Stephen Hunt

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Stephen Hunt

by cmonurz » 20 Aug 2008 12:52

It's just a shame he looks like an untidy scrotum.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 20 Aug 2008 12:59

Zammo I would have to agree with the original poster. Hunty is fast becoming an RFC legend.

I am amazed how often the word "legend" is used these days.

"Two decent corners doth not a legend make", as the saying goes.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 13:17

thats probably why he said becoming one, rather than is already

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Aug 2008 13:37

Alan Partridge Hunt at left back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunt at left midfield
You know, with Scott Goldbourne almost match fit we might be better served by signing a decent left winger if we can't find a decent left back.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 20 Aug 2008 13:51

brendywendy thats probably why he said becoming one, rather than is already

How many more decent corners before he qualifies then ?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 20 Aug 2008 14:04

Forbury Lion
Alan Partridge Hunt at left back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunt at left midfield
You know, with Scott Goldbourne almost match fit we might be better served by signing a decent left winger if we can't find a decent left back.

Long as Hunt is happy playing at left back then I totally agree. Hunt doesn't have to think at left back, just puts the usual 110% in, he's got good pace (something Shorey never had) can defend well, and if his crossing stays at the level of Saturday then he could be a major asset in that aspect as well. More time learning the position, more the actual positiong side of it and Hunt could make a very very capable left back. Apparantly this Surman lad plays midfield? If that's his main position then it could be problem solved. I'd like Golbourne to be given a chance as well maybe against Luton and see if he's capable. If Hunt sees himself as totally a left sided midield player who is filling in then we will probably need a left back, if he genuinely is happy playing there and willing to continue to learn the position and maybe stay there permanently I for one would be more than happy with that.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Aug 2008 14:32

Jerry St Clair So, we're saying we should be grateful that a £10k a week footballer is putting in lots of effort?

Jeez.

Although I have sympathy with your sentiments the power of football lies fairly and squarely with the players. You only have to witness the rediculous bleatings of players like Barry and Berbatov pleading to move to a different club, despite being under long contracts with their current employers.

I'll be eternally grateful for what Sidwell did for the team while running his contract down rather than just shruging my shoulders and grunting "that's what he's paid to do!". Unfortunately, in this day and age, for every Steve Sidwell they'll be 20 Nickey Shoreys.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 20 Aug 2008 14:38

PLASTIC PIG Hunty is like a rich mans Andy Hughes :lol:

You missed the tattifilarious tizzy one person had last season about that point.

It's true though.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 15:04

Chuckle Brother

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Aug 2008 15:09

Royal With Cheese
Jerry St Clair So, we're saying we should be grateful that a £10k a week footballer is putting in lots of effort?

Jeez.

Although I have sympathy with your sentiments the power of football lies fairly and squarely with the players. You only have to witness the rediculous bleatings of players like Barry and Berbatov pleading to move to a different club, despite being under long contracts with their current employers.

I'll be eternally grateful for what Sidwell did for the team while running his contract down rather than just shruging my shoulders and grunting "that's what he's paid to do!". Unfortunately, in this day and age, for every Steve Sidwell they'll be 20 Nickey Shoreys.

Sidwell's efforts that season seem more and more impressive as time goes by.

Due to this I am just as happy (or more) looking out for his performances at Villa as Shorey's.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 20 Aug 2008 20:34

brendywendy
Chuckle Brother

I'm glad we have got the qualification rules sorted out at least. I would hate legendary status to be bestowed upon any old no-mark who only performs when looking for a new contract or when the transfer window is open.

royal-arkansas

by royal-arkansas » 20 Aug 2008 21:58

Having moved my season tickets from North stand to East Stand ( kids old enough now to be in the mix ) I was impressed with the interaction between Hunt and Convey down the wing . what a combination, and I have no desire to see a Left back who might sit back a little more than hunty . Most teams we will play this season, I would hope we would play a more attack option than defensive and the Hunt/Convey combination fits that perfectly. With LR and JK on the other wing i antisipate a fantastic season.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 20 Aug 2008 22:27

brendywendy
Chuckle Brother

Jerry Williams was only 16 decent corners off legend status.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Aug 2008 22:45

Baines Jerry Williams was only 16 decent corners off legend status.

He was an Oxford fan though.

BanffshireRoyal

by BanffshireRoyal » 20 Aug 2008 22:46

[quote="

so really his real level is that of a yo yo

which is lucky cos thats exactly the kind of club he is at[/quote]

Hope you're right about us being a yo yo club and not just a one-off yo club.

nev monkey

by nev monkey » 20 Aug 2008 23:55

Royal With Cheese
Baines Jerry Williams was only 16 decent corners off legend status.

He was an Oxford fan though.

We met Adi Williams at Windsor race course on Monday. He not only took the time to chat to us but later on he popped over to see how we were getting on. Thoroughly nice bloke, told us some top stories about Mcghee & just when we were thinking here is a true Reading legend he went & ruined it by telling us that he has now retired & is in charge of Swindon's reserve team..Damn!

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Aug 2008 02:45

If we find a left back, I want Hunt further up the pitch ASAP.......................but he's certainly better back there than the bloke we had last season. What ever happened to him :|

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 21 Aug 2008 21:04

We need him again to create with Marek out. But once he comes back he might be ok to stay in the back.... Not ideal but it keeps the other 3 (harps, kebe?, convey) on the field. I think having them 4 on the field give us the best midfield play we can get (in my mind :wink:) with that said adds more pressure to the other 3 backs having a mid play back

hopefully his high quality of play from last week continues.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Aug 2008 21:09

H-Town Royal We need him again to create with Marek out. But once he comes back he might be ok to stay in the back.... Not ideal but it keeps the other 3 (harps, kebe?, convey) on the field. I think having them 4 on the field give us the best midfield play we can get (in my mind :wink:) with that said adds more pressure to the other 3 backs having a mid play back

Harps, Kebe, Matejovsky and Convey is too weak. Talented, but weak, there isn't a single person good at making a tackle in that midfield. I'd had hopes for it, but after seeing Forest, even against 5 men I'm not very confident about it now.

Hunt in for Convey might just give it enough fight, but really I don't think we can afford to play Harper and Matejovsky together without a 3rd central midfielder who can tackle.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 21 Aug 2008 21:31

Ian Royal
H-Town Royal We need him again to create with Marek out. But once he comes back he might be ok to stay in the back.... Not ideal but it keeps the other 3 (harps, kebe?, convey) on the field. I think having them 4 on the field give us the best midfield play we can get (in my mind :wink:) with that said adds more pressure to the other 3 backs having a mid play back

Harps, Kebe, Matejovsky and Convey is too weak. Talented, but weak, there isn't a single person good at making a tackle in that midfield. I'd had hopes for it, but after seeing Forest, even against 5 men I'm not very confident about it now.

Hunt in for Convey might just give it enough fight, but really I don't think we can afford to play Harper and Matejovsky together without a 3rd central midfielder who can tackle.

that is why you put Bikey out there and let him just start throwing people around.
:D :shock: