Fans forum

216 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Fans forum

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 14:59

Royal Lady I don't mean teaching them the error of their ways, just trying to explain why we feel the way we do at the moment. Of course, if the club actually came out and told us their objectives, we wouldn't have to speculate on them. We might not like them, but at least we'd know where we all stood, as it were.

it just seems pointless though doesnt it?

one half say-mr mad is ruining our club, robbing us blind, feeding his own bank balance and his ego-nay, even stealing our money from his club.coppell is clueless, his signings are shit, his transfer policy is shit, his tactics are shit, his team selection is all wrong,our scouts are shit, there is very little positive to say about the club
(its ok, we get it now, can we jsut stop, orcan we somehow get the mods to delete all repeated argument thats posted on here)

the other half, simply point out the facts in a totally rational, and calm manner,pointing out the FACTSsssssssssss, and putting you right in your deluding believings
mr mad is running us the right way, its his money, the money has gone into the club in terms of raised wages, and new players, coppell has mad mistakes, but we are happy to see hi8m put them right, i like the way teh new team could be shaping up, i reckon hell pick a team that most on here from either side will agree with on saturday and win the game.ther is much that is positive about our club

neither will listen to the other side, neither is willing to modify its argument in the face of FACTS from either side, and neither sides constant bickering will have one jot of influence on what happens at our club or on the pitch.

i give in

this is gay.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 29 Aug 2008 15:30

This thread now = boring

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2008 15:51

SCIAG
Royalee
Yes, I'm sure it would make a difference - after all, we were able to pay the likes of Hunt £25k a week when we were in the Premiership - an attractive offer for many players, probably with more talent than him. The wage structure can't be that bad if people are leaving other Championship clubs to join us can it?

If third choice left backs are leaving their clubs to be first choice for us, the wage is pretty irrlevant...

Harry Redknapp didn't seem to think so with his comments last week.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Aug 2008 15:56

Thaumagurist* This thread now = boring

Don't read it then, I am sure there is a riveting topic such as 'what do you call your remote control?' on AE that's far more exciting.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 29 Aug 2008 16:02

Alan Partridge
Thaumagurist* This thread now = boring

Don't read it then, I am sure there is a riveting topic such as 'what do you call your remote control?' on AE that's far more exciting.

I call my remote control 'Number 13'.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 16:13

the megatron

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2008 16:15

Royal Lady I don't mean teaching them the error of their ways, just trying to explain why we feel the way we do at the moment. Of course, if the club actually came out and told us their objectives, we wouldn't have to speculate on them. We might not like them, but at least we'd know where we all stood, as it were.

You wouldn't believe them anyway.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 17:00

brendywendy

one half say-mr mad is ruining our club, robbing us blind, feeding his own bank balance and his ego-nay, even stealing our money from his club.coppell is clueless, his signings are shit, his transfer policy is shit, his tactics are shit, his team selection is all wrong,our scouts are shit, there is very little positive to say about the club
(its ok, we get it now, can we jsut stop, orcan we somehow get the mods to delete all repeated argument thats posted on here)

the other half, simply point out the facts in a totally rational, and calm manner,pointing out the FACTSsssssssssss, and putting you right in your deluding believings
mr mad is running us the right way, its his money, the money has gone into the club in terms of raised wages, and new players, coppell has mad mistakes, but we are happy to see hi8m put them right, i like the way teh new team could be shaping up, i reckon hell pick a team that most on here from either side will agree with on saturday and win the game.ther is much that is positive about our club

neither will listen to the other side, neither is willing to modify its argument in the face of FACTS from either side, and neither sides constant bickering will have one jot of influence on what happens at our club or on the pitch.

i give in

this is gay.

Effing hell, what a well balanced view point that is!!! It must have taken the Ego of Madejski to slate everyone who doesn't agree with your view and then come out with this: 'the other half, simply point out the facts in a totally rational, and calm manner,pointing out the FACTSsssssssssss, and putting you right in your deluding believings'.

Hopefully I do you a major disservice (in the absence of a smilie) and that latter point was made with your tongue super-glued in your cheek!

Anyway, ignoring every other view on how Madjeski is running the club, surely even the most severely myopic wouldn't deny that he is feeding his Ego? I've lost count of the number of times I have been told 'Your Chairman must really love himself' by people who have nothing to do with RFC and only a passing interest (if that) in football.

