330 posts
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Madejski being booed yesterday

by papereyes » 31 Aug 2008 14:28

voice of reason
papereyes
One thing I will admit is that his pitch side appearances aren't really helping anything only fuelling peoples anger.

was perhaps the only part of your post worth typing.
HTH

I could say the same about your original post without quoting anything . .

Why? You just agreed with the central point ...

Maybe so, but I can understand why some people would have done so.

Me too

I mean, get carried away in a rather amusingly self-righteous manner but you will either get insulted or mocked for it.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:29

Royal With Cheese
voice of reason Again you are basing your criticisms on ASSUMPTIONS. Regardless of whether he has an over inflated ego or not, in reference to your original point, you are suggesting that because he has an ego, and likes to be applauded in the stadium he paid for by the fans he encouraged to start supporting the club he deserves to be booed for that? God I would hate to see what you would do if someone really did something bad to you!!

That's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it. Just for the record JM never encouraged me to support the club. I was here way before him and, in all probability, will be cheering on the team long after he's dissappeared with his knighthood and all the money he's told everyone he's put into RFC.

BTW: I'm happy to conceed JM ambled, walked, stumbled, paced, sprinted, bounced or any other way you would like to describe it. I didn't realise that word would cause you so much offence. As already documented I wasn't at the game yesterday but am really basing my comments on BBCRB coverage.

Wasn't so much the word that caused me offence, more the fact you used the word knowing it would have connotations with those that read it despite the fact you had already admitted you were not there to witness it.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:31

where these pre-tax profits?? dont call me afool it you cant prove it Fool

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:33

WoodleyRoyal where these pre-tax profits?? dont call me afool it you cant prove it Fool

Unfortunately I don't have these records at my disposal however I can promise you I have seen them. Choose not to believe me if you wish however many others on here have seen them and will hopefully back me up soon . .

Que other RTG's . .

P.s regardless of you being factually incorrect regarding your statement about profit your still a fool.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 31 Aug 2008 14:36

voice of reason
WoodleyRoyal where these pre-tax profits?? dont call me afool it you cant prove it Fool

Unfortunately I don't have these records at my disposal however I can promise you I have seen them. Choose not to believe me if you wish however many others on here have seen them and will hopefully back me up soon . .

Que other RTG's . .

P.s regardless of you being factually incorrect regarding your statement about profit your still a fool.

Ja, I haff zer truth, only you nincompoops refuse to believe me. Hah!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:39

no proof ahhh shame coincedental that i say things that i can back maybe you should take a leaf :wink:

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:40

papereyes Why? You just agreed with the central point ....

In that case the point of my post was clearly lost on you. Saying that I can understand why people would boo JM . . basically because they are stupid surely doesn't agree with your post and point of view? Unless I missed the point of your post and you do agree with me?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:43

and please explain why would disclose our finacial figures if we are not a PLC and not on the stock market

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2008 14:47

Royal With Cheese
Schards#2 Madejski deserves total respect for what he did from the moment he took over until about a year ago.

Since then, he's made it clear he wants out and his runnng of the club has reflected that. The suporters don't want out, they are still investing in the club season in and season out and rightly feel insulted by being asked by Madejski to up their game.

He been a hero of this club but Steve Bull is a Wolves legend and they don't play him up front any more.

I'm not sure I agree with all of that.

Sometimes I think '05/'06 was despite Madejski, rather than because of him. The aquisition of Kevin Doyle was the main spark to that fantastic season. If Doyal was priced at, say, 2 million, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that Reading would not have bid for him. Lita at a million was about the strength of our ambition. That was an average fee for a striker in the Championship.

We have to face it - we've done well with low money signings.

I would say that since we've moved to the Mad Stad Madjeski has been quite happy to sign the odd player whilst spouting on about ambition. However, when the chips are down, he'd rather spend his money on paintings than players.

You daft tit. Madejski spent his own money, not the club's money in bringing Lita here.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 14:49

dave whelan has spent millions and millions of this own cash ut dosent see the need to spread his name accross his stadium

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Aug 2008 14:51

I find the guy insulting. He takes our fan base as idiots so he should not be given any respect with the way he's been acting recently.
He expects us to beleive the money has " gone", which, quite frankly is utter tosh.
He then comes out onto the pitch not ONCE, but TWICE to lap up applause and show off. Its tiresome, insulting and I find it cringe worthy, as did the palace fans laughing in the away end. What he's done for a club is irrelevant really, say I raise a kid healthily like a great dad until he's 20, then I sleep and impregnate his wife. Is he supposed to cut me slack as I did a lot for him the previous 20 years? Don't be ridiculous, I deserve to be held accountable for my actions in the PRESENT. Madejski is no similar. He has lied in insulted our fan base over the last season and wants us to continually act like good puppies by applauding him while he shows off to whoever he's entertaining in the box.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:52

WoodleyRoyal and please explain why would disclose our finacial figures if we are not a PLC and not on the stock market

Okay so you have done/doing GCSE business studies . . .well done! Unfotunately in the real world its not quite so straight forward! The club have released the accounts for the first season in the PL I believe it only costs a couple of quid to retrieve them. Why don't you type "accounts" into the search bit of HNA and see the numerous amount of times people have talked about them.

voice of reason

by voice of reason » 31 Aug 2008 14:55

WoodleyRoyal dave whelan has spent millions and millions of this own cash ut dosent see the need to spread his name accross his stadium

Your right, Dave Whelan, who owns JJB, has done nothing to spread his name across the JJB stadium.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2008 14:56

Very near...far away John Madejski is a businessman, he made a lot of money from Thames Valley Trader and other assorted traders and sold them.
He bought Reading FC when no other jacksh1t wanted it. He wasn't especially interested in football.
Having thrown various amounts at RFC, he's now been getting his money back and, as more of a viable concern (than a pisspoor Div 3 club in 1990 odd), will sell to a suitable buyer.
People seem shocked.

