£23 million In ... £1.4 million Spent

252 posts
Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: £23 million In ... £1.4 million Spent

by Tamworth_Royal » 29 Aug 2008 18:43

Dick Habbin's hairdo Sadly, I think it is time for the Mad Man to move on.

The fear I have is who the feck would takeover. Don't want some dodgy Septic couple or an even dodgier Thai (allegedly).

And Jennings the Butchers won't - ummm - cut the mustard, either.

Need a brand like Virgin, or Orange or Porsche or Vodafone - but that sin't going to happen, either.

At the moment we're about as desirable as an Austin Maestro.

Oh, sorry, we're a solid business...

Sadly I can't see us ever selling because Madejski will claim all assests belong to him i.e Hotel, training ground etc etc etc etc So what's their to buy and who would personaly profit from the sale?..... never the club

boyal royal

by boyal royal » 29 Aug 2008 18:53

I'm a constant reader on here don't post a lot but enough is enough. All I want from the club is a little bit of transparency, I don't want to know what individuals earn or do with there money (namely players) but please tell us where the money has gone. Reading on here they have earned anywhere between £30-£70 million over 2 and a half years. If the chairmans binned it, fair enough but have the common courtesy to tell us, he's outlaid enough, (so have I 25 years of watching), personally I believe the hotel extension has benefitted from prem money, and how much would the consultation have cost for the ground expansion? Bottom line the chairmans had enough ( no shit sherlock!!) but he also overvalues the club as well from a selling perspective I'd imagine he'd want £70-£100 million, Cloud Cookoo land, £30-£40 million in my unproffesional opinion. Rant over win tomorrow and we'll all forget about it!!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 29 Aug 2008 19:08

Tamworth_Royal
brendywendy
Kes In the words of JM - Reading lost £22million by getting relegated. How can you lose what you didn't have in the first place?

income and outgoings on a yearly basis, make the foundation of any financial review and planning
you base it on what you had coming in, and going out last year
if that income suddenly reduces by 22 million, you need to balance your outgoings accordingly.
:roll:

So why have we been fed lies from the club regarding having to sell before we can buy.
When the feck will you wake up and smell the roses........ that's if the chairman hasn't sold them as well.
We sold a forward, a left back, and now a CB; we've bought two forwards and a left back. Where's the lies?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 29 Aug 2008 19:09

Sir Dodger Royal
Stoke have spent £13 pre season which is more than we have spent in the last FIVE years.

SDR

Clear evidence that SDR doesn't know what he's talking about. :wink:

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 19:13

A few posts have just summed up the idiocy Reading Football Club has to put with from its supporters.

"Sadly I can't see us ever selling because Madejski will claim all assests belong to him i.e Hotel, training ground etc etc etc etc So what's their to buy and who would personaly profit from the sale?..... never the club" What are you basing this from, except your own personal opinion? That just makes zero sense, yet you still state it as if fact.

You IMAGINE he would want 70-100 million!? Yeaah that is completely fair? Make a critical statement on JM based on what you imagine he would want?! How do you know that? And I love how you throw your own self-confessed unprofessional opinion of the clubs valuation. That really adds zero weight to your argument, unless of course you have experience in the field capital aquisition, in which case I apologise.

People should stop basing their negative thoughts on RFC soley on their own personal assumptions and hunches.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 19:18

Tamworth_Royal
brendywendy
Kes In the words of JM - Reading lost £22million by getting relegated. How can you lose what you didn't have in the first place?

income and outgoings on a yearly basis, make the foundation of any financial review and planning
you base it on what you had coming in, and going out last year
if that income suddenly reduces by 22 million, you need to balance your outgoings accordingly.

So why have we been fed lies from the club regarding having to sell before we can buy.
When the feck will you wake up and smell the roses........ that's if the chairman hasn't sold them as well.

Again Tamworth that makes zero sense!? Where is the lie in "we have to sell before we can buy". Surely that is blatently going to be true considering we just got relegated with Premiership wages and now face only Championship income levels. Did you see us buying anyone before we sold someone? No. Therefore it wasn't a lie. Your weird.

maf82

by maf82 » 29 Aug 2008 19:30

where has all the money gone?madejski out!.hammond out,howe out

boyal royal

by boyal royal » 29 Aug 2008 19:31

voice of reason A few posts have just summed up the idiocy Reading Football Club has to put with from its supporters.

