Team for Crystal Palace

215 posts
chandog

Re: Team for Crystal Palace

by chandog » 27 Aug 2008 11:03

silas At the end of the Duberry out for 4 weeks article on OS, Coppell says Armstrong must fight for his place.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same 11 that started at Charlton start at Palace. :x

that would be stupid
if coppell is saying armstrong must earn his place why would he pick the same team that was a shambles against charlton
very few of those players deserve to be starting v palace

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Aug 2008 11:09

chandog
silas At the end of the Duberry out for 4 weeks article on OS, Coppell says Armstrong must fight for his place.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the same 11 that started at Charlton start at Palace. :x

that would be stupid
if coppell is saying armstrong must earn his place why would he pick the same team that was a shambles against charlton

Don't look at it as the side that lost at Charlton but look at it as the side that beat Plymouth. Oh Happy Days!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Aug 2008 11:25

not coppells way to start armstrong on saturday IMO
nor is it his way to start alot of academy lads in the same league game
i reckon he may well go with golbourne/hunt and hunt/convey on the left
rosi and kebe on the right
nhunt up front for doyler
rest will be the same

but id put pearce, karacan, and henry on the bench to come on second half if the performance is more charlton than plymouth

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 27 Aug 2008 11:33

chandog

that would be stupid

He picked more or less the same team that was a shambles for the whole of the second half of last season.

The Echo

by The Echo » 27 Aug 2008 11:43

I'd be very surprised to see SC make wholesale changes to the side on Saturday. If we were to make four or more changes across the pitch what happens if we don't get results? Get the kids out and bring the likes of Rosenior back. Not great for morale.

I think Armstrong will play pushing Hunt further up the pitch. Noel Hunt has impressed whenever given an opportunity as opposed to Lita and Doyle who have dissapointed every opportunity. He may come in for Lita assuming Doyle has not been sold by Saturday.

I would personally like to see one of the Academy boys given a real chance. A run in the team. Pearce probably. Ingirmarson has been overated for quite some time while Sonko's primary job is to defend. He can. He has many attributes but his game consistently features schoolboy errors. He adopts poor positions when defending. He is flat footed, something that his speed over 5 yards tends to cover up and he tends to defend face rather than side on in one on one situations hence the freekicks, pens and bookings.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 27 Aug 2008 11:46

USA

LR
Sonko
Pearce
Armstrong / Hunt

Kebe
Bikey
Karacan
Hunt / Convey

Lita
Hunt. N

Subs - Fed, Ingimarsson, Harper, Doyle, Henry

Not a chance in hell that those 3 will get put on the bench though. :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2008 11:49

SpaceCruiser
Vision Anyone that thinks Coppell is going to jettison half the team off the back of the Charlton game is dreaming I'm afraid.

The same back 4 kept 2 clean sheets before that so he's not going to change it too much on the basis of 1 game and they will get the chance to redeem themselves this week. If the back 4 does stay the same (IE Armstrong dosn't come straight in) then i believe the same midfield 4 will also get one last chance as well.

Only change i can see is Hunt in for Lita or Doyle up front and Armstrong replacing Kelly on the bench.

I think that sounds about right, though I'd like to see Cisse dropped as I don't really rate him very much, he kept giving the ball away with his poor first touch. Karacan should come in for him, he was impressive last night.

Whilst I see where you're coming from, we have a lightweight midfield. Can we afford to get rid of the only remotely heavyweight midfielder and replace him with a midget who can't really tackle? I want Karacan in the team, but for Harper, not Cisse.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Aug 2008 11:50

Hmmmmm, Harper and Karacan worked well together last night.

EDIT: BTW, Cisse may be able to tackle better, but upon having won the ball, he immediately gives it away....

The Echo

by The Echo » 27 Aug 2008 13:57

Judging by SC's comments on the Official Site this afternoon it appears that Armstrong will not walk straight into the team. Perhaps this will then allow SC to make a couple of changes elsewhere on Saturday. N Hunt, Pearce or Karacan.

SC's thinking minght be that Armstrongs place in the team will naturally evolve in the coming weeks while the three mentioned above might require more of a push.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 27 Aug 2008 14:13

It is not usually the Reading way to out a new player straight into the league team so assuming Armstrong does not play I would give Golbourne a chance - he was effective last night.

