Dave Mooney Signs

168 posts
juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

Cork hate us with a passion

by juanpablo » 21 Aug 2008 13:27

http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Dave-Moo ... &start=480

"Some of the comments about Guinness and other little things from Coppell over the years makes him one of my most despised people in this sport and i am following the game for a long time.His total lack of respect for our club/fans has been disgraceful."

seems to all stem from Dolan tapping up Doyle and Long from what i can gather? Anybody know the true story thats caused the hate? I assumed it was because of the cheap cash we paid for Doyle but i wasnt aware there was anything wrong with how we went about it?

sorry im sure its been covered before somewhere

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

Re: Cork hate us with a passion

by Alan Partridge » 21 Aug 2008 13:29

They should be thankful as Reading are the reason they aren't out of business, they should also ALOL @ us for taking on ALOLan Bennett.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2008 13:33

I find myself not caring in the slightest

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Aug 2008 13:36

WTFC?

Really doesn't deserve its own thread.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dave Mooney is Signing

by Z175 » 21 Aug 2008 13:38

Maybe we signed him because Cork are in financial trouble again and accepted another stupidly low bid?
Coppell said recently we were only tracking him.

I can't think that Doyle is going because his form is so terrible, hardly going to get ahead of Agbonlahor is he?!

And Shane Long always looks good off the bench, his pace will be a real asset this year. He's proved his talent to SC already, and hopefulyl can be a big player for Reading form any years. Loaning him would be stupid.

The weak link imho is Lita, who persists in going to ground and turning his defenders at the speed of a slug. Hes a great finisher, but its been a long time since he was facing the right way. At the weekend our attacking partnership looking like it did v Plymouth in 2005. Obviously Lita and Doyle are the two more experienced (relatively), more talented players, but occasionally dropping them and mixing it up off the bench can only help.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Aug 2008 13:42

juanpablo http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Dave-Mooney-joins-Reading-un-t25829.html&st=480&start=480

"Some of the comments about Guinness and other little things from Coppell over the years makes him one of my most despised people in this sport and i am following the game for a long time.His total lack of respect for our club/fans has been disgraceful."

seems to all stem from Dolan tapping up Doyle and Long from what i can gather? Anybody know the true story thats caused the hate? I assumed it was because of the cheap cash we paid for Doyle but i wasnt aware there was anything wrong with how we went about it?

Lol at Cork City for KKKopell!!!

What did he say for them to call him this?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 21 Aug 2008 13:44

Z175 Maybe we signed him because Cork are in financial trouble again and accepted another stupidly low bid?
Coppell said recently we were only tracking him.

I can't think that Doyle is going because his form is so terrible, hardly going to get ahead of Agbonlahor is he?!

And Shane Long always looks good off the bench, his pace will be a real asset this year. He's proved his talent to SC already, and hopefulyl can be a big player for Reading form any years. Loaning him would be stupid.

The weak link imho is Lita, who persists in going to ground and turning his defenders at the speed of a slug. Hes a great finisher, but its been a long time since he was facing the right way. At the weekend our attacking partnership looking like it did v Plymouth in 2005. Obviously Lita and Doyle are the two more experienced (relatively), more talented players, but occasionally dropping them and mixing it up off the bench can only help.

To some extent I agree with you about Lita. Then, thanks to Kwik-Silva (I think) I looked at how many goals he's scored this year and I began to think maybe he did have something.

Sorry, probably doing this in the wrong thread.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 21 Aug 2008 14:03

Archie's penalty
juanpablo http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Dave-Mooney-joins-Reading-un-t25829.html&st=480&start=480

Lol at Cork City for KKKopell!!!

What did he say for them to call him this?

that one in particular was somthing about guiness

they absolutely hate us i was quite shocked

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Aug 2008 14:31

Who cares?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 21 Aug 2008 14:48

Huntley & Palmer Who cares?

sorry

when will John dip his hands in his pockets

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Aug 2008 15:31

We're never going to play them.

Let them stew in squalour.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Aug 2008 16:29

Not Steve Coppell's fault that Cork City allow their best players - and also Alan Bennett - to be cherry picked for a pittance. Perhaps if more of their countrymen followed their local club sides as opposed to hopping on a plan to Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow to watch their football then their national league wouldn’t be considered such a backwater.

