Madejski being booed yesterday

330 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by West Stand Man » 31 Aug 2008 12:43

I am amazed that there was any booing, not because it wasn't to be expected with all the unnecessary negativity on here but because I couldn't hear any where I was. I would be surprised if JM heard much either, as he was listening from the West side too. There may have been big pockets of booing in parts of the stadium, but glancing around all I could see was a heady mix of clapping and ambivalence.

I have no doubt that there was some booing, but those who were didn't have much impact in the big picture.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Aug 2008 12:44

Royal With Cheese
Sarah Star I can't help applauding Mr Mad when he comes out before the match because I feel it's a way of showing support for the entire team. Whether money is going to be spent on the team or not seems a bit irrelevant at that moment.

And that's one of the reasons women shouldn't be allowed to go to football...............

:lol:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2008 12:45

West Stand Man I am amazed that there was any booing, not because it wasn't to be expected with all the unnecessary negativity on here but because I couldn't hear any where I was. I would be surprised if JM heard much either, as he was listening from the West side too. There may have been big pockets of booing in parts of the stadium, but glancing around all I could see was a heady mix of clapping and ambivalence.

I have no doubt that there was some booing, but those who were didn't have much impact in the big picture.

I didn't hear any either.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 12:45

kwik-silva
Royal With Cheese
Sarah Star I can't help applauding Mr Mad when he comes out before the match because I feel it's a way of showing support for the entire team. Whether money is going to be spent on the team or not seems a bit irrelevant at that moment.

And that's one of the reasons women shouldn't be allowed to go to football...............

:lol:

Cheap shot - I know but I don't understand that statement. Just like I don't understand women.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 31 Aug 2008 12:47

Neither do I!

I did hear the booing, but I don't think its gonna catch on...

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2008 12:47

Maybe that's why more women should go to football?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 12:47

Sarah Star
West Stand Man I am amazed that there was any booing, not because it wasn't to be expected with all the unnecessary negativity on here but because I couldn't hear any where I was. I would be surprised if JM heard much either, as he was listening from the West side too. There may have been big pockets of booing in parts of the stadium, but glancing around all I could see was a heady mix of clapping and ambivalence.

I didn't hear any either.

Quite audible on BBCRB.

I know now my cover is blown as I listened on the internet and I, obviously, no longer am allowed to comment on anything RFC related. I bid you all farewell..........

georgerob

by georgerob » 31 Aug 2008 12:48

all madejski cares about is getting as much money as possible for himself so when he sells the club he can rub his hands in glee for the money he has gained. Thats why he is hardly investing in the squad and paying as little wages as possible so he comes out of his time with reading having gained a lot of money. Coming out with the comments he said about salaries the other week aswell he deserves to get booed, i just think he's lost the plot :)

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 12:48

Sarah Star Maybe that's why more women should go to football?

No?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 31 Aug 2008 12:49

Royal With Cheese

No?

Was that the right thing to say? I never know with women.......

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2008 12:50

Watch it Cheesey. :evil:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 31 Aug 2008 12:51

I was outside eating a grot burger. Heard booing but presumed Oster was warming up.
I do not understand you fickle lot. Madejski has alweays been open about trying to sell, and has always informed us that he will only sell to someone who fits all his criteria. When he leaves this club - he should be commended for leaving a club that has minimal (if any) debt. It will be left with a greater support base no matter how stupid comments about plastic support, the clubs profile is raised, the infrastructure is in place to expand if ever this is to materialise.

Stability or freefall. Come on. :roll:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 31 Aug 2008 12:51

Royal With Cheese
Royal With Cheese

No?

Was that the right thing to say? I never know with women.......

I don't know. I didn't understand it. :|

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 31 Aug 2008 12:52

PEARCEY Re the other posts on here about Shorey.. Yes West Ham and Reading had agreed terms(according to Curbishley anyway) but the deal was subject to our finding a replacement left back...as this didn't happen the deal fell through.

That's not quite how it actually happened.

In January, an offer came in from West Ham which was £4 million – but the same week Everton bought Leighton Baines (an uncapped defender) for £6 million. Nicky Shorey & Steve Coppell agreed it was unrealistic to accept that low an offer as it was below the market value. And there wasn't any interest after that until this summer.

If Curbishley and NS had actually agreed terms they must have done it unofficially and through agents - and an ethical, reputable club like West Ham would surely never do transfer dealings in such an underhand way, would they?

The way our transfer policy works now is that there is a valuation set for every player who has said they want to go, and if a club bids that value then the offer is put to the player and they decide whether to talk to the bidding club.

Trev

by Trev » 31 Aug 2008 12:54

SACK THE BOARD!

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Aug 2008 12:55

The suporters don't want out, they are still investing in the club season in and season out and rightly feel insulted by being asked by Madejski to up their game.

As supporters we aren't investors, just mugs that pay our money season in season out in the belief that the current players have any loyalty to the club or us...........

John Madejski is an investor that he is running he club within proper financial constraints. All the players that have left , ie Shorey, Sonko, Kitson, Sidwell went for bigger pay packets not for winning something in their careers.

John Madejski legacy is that we all seen Reading at the top level something that 10 years ago I would have sadid would never happen.

Just look at Leeds now. One point off Champions League and now in League 1. Their "investors" will pay for the mistakes of the past for a long time yet.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 31 Aug 2008 12:56

Dirk Gently
PEARCEY Re the other posts on here about Shorey.. Yes West Ham and Reading had agreed terms(according to Curbishley anyway) but the deal was subject to our finding a replacement left back...as this didn't happen the deal fell through.

That's not quite how it actually happened.

In January, an offer came in from West Ham which was £4 million – but the same week Everton bought Leighton Baines (an uncapped defender) for £6 million. Nicky Shorey & Steve Coppell agreed it was unrealistic to accept that low an offer as it was below the market value. And there wasn't any interest after that until this summer.

If Curbishley and NS had actually agreed terms they must have done it unofficially and through agents - and an ethical, reputable club like West Ham would surely never do transfer dealings in such an underhand way, would they?

The way our transfer policy works now is that there is a valuation set for every player who has said they want to go, and if a club bids that value then the offer is put to the player and they decide whether to talk to the bidding club.

Fair enough Dirk but I can only revert back to a conversation Curbishley had with someone I trust implicitly..thats all I can say.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2008 12:56

They had enough impact for it to be reported on sportinglife.com!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2008 12:57

I'd say supporters ARE investors, in as much as the lower the support, the lower the lack of spending on merchandise etc, the less funds available to the club to buy players/pay wages/make refurbishments.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 31 Aug 2008 13:00

I can't comprehend why a day after we beat a Neil Warnock team 4-2 and after a week in which we scored nine goals and featured several members of our long awaited academy, anyone's first instinct this morning should be to start yet another negative thread making exactly the same points as were made ad nauseam yesterday, last week and all summer long. Turn it off and get behind a winning team.

330 posts