"Sadly I can't see us ever selling because Madejski will claim all assests belong to him i.e Hotel, training ground etc etc etc etc So what's their to buy and who would personaly profit from the sale?..... never the club" What are you basing this from, except your own personal opinion? That just makes zero sense, yet you still state it as if fact.

You IMAGINE he would want 70-100 million!? Yeaah that is completely fair? Make a critical statement on JM based on what you imagine he would want?! How do you know that? And I love how you throw your own self-confessed unprofessional opinion of the clubs valuation. That really adds zero weight to your argument, unless of course you have experience in the field capital aquisition, in which case I apologise.

People should stop basing their negative thoughts on RFC soley on their own personal assumptions and hunches.

It's just my own personal opinion which I am I entitled too no facts how I see it that's all! We're all RFC fans at the end of the day

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Aug 2008 19:34

more is spent on the facilities regarding the club such as hotel, megastore, etc whereas it should be going in to the squad and improving it

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Aug 2008 19:44

Streets
voice of reason This is mental.

I thought all the issues regarding why we arent spending/why isn't John Madejski selling the club were resolved soon after his BBC Berks interview post Plymouth match.

A few points for those that missed that particular thread or are just well . . stupid? and are posting the same irrelevant remarks again.

JM has always said he does not want to simply bankroll the club he wants to make it self sufficient so it could survive without a wealthy financier. He has also said should someone who is prepared to provide substantial financial backing from their own pocket for the manager want to buy the club they are welcome to. Unfortunately these multi billionaire football fans are few and far between and we are hardly the most attractive club to buy anyway. So stop making remarks like "its time for JM to sell up" you are just embarrasing yourself.

Why aren't we spending all the money we are generating from selling our players? Two pretty obvious reasons. Firstly some of the money is going to be required to help balance the books and pay for the wages that are no longer being paid for by vast sums of tv money and full houses every week.

Secondly, be a bit bloody realistic here. If someone is going to cost anything more than a million quid it would be reasonable to think they are going to be pretty damn good at football and therefore will surely choose to play in the Premiership rather than at Reading (remember we are in the Championship now). Believe it or not there aren't hordes of players, better than the players already playing at the club, that are dying to play for a club in the Championship.

All these people that are looking for a big money transfer need to wake up and smell the roses, they rarely happen in the Championship and when they do they don't always guarentee promotion, more often than not they condem the club to future financial turmoil. On top of that the club have strengthened with Armstrong, Hunt and Mooney and just because they didn't cost lots of money and aren't established Premiership players doesn't mean they won't be what we need to get us out of this division.

I lost interest at "Madejski wants this club to be self sufficient".

It's a load of cock!

Unless you are a top four club, you will not be able to profit AND provide a manager with sufficient funds to build a successful team. We would be back in League 1 in no time at all.

Madejski is taking us backwards. Why? We don't know but we are going backwards and there seems very little effort on his part to take us forwards once again.

Chelsea are a top four club and have not made a profit for more than a decade. Without the 'gifts' from Abramovich they would be bankrupt.
Arsenal are a top four club and their interest payments more than wipe out any profit they make in a year.
Liverpool are a top four club and have made a loss in 4 successive years. Without the Kuyt goal this week they may have been in some serious financial difficulty.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 19:47

loyalroyal4life more is spent on the facilities regarding the club such as hotel, megastore, etc whereas it should be going in to the squad and improving it

On who exactly? One of these outstanding players, dying to join Reading not bothered by the lure of Premiership Football that are just flooding the market at the moment? The amount it probably cost to expand the megastore wouldn't buy Kevin Doyle's little finger.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Aug 2008 19:49

voice of reason
loyalroyal4life more is spent on the facilities regarding the club such as hotel, megastore, etc whereas it should be going in to the squad and improving it

On who exactly? One of these outstanding players, dying to join Reading not bothered by the lure of Premiership Football that are just flooding the market at the moment? The amount it probably cost to expand the megastore wouldn't buy Kevin Doyle's little finger.

Is that the finger that Doyler needs to pull out in order for us to see him score again ?

rfc58

by rfc58 » 29 Aug 2008 19:51

voice of reason

OK, I agree the amount of players looking to join likkle ol' RFC in the CCC is probably small, but the same bollocks was spouted by the management after we finished 8th !

Are we saying clubs like Hull/Stoke and WBA can attract proven PL players but we can't ??

If so, WHY ???

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 19:52

Franchise FC
voice of reason

Is that the finger that Doyler needs to pull out in order for us to see him score again ?