The Echo

by The Echo » 21 Aug 2008 17:28

Much of the critism of Coppells recent activity in the transfer market has been merited. However If you look at Coppells activity in the shopping aisles since picking up the reigns at RFC it's clear to see where he's found value and that the market's he knows. In particular those markets where he already has a foot in the camp. Lets look at the successes:

Long, Hunt, Mooney? - Coaching staff link. Could be Eamon Dolans brother.
Sonko - Former club. Probably a recomendation from Downes
Ingimarson, S Hunt, Brooker (could argue he did a job at the time) - Former players.
N Hunt, Good genes - knows the family well.
Glen Little - Former Royal and played for him before.

Coppell as we know is ultra cautious. He makes Neville Chamberlain look like a risktaker. How many times have we heard "we'll go with what we have" or some similar "Coppellism". To an extent Reading in the Premier League rattled Coppells cage. He'd got us to a level where he couldn't go on with his tried and tested methods, at least as far as his shopping habits are concerned. Now you could say he can get back to doing what he does best.

With regard to five strikers, again this is new territory for Coppell and somewhere he's uncomfortable. Will he unload a top earner in Lita or Doyle? I'm not sure on that but I'd suggest he's taken out some significant insurance. Very unlike Coppell who has traditionally been reactive, but positive nonetheless.

To sum up, I trust his judgement in a market he knows. When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last. Coppell has similar sensible insurance. We won't go short up front for now.
Last edited by The Echo on 22 Aug 2008 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 21 Aug 2008 17:30

The Echo When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last. Coppell has similar sensible insurance. We won't go short up front for now.

:lol:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 Aug 2008 17:48

The Echo Much of the critism of Coppells recent activity in the transfer market has been merited. However If you look at Coppells activity in the shopping aisles since picking up the reigns at RFC it's clear to see where he's found value and that the market's he knows. In particular those markets where he already has a foot in the camp. Lets look at the successes:

Ingimarson, S Hunt, Brooker (could argue he did a job at the time) - Former players.

Coppell as we know is ultra cautious. He makes Neville Chamberlain look like a risktaker. How many times have we heard "we'll go with what we have" or some similar "Coppellism". To an extent Reading in the Premier League rattled Coppells cage. He'd got us to a level where he couldn't go on with his tried and tested methods, at least as far as his shopping habits are concerned. Now you could say he can get back to doing what he does best.

With regard to five strikers, again this is new territory for Coppell and somewhere he's uncomfortable. Will he unload a top earner in Lita or Doyle? I'm not sure on that but I'd suggest he's taken out some significant insurance. Very unlike Coppell who has traditionally been reactive but positive nonetheless.

To sum up, I trust his judgement in a market he knows. When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last. Coppell has similar sensible insurance. We won't go short up front for now.

We had five strikers last season until Simon Cox was sold so this is not new territory for Coppell as you suggest.

The Echo

by The Echo » 21 Aug 2008 17:58

PEARCEY
The Echo Much of the critism of Coppells recent activity in the transfer market has been merited. However If you look at Coppells activity in the shopping aisles since picking up the reigns at RFC it's clear to see where he's found value and that the market's he knows. In particular those markets where he already has a foot in the camp. Lets look at the successes:

With regard to five strikers, again this is new territory for Coppell and somewhere he's uncomfortable. Will he unload a top earner in Lita or Doyle? I'm not sure on that but I'd suggest he's taken out some significant insurance. Very unlike Coppell who has traditionally been reactive but positive nonetheless.

We had five strikers last season until Simon Cox was sold so this is not new territory for Coppell as you suggest.

Sure but Cox barely featured in the league. Coppell never had to "keep him happy" to the extent that Alex Mcleish does with his quintet at Brum. Of course Monney will learn his trade here but Coppell has invested in him. He will feature. Cox was never really on the Coppell radar.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 21 Aug 2008 18:01

The Echo When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last.

And the seagulls around the trawler.. You are Eric Cantona AICMFP

yuomi

by yuomi » 21 Aug 2008 19:58

...tis a two way street to be sure, to be sure. joe gamble is ccfc's number 8!

sorry if thats been covered before.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Aug 2008 20:25

Baines
The Echo When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last. Coppell has similar sensible insurance. We won't go short up front for now.

:lol:

Why won't all the eggs make it then? I've never had a problem.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 21 Aug 2008 20:32

turning more and more green...

168 posts