Meantime various 12 year olds on this forum who have little or no idea of the dump of a level of ground, of football even (dare I say) of organisation that used to pervade this football club cry baby tears that we're somehow not Chelsea (who were pure virtual bankrupt dump for much of the 80s) and don't seem to get it at all.

Oh how wrong you are!! Many expressing criticism of Saint Madejski are old enough to remember all of that. Perhaps due to our age and experiences of football, football chairmen, and life in general, we have built up what some would call (and others certainly wouldn't!) a healthy degree of cynicism. That is why we refuse to accept everything that Madejski says and does at simple face value. He may well not be quite the devil some of us portray him as but equally I very much doubt he is quite as good as others would like to believe.

It was interesting hearing David O'Leary describing the last years at Villa under Doug Ellis, on Goals on Sunday, this am. He could well have been talking of where RFC stands today!

What's more, it sounds as though Ellis was succeeded by a very good chairman/owner from a footballing point of view.

voice of reason
WoodleyRoyal dave whelan has spent millions and millions of this own cash ut dosent see the need to spread his name accross his stadium

Your right, Dave Whelan, who owns JJB, has done nothing to spread his name across the JJB stadium.

That is a massive ****ing difference and with a comment like that, maybe you should reconsider your username.

Whelan is promoting his business - not his sodding ego/name.

voice of reason
WoodleyRoyal and please explain why would disclose our finacial figures if we are not a PLC and not on the stock market

Okay so you have done/doing GCSE business studies . . .well done! Unfotunately in the real world its not quite so straight forward! The club have released the accounts for the first season in the PL I believe it only costs a couple of quid to retrieve them. Why don't you type "accounts" into the search bit of HNA and see the numerous amount of times people have talked about them.

And anyone who knows anything about business should also know that good accountants are extremely skilled in making a company's accounts paint the picture that is required/desired.

FiNeRaIn I find the guy insulting. He takes our fan base as idiots so he should not be given any respect with the way he's been acting recently.
He expects us to beleive the money has " gone", which, quite frankly is utter tosh.

It's interesting that even Mick Gooding, who must have had a pretty close view of the way JM and football finances work, yesterday said that he couldn't understand where all of the money has gone.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 31 Aug 2008 15:02, edited 2 times in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 15:00

voice of reason

real clever yeah lets tell our rivals how much we have in the bank so teams can raid us. we dont release agent fee's we dont have the figures for undisclosed fee's no-one can say what our actuall figures are and the member who posted before you should be called "voice of reason"

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 31 Aug 2008 15:03

voice of reason

What a terrible point.

Are you the latest reincarnation of David Watts and his other 1000 usernames? You've got all the hallmarks

Cookie

by Cookie » 31 Aug 2008 15:04

Thou Voice Looks to me that there is a few fools in the crowd that choose to boo and hiss at the man that had made RFC what it is today.

For a man that admits he does not "know" much about football, he sure turns up at enough home and away matches to watch his team.

To all the fools that are complaining about his business sense in selling players and keeping the money, I have one players name for you...

Nicky Shorey

...now he persistently failed to impress last season and if we sold him when the price was higher we would have made far more money and there is a good chance that we may not have gone done if an enthusiastic left back had been put in his place.

Mr Madejski came on to rally some support and it was the same idiots that boo'd him that were also boo'ing John Oster.

John did not want to leave RFC, he was let go...

...if anything he should have been politely applauded for the services he has given the club.

I don't know what some of the fans are thinking at present, but Thou Voice would gladly slap a few around the chops, I tell you that.

We will be going up next season, I was saying this months ago - so lets not tolerate these plastic fans that boo and hiss and support the team that will return us to the Premiership...

...the problem is, I will miss the Championship. The one away again and all the home games I've seen this season at were great (not including the Charlton one on TV - But I still enjoyed that).

PEOPLE OF HNA, GET REAL AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM RATHER THEN ACTING LIKE A GROUP OF GRANDMOTHERS SITTING AROUND THE FIRE KNITTING AND CLUCKING LIKE HENS HOW YOU COULD DO BETTER.

You cannot...

Apart from the slapping, and the hens and grannies, that's a good point of view

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 31 Aug 2008 15:07

I am routinely astounded by the sheer dimwittedness of some of my fellow fans. Go on, my fickle friends, do your best to force out a deeply prudent businessman who has helped develop this club into a solvent, successful and friendly club. I'm sure some of you would love some dodgy oligarch to pitch up and turn your local club into the soulless global brand that is Chelsea... personally I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty needle.

BTW I'm sure Madejski does have a rampant ego (couldn't give a crap, though, he's not a personal friend of mine). I'm also fairly sure Coppell does have money to spend (weirdly enough "big" premiership players don't like coming to "small" Championship clubs though) and yes everybody does have a right to their opinion, but for Christ's sake, be polite to a man that has does great things for this club (even if you consider that to be in the past) SO DON'T oxf*rd BOO YOUR OWN TEAM.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2008 15:09

voice of reason

Dave Whelan doesn't own JJB.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Aug 2008 15:09

like i said in a prevoius post its his toy he used the club while in the prem to show off is plaything to his z list celebs he has no passion for the club like he keeps trying to tell everyone he see's it as a business he's in it for the profit not for love of the club and anyone who dosent believe that is extremly gullable

330 posts