Lol no mate, that particular finger is priceless.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 29 Aug 2008 20:02

rfc58
voice of reason

OK, I agree the amount of players looking to join likkle ol' RFC in the CCC is probably small, but the same bollocks was spouted by the management after we finished 8th !

Are we saying clubs like Hull/Stoke and WBA can attract proven PL players but we can't ??

If so, WHY ???

Have you looked at their teams before you just said that? Calling players like Marlon King, Kitson and Sonko established PL players is hardly accurate. Except for Scott "calamity" Carson WBA haven't added any established PL players. Stoke have also payed well over the odds for those two players and it won't guarentee their survival, something that they could regret next season. After our first season in the PL who exactly would you have looked to replace? Who hadn't performed to PL standard? We tried to buy Scott Brown and Jolean Lescott, both with bids over 4million. They didn't come to us because we are a small club. Its a fact we just have to live with. We don't not buy people because of a lack of ambition, when a player comes around that wants to join for a fee that reflects their ability, who is better than what we already have, then we buy them. Deal with it. Do you want me to list all the Players RFC have bought in the last three years or can you remember that far back?

fruits

by fruits » 29 Aug 2008 20:17

Kes but shirley - Kitson goes for £5.5m bring in a striker worth about £3m, pocket £2.5m

you get what you pay for - Kitson gone, N Hunt in for £500k. :shock: pocket £5m

N HUNT WILL SCORE AS MANY GOALS AS KITSON WOULD HAVE DONE . SO VERY GOOD BUSINESS.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Aug 2008 20:21

Franchise FC
Streets I lost interest at "Madejski wants this club to be self sufficient".

It's a load of cock!

Unless you are a top four club, you will not be able to profit AND provide a manager with sufficient funds to build a successful team. We would be back in League 1 in no time at all.

Madejski is taking us backwards. Why? We don't know but we are going backwards and there seems very little effort on his part to take us forwards once again.

Chelsea are a top four club and have not made a profit for more than a decade. Without the 'gifts' from Abramovich they would be bankrupt.
Arsenal are a top four club and their interest payments more than wipe out any profit they make in a year.
Liverpool are a top four club and have made a loss in 4 successive years. Without the Kuyt goal this week they may have been in some serious financial difficulty.

That's without mentioning United, who have the biggest financial difficulties of them all...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2008 20:44

Thaumagurist*
voice of reason some good stuff

Hurrah! Well written, it's about time somebody said this, I hope people will have the patience to read your post and realise the truth rather than be "I want it all now!!!!!!! Now!!!!"

If you were abvle to read my posts without interrupting the brain power required thinking up another crap insult you would have seen that I've been posting pretty much the same thing for several months - (as have a number of others of course).

Nonetheless, good to see someone else with a modicum of acumen operating in the real world.

Wealdstone at home

by Wealdstone at home » 29 Aug 2008 21:11

fruits
Kes but shirley - Kitson goes for £5.5m bring in a striker worth about £3m, pocket £2.5m

you get what you pay for - Kitson gone, N Hunt in for £500k. :shock: pocket £5m

N HUNT WILL SCORE AS MANY GOALS AS KITSON WOULD HAVE DONE . SO VERY GOOD BUSINESS.

Absolutely spot on - some football logic and perpective at last - and an interesting financial result too.

I'd be more worried if we'd bought someone for 5.5m and sold someone for 500k - then we'd be in big trouble - SC, JM et al will keep the Club financially strong and build a new team - I genuinely think that some people who post on here are mad.

We are a small club who buys small develops and sells big.

Lots do this but where we've been special and will continue to be (if our management team can deal with the mindless b-----ks) is that we have been and will continue to be successful whilst doing it.

A lttle metaphor;

There is his skilful little fruit grower named SC who has a keen eye for orange tree seeds - he seems to be able to buy seeds with amazing quality - seeds that other bigger more arrogant fruit growers seem to miss.

Not only that when he plants them, SC seems to be able to nurture the seeds and continues to do so as the seeds turn into young trees.

And when they blossom he enjoys the 'fruits' of his labour.

But just when the trees are showing signs of wear and tear and may not continue to create the same harvest - he sells them for large sums of cash.

Then he uses the profits to find the next group of seeds......

Meanwhile the bigger, more arrogant farmers have spent all their money on fruit trees which will produce fruit that will only decline in quality.......

Change is painful and I think that many posters on this site are finding it difficult to accept... that's all

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 29 Aug 2008 21:18

i think next time he comes on the pitch looking to get a standing ovation, we should all stand up and turn our backs. :evil: :lol:

252 posts