Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

527 posts
2.8 lita injection

Re: Madejski's comments to BBC Radio Berkshire

by 2.8 lita injection » 16 Aug 2008 21:33

Dont get me wrong i like mr Madejski at the helm.

But i just want to be told the truth, i understand their stance in the public eye but lets be fair you can talk about having no money etc but the price of a footballer is the price of a footballer.

Their stance in the transfer market is wearing a little thin in my eyes.

Bill Oddie
Location: By the bamboo bush in the central reservation on the M4

by Bill Oddie » 16 Aug 2008 21:37

Please John don't say "we have to cut our coat according to our cloth" ever again, it really is one of the most annoying pieces of drivle I have ever had the misfortune to hear. Stop it, stop it now !

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 Aug 2008 21:38

A well cut piece of cloth, TY google

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 16 Aug 2008 21:40

West Stand Man Refurbishments on a 10 year old building are petty normal. The wage bill at RFC is huge, check out the facts sometime.

And how do you check out the current facts?

Can you tell me what the current wage bill is?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 Aug 2008 21:45

Mr Madejski was talking about the new media centre and the money spent on the training ground, i believe we also spent a lot on the extension plans as well, these middle men charge a few bob as JM well knows.

And we tarmacad some of the carpark, though that was in the original spec of the ground, so i guess there was a saving there a few years back.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 16 Aug 2008 21:54

West Stand Man It is a shame that you did not wait longer in the queue for brains. You might just have had a wider selection and had the option to get a decent one. ASh well, such is life.
As to your vitiol. Why shouldn't he wait for the 'right price'. Surely it is not unheard ofto do that? Refurbishments on a 10 year old building are petty normal. The wage bill at RFC is huge, check out the facts sometime.

Keyboard playing up? :|

Halifax 4-1

by Halifax 4-1 » 16 Aug 2008 22:11

Madejski is correct. The players are taking too much money out of the game. Chelsea wage bill this season is reputed to be a staggerring £170million and yet it was stated at the Champions Legaue Final that theirs and Manchester Uniteds combined debt was £1.5billion!!!

Over 50% of clubs are behind in their payments to the Inland Revenue, including some Premiership Clubs.

The fate of some recently relegated premiership teams shows how important it is to take control of the finances quickly, before it is too late. Southampton had many more seasons in the top flight than we did yet this season they project a £5million loss, despite £12million in sales for walcott, Bale,etc. and the parachute payments.

We did spend money last season but bought the wrong players. This season, check out the Soccerbase site there are not many players signed by other Championship clubs that would improve our squad. The days of top division players dropping a league has gone because of the disparity in wages unless you sign a player like "The Goat" on a contract that nearly took him up to his bus pass.

Other clubs are being reckless with their money, a slow down in sky subsciptions, advertising because of the credit crunch leading to a reduction in TV monies would finish a lot of clubs.

FOOTBALL NEEDS MORE JOHN MADEJSKIS AND LESS ROMAN ABRAMOVICHS.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 16 Aug 2008 22:36

Halifax 4-1 Madejski is correct. The players are taking too much money out of the game. Chelsea wage bill this season is reputed to be a staggerring £170million and yet it was stated at the Champions Legaue Final that theirs and Manchester Uniteds combined debt was £1.5billion!!!

Over 50% of clubs are behind in their payments to the Inland Revenue, including some Premiership Clubs.

The fate of some recently relegated premiership teams shows how important it is to take control of the finances quickly, before it is too late. Southampton had many more seasons in the top flight than we did yet this season they project a £5million loss, despite £12million in sales for walcott, Bale,etc. and the parachute payments.

We did spend money last season but bought the wrong players. This season, check out the Soccerbase site there are not many players signed by other Championship clubs that would improve our squad. The days of top division players dropping a league has gone because of the disparity in wages unless you sign a player like "The Goat" on a contract that nearly took him up to his bus pass.

Other clubs are being reckless with their money, a slow down in sky subsciptions, advertising because of the credit crunch leading to a reduction in TV monies would finish a lot of clubs.

What football needs is more Chairmen that are open, honest and transparent about the financial situation at their respective clubs. That, I am afraid, rules out JM.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 23:11

Platypuss
West Stand Man It is a shame that you did not wait longer in the queue for brains. You might just have had a wider selection and had the option to get a decent one. ASh well, such is life.
As to your vitiol. Why shouldn't he wait for the 'right price'. Surely it is not unheard ofto do that? Refurbishments on a 10 year old building are petty normal. The wage bill at RFC is huge, check out the facts sometime.

