MURTY BACK IN THE TEAM?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MURTY BACK IN THE TEAM?

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2008 20:46

Don't think Rosenior is as reliable as Murty, though certainly able to deal with a pace a bit better.

Murty is a better passer IMO and makes up what he lacks in sheer effort and experience.

He'll need to hang on for a poor performance/loss although currently I'd rather he was in than Liam

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 02 Sep 2008 20:57

Murts will always be a part of Reading history and has been a great servant to the club. Even he - honest man that he is - said on BBC RB that he will have to work his way back into the team and that LR has done well in his spot.

Besides, SC will not change a winning team.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 02 Sep 2008 21:02

Bill Oddie's Beard murty isn't a centre back. Hth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oops nevermind. No room from him. We have an embarrassment of riches at FB. Sell him. :)

Center is his only option at this point for me.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 02 Sep 2008 21:06

Murty won't walk back into the team as Rosenier has done well imo.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 Sep 2008 21:50

I thought Rosenior would look better at this level and has been a bit of a disappointed.

He was much better on Saturday, but I'm much less against Murty getting back in the team than I would have been at the start of the season. Rosenior's defending and positional play let him down and Murty would arguably be the better defender.

If Rosenior keeps playing well he'll keep his place, as should any of the players, especially Pearce and Karacan.

starbug

by starbug » 02 Sep 2008 22:57

Rosenior is still learning but certainly deserves to keep his place, its great to have competition and he'll know he has to perform 100% to keep his place.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Sep 2008 01:26

rosenior all day everyday over murty. only way i can see murty getting in is if armstrong turns out to be a shocking acquisition forcing rosenior to play left and murty to play right

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 03 Sep 2008 02:09

Yeah, pfuck him! Let him wait...

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 03 Sep 2008 03:26

Murts, even though i love him as a character should not play for us unless rosenior gets injured. Rosenior showed us on saturday what a threat he is going forward. Murty has never had that sort of pace and it certainly is refreshing to see a reading full back to attack and beat a player.

Long live Rosenior!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Sep 2008 09:31

rfcjoe Murts, even though i love him as a character should not play for us unless rosenior gets injured. Rosenior showed us on saturday what a threat he is going forward. Murty has never had that sort of pace and it certainly is refreshing to see a reading full back to attack and beat a player.

Long live Rosenior!

It's only the last season that Murty went off form.

Murty bombing forward has been a massive part of our success over the last 5 years.

Rosenior's had one good game.

kingsleyroyal

by kingsleyroyal » 03 Sep 2008 09:36

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 52,00.html

Murts is playing at Centre back for the reserves this evening. I dont know if we should read into that.

I would have him in our team any day of the week - strong organiser, defence looks more solid when he plays, better attacking options through his vission with passing.

How about playing him in a "holding" midfield position, similar to Makelele? He reads the game well, strong tackler, excellent distribution and pace isn't as important there as in a right back position (even though I still think he's a better option than Ros)

Thoughts?

I'm definately agreeing witht the point above though.

kingsleyroyal

by kingsleyroyal » 03 Sep 2008 09:38

kingsleyroyal I would have him in our team any day of the week - strong organiser, defence looks more solid when he plays, better attacking options through his vission with passing.

Yes "vision" is spelt incorrectly - twitch in the finger.......[

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Sep 2008 10:05

Murty is a better defender than Rosenior but I think Rosenior now offers more of a threat when we attack, he is also a hell of a lot quicker. Tough one but I'd leave it as it is for now.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 03 Sep 2008 11:08

kingsleyroyal http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1382752,00.html

Murts is playing at Centre back for the reserves this evening. I dont know if we should read into that.

I would have him in our team any day of the week - strong organiser, defence looks more solid when he plays, better attacking options through his vission with passing.

How about playing him in a "holding" midfield position, similar to Makelele? He reads the game well, strong tackler, excellent distribution and pace isn't as important there as in a right back position (even though I still think he's a better option than Ros)

Thoughts?

I'm definately agreeing witht the point above though.

Centre-back is a definite no for me. We have Ingi, Doobs, Bikey and Pearce who are all very competent centre-backs and Murts would also be behind Cisse and Bryn in that position for me.
As for holding midfield role, again, not a chance. His distribution is no where near good enough imo and he'd probably get muscled off the ball a lot by some real midfielders. He's just gonna have to wait for Rosey to cock up. He was really good against Palace and showed great strength and determination to create our first goal, am much as I like Murts I think he's just going to have to be patient.

Streets

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 11:11

H-Town Royal I was thinking Murty would be back in the starting 11 for sure. But with Sonks gone & AP's play on Saturday; not so sure. I Don't like a player losing a spot to injury but I think the back four are playing well. They look good in defense and solid pushing forward. I like what Rosenoir can do on the ball; don't think he goes down.

I think AP will get the boot & Murty will be back. He has a lot of history plus he is the captain.

What are you on about you great lump?

How can Alex pearce lose his place for Murty :|

Streets

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 11:12

kingsleyroyal http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1382752,00.html

I wouldn't. He's to short and slow for holding down that position in the fizzy pop. God no!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Sep 2008 11:13

SC has stated many times that there is no "pecking order" in his teams. As long as the team is winning and the incumbent player is playing well then he will not drop anyone just to make way for a "senior player" or for anyone else. Being captain is irrelevant.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Sep 2008 11:19

I'd agree that Rosenior looks the more agile player and on the face of it looks better than Murty. But when Murty plays, the whole team look that much more determined and seem to play better - or at least they did last season. I don't know why.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Sep 2008 11:23

The biggest problem Rosenior seems to have is an inability to stay standing up. Does he make his boots out of banana skins?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 12:09

Dirk Gently The biggest problem Rosenior seems to have is an inability to stay standing up. Does he make his boots out of banana skins?

I thought his major problem was only being able to pass to a Reading player about 50% of the time. A couple of slips a game are bad, but I haven't seen so many this season.