I would drop Sonko for Pearce as the latter is simply a better defender and will also score goals as he proved last night. Would love to see Karacan and Harper in midfield - really think they could build on last night. If Hunt is not too tired after his exertions last night would give him a go with Doyle:

USA
Golbourne
Pearce
Ingi
Rosenior
Hunt
Kebe
Harper
Karacan
Hunt
Doyle

Subs Fed, Bikey, Convey, Henry, Long or Lita

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 27 Aug 2008 14:29

Hahnemann
Rosenior
Pearce
Ingimarsson
Golbourne
Henry
Karacan
Harper
SHunt
N Hunt
K Doyle

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Aug 2008 14:35

Hahnemann,

Rosenior Bikey Pearce Golborne/Armstrong

Kebe Karacan Harper S. Hunt

Doyle N. Hunt

Subs:

Federici
Ingi
Lita
Convey
Golborne/Armstrong.

The Echo

by The Echo » 27 Aug 2008 14:38

cmonurz Hahnemann
Rosenior
Pearce
Ingimarsson
Golbourne
Henry
Karacan
Harper
SHunt
N Hunt
K Doyle

As I said, in all honesty it would be rather foolish to change over half the team after one defeat this season. Coppell will make no more than one or hopefully two changes to the line up and formation we saw on Saurday. As I said N Hunt will be one. The other is open for debate.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 27 Aug 2008 14:45

Agree with above. I would like to see N. Hunt come in for Leroy Lita, I know Kevin Doyle doesnt look like scoring atm, however, I still think he offers more than what Leroy Lita is. IMHO I dont think Armstrong will start this week which is a shame, because Last night i realised how much we missed S. Hunt yesterday. :D

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Aug 2008 15:45

The Echo
cmonurz Hahnemann
Rosenior
Pearce
Ingimarsson
Golbourne
Henry
Karacan
Harper
SHunt
N Hunt
K Doyle

As I said, in all honesty it would be rather foolish to change over half the team after one defeat this season. Coppell will make no more than one or hopefully two changes to the line up and formation we saw on Saurday. As I said N Hunt will be one. The other is open for debate.

But thta's not over half the team, it's 5 changes.

The Echo

by The Echo » 27 Aug 2008 15:49

SCIAG
The Echo
cmonurz Hahnemann
Rosenior
Pearce
Ingimarsson
Golbourne
Henry
Karacan
Harper
SHunt
N Hunt
K Doyle

But thta's not over half the team, it's 5 changes.

I included the positional change of S Hunt.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 27 Aug 2008 16:22

andrew1957 It is not usually the Reading way to out a new player straight into the league team

Matejovsky? Apologies if wrong. But I think after Hunt's performance at left-wing last night, Armstrong'll be straight in.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Aug 2008 16:28

chilipepper91
andrew1957 It is not usually the Reading way to out a new player straight into the league team

Matejovsky? Apologies if wrong. But I think after Hunt's performance at left-wing last night, Armstrong'll be straight in.

'greed

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 27 Aug 2008 16:44

andrew1957 It is not usually the Reading way to out a new player straight into the league team so assuming Armstrong does not play I would give Golbourne a chance - he was effective last night.

I would drop Sonko for Pearce as the latter is simply a better defender and will also score goals as he proved last night. Would love to see Karacan and Harper in midfield - really think they could build on last night. If Hunt is not too tired after his exertions last night would give him a go with Doyle:

USA
Golbourne
Pearce
Ingi
Rosenior
Hunt
Kebe
Harper
Karacan
Hunt
Doyle

:shock: You are kidding, right?
You do know who our top scorer is?
Give you a clue - he's also joint first top scorer in the CCC.
Still, i'd have Bikey and Pearce defending over Sonko and Ingi.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 27 Aug 2008 17:24

SteveRoyal
andrew1957 It is not usually the Reading way to out a new player straight into the league team so assuming Armstrong does not play I would give Golbourne a chance - he was effective last night.

USA
Golbourne
Pearce
Ingi
Rosenior
Hunt
Kebe
Harper
Karacan
Hunt
Doyle

:shock: You are kidding, right?
You do know who our top scorer is?
Give you a clue - he's also joint first top scorer in the CCC.
Still, i'd have Bikey and Pearce defending over Sonko and Ingi.

If you could guarantee that Sonko would score every week he may be worth a place but he gives away a penalty approximately every third game and so is too prone to errors.

My point was that Pearce can ALSO score goals as well.

Pearce >>> Sonko as a defender.

Perhaps we should play Sonko up front after 3 in 3. :lol:

215 posts