again just about..but any more sales and we start looking weaker than three years ago and that is not good enough when you consider the amount of money coming into the club in that time.
As things stand its ok...but lets not see any more of our better players go just because it happens to be a good deal...thats surely a short term selling club mentality rather than the brick by brick approach the club have promoted in recent years

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Aug 2008 20:47

PEARCEY Andrew I dont think you are too wide of the mark here...as things stand our current squad is just about on a par with 2005/2006...you could argue Matejovski, Bikey, Rosenior and Noel Hunt are a fair trade off for the loss of Sidwell, Kitson, Little and Shorey...only just though.
You could also contend the ageing of Murty, Hahneman and Ingimarsson is counter-balanced with the promise of youth in Pearce and Karacan..again just about..but any more sales and we start looking weaker than three years ago and that is not good enough when you consider the amount of money coming into the club in that time.
As things stand its ok...but lets not see any more of our better players go just because it happens to be a good deal...thats surely a short term selling club mentality rather than the brick by brick approach the club have promoted in recent years

I totally agree with that point. I genuinely believe that the club does not intend to sell any more players. I could just about live with Harper going if we DEFINITELY replaced him with say Watson but I would be furious if Doyle went as this would smack of lack of ambition. He will be a huge player for us this year.

TBH I think that the reason Kitson and Shorey had to go was that they were at the root of many of our problems last year as Kitson has since admitted - which is why we accepted a relatively low fee for the latter. I do not believe that Doyle causes Coppell any concern and therefore believe the manager will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

130 posts