Ian Royal

You wouldn't believe them anyway.

That tends to be the outcome when people have been economical with the truth in the past.

Wycombe Royal
Royal Lady
BR2 Not necessarily just down to the manager.
Having seen the exodus of 1995 I thought that with Sky money guaranteed for 2 years and so little spent last season I would have thought from the chairman downwards the club would have been saying to players "Give it till January and see how we are going and if you still feel that we won't be going back up we won't stand in your way".
Instead of that it has been something like "We are going to make drastic cuts all around the club so if any of you want to go then please do so 'cos incoming revenue is all that we care about and we don't hold out much hope for promotion and don't intend to bring in anybody else unless we have to".
Has the club sold itself hard enough to the existing players?
Has it f***.
Absolutely spot on.

To be honest I'm not too bothered. If the players don't want to be here then we should not be breaking our backs in trying to keep them. Most players look at the short term and if an offer comes in now they are going to take it because they know that if things don't go well that offer may not come in again.

So you can blame the club all you like, but in reality there isn't much they can do about it. These players that are leaving aren't ones that have only been here for 1 or 2 seasons, they have been here for quite a while, and just like you or I in our jobs after a while you just feel the need for a change, a new challenge. Why should footballers be any different?

As you want to compare football with you and I in our jobs, I can assure you that good managers/companies frequently succeed in encouraging good people to stay with them, even if they have said that they feel like a change.

In contrast all the statements and signals coming out of RFC over the summer have been of a nature likely to increase a player's desire for a change. Just what real ambition to succeed and make an immediate return to the PL have RFC demonstrated?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 29 Aug 2008 17:07, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Aug 2008 17:04

I would like to believe them, but it's probably too late now. Mind you, at least they'd actually be saying something, which is more than they are at the moment. But thanks for knowing what I'd do, more than I do myself, Ian Royal. :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 17:11

RoyalBlue
brendywendy

i give in

this is gay.

Effing hell, what a well balanced view point that is!!! It must have taken the Ego of Madejski to slate everyone who doesn't agree with your view and then come out with this: 'the other half, simply point out the facts in a totally rational, and calm manner,pointing out the FACTSsssssssssss, and putting you right in your deluding believings'.

Hopefully I do you a major disservice (in the absence of a smilie) and that latter point was made with your tongue super-glued in your cheek!

Anyway, ignoring every other view on how Madjeski is running the club, surely even the most severely myopic wouldn't deny that he is feeding his Ego? I've lost count of the number of times I have been told 'Your Chairman must really love himself' by people who have nothing to do with RFC and only a passing interest (if that) in football.

LOL/whoosh

yes mate.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 17:12

and if he chooses to spend his money on a business to feed his ego then fine

im not sure how he gains from it though
in any measurable way

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 Aug 2008 17:16

floyd__streete My source at tonights forum informs me of the following revelations which came direct from SC himself:

- We were offered Kevin Phillips.
- We were interested in Ben Watson but Palace refused to do business with us.
- Coppell effectively offered his resignation in February.
- Expect a player to leave over the next day or two.

My source suspects that Lita might be the one to go because when asked about his front two for Saturday Coppell said that it would likely be Long and Doyle. Nick(y) Hammond was not at the forum because he was finalising the aforementioned departure.

I'm at a loss with all of this. One minute there is no apparent interest in our players.. the next we can expect more to leave.
Re Ben Watson...I'm sure Palace would have been interested at the right price which presumably would have ended any possible deal.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 29 Aug 2008 17:31

re "Lies"

We don't really want the club to tell us everything, and be truthful do we?

Wouldn't we just rather they told us nothing and stuff either worked out or it didn't?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 17:31

brendywendy and if he chooses to spend his money on a business to feed his ego then fine

in any measurable way

But then I imagine, like most, your ego has a far, far, smaller appetite.

If you crave public adulation, the company of stars etc. in a big way, then you do gain, and I guess it could be measured by the number of times your name is mentioned in the media, the number of people applauding you and the quality of the stars sat next to you!

Yeh, fine, spend your money on a business to feed your ego but don't then dress it up as an act of charity, service to the community that's given you so much etc.etc.

Baines re "Lies"

Wouldn't we just rather they told us nothing and stuff either worked out or it didn't?