Keyboard playing up? :|

LOL oh dear west stand man all you do is correct other people's grammar on here, when you post something you fecked it up....... :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Aug 2008 23:15

I can't b bothered to read much of this thread because all our fans are spastics but if someone could do me a solid and pm me what mr. mad actually said (not what u idiots think he said) then i'd love to try to make sense of it for all of you

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 23:15

Halifax 4-1 Madejski is correct. The players are taking too much money out of the game. Chelsea wage bill this season is reputed to be a staggerring £170million and yet it was stated at the Champions Legaue Final that theirs and Manchester Uniteds combined debt was £1.5billion!!!

Very good, Scotland yard have looked into this and found Chelsea played in the Champion's League final and Reading were Relegated. Good comment Sherlock

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 Aug 2008 23:22

Actions speak louder than words. He can say whatever he wants. The quality of the team at present might be good enough to get us back up. And if it is just short, I think he is smart enough to realise that some additional investment will reap the rewards of big time TV money.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Aug 2008 23:28

Streets [size=150]Now can those that believed it was Coppell not wanting to spend the money please accept it is in fact John Madejski holding this football club back!!!

Exactly. Blindingly obvious to most of us. Surprisingly hidden to some.

QED.

HOWEVER I don't believe he's holding us back or that we should get rid of him - who knows, perhaps his tactic is right.

My only question is, if it is the right tactic then why not come clean about it from the start rather than backhandedly getting Coppell to say there's money to spend (making him look like a plonker to the shortsighted few) but not coming clean about a laughable wage structure because we DON'T have the money (or rather Madejski doesn't want to spend it). I'd have much more respect if he'd just come out from the start saying "Look guys there is technically a bit of money to spend to *purchase* players but we're not going to be able to attract anyone because we don't have the funds for their upkeep/wages." It's the sneaky way of constantly harping on about "Oh there's money available" that hacks me off and that seems to have confused some.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 23:48

seahawk10 Actions speak louder than words. He can say whatever he wants. The quality of the team at present might be good enough to get us back up. And if it is just short, I think he is smart enough to realise that some additional investment will reap the rewards of big time TV money.

LOLOL comment's from afar, did you see the Dagenham game? and the Forest game ??

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 23:51

[quote="seahawk10"]Actions speak louder than words. He can say whatever he wants. The quality of the team at present might be good enough to get us back up. And if it is just short, I think he is smart enough to realise that some additional investment will reap the rewards of big time TV money.[/quote]

Just bear in mind Mr Mad said Coppell will have to sell to raise funds for transfers........... 8.5m later the con artist has pocketed the fund's :wink:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Aug 2008 00:01

Mr Mad knows full well why he was so desparate to keep coppell at the realm. It wasnt for stability so much as the fact that he knows in SSC he has got a manager who rarely spends alot of money. Music to Mr Mad's ears

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 Aug 2008 00:10

Tamworth_Royal

Very good, Scotland yard have looked into this and found Chelsea played in the Champion's League final and Reading were Relegated. Good comment Sherlock

well yes, and that's the problem. Too many chairman paying money their clubs can't afford (Chelseas losses were more than Spurs' entire yearly takings) forcing other clubs to pay more money than they'd like in order to compete. If you want to know why ticket prices are so high, it's because of chairman like that causing runaway inflation within the game.

(and add to that the high number of fans these days who really believe all chairman are or at least should be fairy godmothers willing to blow their life safe on buying success for their clubs).

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Aug 2008 00:21

loyalroyal4life Mr Mad knows full well why he was so desparate to keep coppell at the realm. It wasnt for stability so much as the fact that he knows in SSC he has got a manager who rarely spends alot of money. Music to Mr Mad's ears

Indeed...reckon Mr Mad will be taking the parking lot crew out to lunch any day now. Then again, he's probably too tight to do that. :P

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Aug 2008 00:28

seahawk10 Actions speak louder than words.
In the end, this is the only truth that matters. The club's media utterances have been all over the place, and how anyone thinks they can make definitive sense of them is beyond me. They seriously need a press plan, because to use Platypuss' coinage it's "shamateurish". However, there was a small matter of a handy 2-0 win today, and I'll be doing my best to ignore the blather both from the club and on here and follow the football. Not saying the winning will continue, but that's where I'll be looking for the main evidence to form judgements about the club.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 17 Aug 2008 00:34

Arch
seahawk10 Actions speak louder than words.
In the end, this is the only truth that matters. The club's media utterances have been all over the place, and how anyone thinks they can make definitive sense of them is beyond me. They seriously need a press plan, because to use Platypuss' coinage it's "shamateurish". However, there was a small matter of a handy 2-0 win today, and I'll be doing my best to ignore the blather both from the club and on here and follow the football. Not saying the winning will continue, but that's where I'll be looking for the main evidence to form judgements about the club.

Love you Arch, you've reminded EVERBODY we won today........ and played well ..... fair play to you.

527 posts