That would probably be preferable to positive spin that repeatedly turns to ashes in front of our eyes!

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 17:34

brendywendy

i give in

this is gay.

This is spot on.

Its the most infuriating argument ever. Neither side is prepared to budge at all. But I am going to carry it on anyway because I just cant read some of the stupid, stupid things on this thread and not make some sort of comment.

I am on the side where everything at RFC is rosey and of the opinion that people should shut up and stop being so negative towards Reading without any real base for their argument. So many Reading fans are so stupid and so ignorant of the blatent facts.
I know people will throw a load of abuse at me for this but I'll get over it.

Coppell was our manager when we got 106 points in the Championship, he was also our manager when we finished within touching distance of a Uefa Cup spot and yes he was also our manager when we got relegated from the Premiership on goal difference, which would have probably been acceptable the season before. Give the man some bloody credit and try keep the faith a little longer. The fact he is being abused for potentially starting with Long and Doyle in a match that hasn't even happened yes it utterly ridiculous and not at all helpful as it only helps to create a negative vibe around the club. Maybe if at Xmas things aren't looking up then you would probably be justified in being negative towards him, but not now.

We have had 3 wins, 1, draw, 1 loss this season, it could have started a lot worse. People should stop panicing and be slightly more logical about things. We have even managed to spend a bit of money and buy some players, I know we haven't had the multi million pound signing most idiots have been craving and stupidly expecting (we play in the Championship now guys) but at least it should reassure some of you that some money hasn't made it to funding a new JM statue somewhere.

Boyband

by Boyband » 29 Aug 2008 17:39

floyd__streete My source suspects that Lita might be the one to go because when asked about his front two for Saturday Coppell said that it would likely be Long and Doyle.

I shall not go to the game tomorrow if it is confirmed that Shane Long is starting. However, I am pretty confident he is not and I'm quite confident to name tomorrow's line up.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 17:41

RoyalBlue
brendywendy and if he chooses to spend his money on a business to feed his ego then fine

in any measurable way

If you crave public adulation, the company of stars etc. in a big way, then you do gain, and I guess it could be measured by the number of times your name is mentioned in the media, the number of people applauding you and the quality of the stars sat next to you!

Yeh, fine, spend your money on a business to feed your ego but don't then dress it up as an act of charity, service to the community that's given you so much etc.etc.

Baines re "Lies"

That would probably be preferable to positive spin that repeatedly turns to ashes in front of our eyes!

once

not repeatedly

and again

madejski been nothing but honest about expecting loans to be repayed etc
dunno where you are getting the charity bit from
not from him thats fur sure

PLASTIC PIG

by PLASTIC PIG » 29 Aug 2008 17:44

brendywendy

i give in

this is gay.

I know why don't we all give up & have the whole site shut down

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2008 18:07

brendywendy
RoyalBlue

in any measurable way

Baines re "Lies"

once

not repeatedly

and again

Come off it, do you not recall the times he repeatedly appeared on BBCRB bleating about all the money he was having to put in to keep the club going with little or no prospect of getting it back?!! :shock: He used to say that the very least the Reading public could do in return was come along and support their team.

If that didn't strongly imply charitable/philanthropic motives then I don't knwo what does. Actually I do, I believe he was also on record on more than one occasion as saying he wanted to put something back into the local community and his support of RFC was one way of doing that. Few, I suspect, took this to mean that he was putting back into the community in a similar way to how Barclays do when they lend money to local businesses/people!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Aug 2008 18:10

RoyalBlue
brendywendy
once

not repeatedly

and again

Come off it, do you not recall the times he repeatedly appeared on BBCRB bleating about all the money he was having to put in to keep the club going with little or no prospect of getting it back?!! :shock: He used to say that the very least the Reading public could do in return was come along and support their team.

If that didn't strongly imply charitable/philanthropic motives then I don't knwo what does. Actually I do, I believe he was also on record on more than one occasion as saying he wanted to put something back into the local community and his support of RFC was one way of doing that. Few, I suspect, took this to mean that he was putting back into the community in a similar way to how Barclays do when they lend money to local businesses/people!

LOL wasnt that when he was pumping lots of his money in, with no guarantee of getting it back?

and if you cant see that his management has taken us from shitsville to success and solvency road
there is little point in trying to reason with you

enjoy your indignation

216 posts