Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

by Hoop Blah » 05 Sep 2008 13:21

Franchise FC
Yorkshire Royal
Hoop Blah How are they finding the money?

The Coates family are worth 300 million quid and their main current business makes an awful lot of money. If you do some research into how the club is setup and who owns what you will find some interesting stuff out. So although the chairman is helping bankroll the club, it is his money (or his company's money), not loans. They sell an awful lot more merchandise, season tickets etc than Reading do.

Would you like to take a few minutes to explain exactly how this is a different setup to RFC - excpet of course that Mad John hasn't 'bankrolled' massive spending. If Mad John backs away now and takes his last remaining loan, the Club is still stable financially. If the Coates do the same, are Stoke similarly stable ?

If Madejski was to walk away today and call in his outstanding loans the club would need to find something like £25m. I'm not sure how the club could do that and remain financially stable.

Stoke's loans as expressed in the 2007 books are 'only' £8.5m. Stoke have reported operating loses of about £4m for 2007 and 2006 and less than £1m for the 3 years previous to those. On the face of it they look to be pretty well run. I can only guess that they've funded all this summers spending on the Premiership money they're going to receive this season. How they cope with the future after that all depends on their success on the pitch and how they've tied down all their contracts.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Sep 2008 13:23

I was hoping Reading could "do" a Bolton or a Blackburn (or even a Wigan ).........................

Will it still happen?

Maybe Kitson will be back when we do. :lol:

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 05 Sep 2008 13:38

Quite surprising to read all the reports of the demise of Kitson and Coppell’s relationship. They seem similar in so many ways. Know that training wasn’t his forte, but his record for Reading was mighty impressive. He’s intelligent, articulate, didn’t seem to adopt the Premiership bling attitude of Lita and Sonko. Or did he really cause serious factions within the dressing room?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 05 Sep 2008 13:47

if you read his interview about the split in the camp, it comes across badly, as he admitted he was one of them. However, it takes a bigger person to come out and admit it, and I'll hold him in high regard, not just for that, but because he has given som much to this club. There are people who though they were big time charlies (Sonko, Shorey, Fae) who thoguht they had to turn out to stay in this division and were now regarded as Premiership footballers. From inside the camp, Kits, Murts and Mrcus were the three who were most gutted. Kitson didn't talk to anyone on his phone for a about a week.

Coppell said everyone has a price. Kitson's was met and sold but he definately did not bang down the door asking to leave ala Shorey and Sonko

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Sep 2008 13:49

gazzer, loyal royal if you read his interview about the split in the camp, it comes across badly, as he admitted he was one of them. However, it takes a bigger person to come out and admit it, and I'll hold him in high regard, not just for that, but because he has given som much to this club. There are people who though they were big time charlies (Sonko, Shorey, Fae) who thoguht they had to turn out to stay in this division and were now regarded as Premiership footballers. From inside the camp, Kits, Murts and Mrcus were the three who were most gutted. Kitson didn't talk to anyone on his phone for a about a week.

Coppell said everyone has a price. Kitson's was met and sold but he definately did not bang down the door asking to leave ala Shorey and Sonko

Do you know for a fact that Shorey and Sonko banged on Coppell's door? How do you know that Kits didn't?

(am not slating Kits, simply asking).

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 05 Sep 2008 13:56

Sure Kitson is a legend to us....

but that doesn't mean he can't be the subject of some ridicule & banter while at another club,
I would hope he'd take it the right spirit as others have done in the past.
When he retires he goes back to true lege status!
I remember Caskey getting the treatment from us on his return, only for us to sh*t ourselves when County got an edge of box free kick in last few minutes. He got a great ovation at the end.
I'm sure Robin Friday would have got some South Bank stick on his return with Cardiff! :wink:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 05 Sep 2008 13:58

i have my sources at the club (hence why i know about Coppells transfer dealings when he pulled out of deals for Gary O'Neill and Matty taylor at last minute) and it was clear that Shorey and Sonko wanted out from day one. Shorey handed in a transfer request in jan. Kitson went with the attitude that if someone came in for him and it was accepted then so-be-it, but he was happy to stay

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Sep 2008 14:02

gazzer, loyal royal i have my sources at the club (hence why i know about Coppells transfer dealings when he pulled out of deals for Gary O'Neill and Matty taylor at last minute) and it was clear that Shorey and Sonko wanted out from day one. Shorey handed in a transfer request in jan. Kitson went with the attitude that if someone came in for him and it was accepted then so-be-it, but he was happy to stay

Ah ok. Thanks for the information. That makes Kits' star shine a little brighter. Do you have any info on who were the most disruptive forces in the changing room?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Sep 2008 14:26

gazzer, loyal royal i have my sources at the club (hence why i know about Coppells transfer dealings when he pulled out of deals for Gary O'Neill and Matty taylor at last minute) and it was clear that Shorey and Sonko wanted out from day one. Shorey handed in a transfer request in jan. Kitson went with the attitude that if someone came in for him and it was accepted then so-be-it, but he was happy to stay

do your sources tell you why lita has been dropped from the 16 in the past game?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Sep 2008 14:33

cos he played in previous games and didnt score?

squad rotation?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 05 Sep 2008 15:03

In the stoke papers today saying how he is in awe of the stoke fans etc

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 Sep 2008 15:25

I would be - have you seen how ugly they are?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2008 15:38

Despite of Coppell seemingly dropping some hints at the Fans Forum re Kitson being a bit of a disruptive influence behind the scenes, I would put him into the Sidwell camp i.e giving his all to RFC on the pitch, right through to his very last game for the club.

In stark contrast, my abiding memory of Shorey will be him appearing to mock the fans in the North East Stand of the Mad Stad. This, when they finally lost patience and gave him some stick after a string of poor performances, which suggested that he no longer gave a damn about the club, team & supporters and was just going through the motions until he was allowed to leave.

Sidwell & Kitson will get my applause on any return, Shorey some stick.

Sonko, to me, falls between the two.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Sep 2008 15:42

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I'm not sure you can really compare Kitson & Sidwell.

Sidwell knew his contract was coming to an end and he was leaving but still bust a gut whereas with Kitson, he never knew he was leaving or had any intention of doing so apparently until the Stoke bid came in during the summer.

All (Shorey & Sonko too) will get applause from me when they return, well until the whistle goes.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 05 Sep 2008 15:57

gazzer, loyal royal i have my sources at the club (hence why i know about Coppells transfer dealings when he pulled out of deals for Gary O'Neill and Matty taylor at last minute)

Any comment on your predictions elsewhere that Hunt would go in the transfer window and that Pearce, Kelly or Karacan could be going out on loan to Brighton?

Not wishing to judge, just interested on the inside story behind these and other stories such as whether anyone has come in for Lita at £2m.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 Sep 2008 16:00

Stranded Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I'm not sure you can really compare Kitson & Sidwell.

Sidwell knew his contract was coming to an end and he was leaving but still bust a gut whereas with Kitson, he never knew he was leaving or had any intention of doing so apparently until the Stoke bid came in during the summer.

All (Shorey & Sonko too) will get applause from me when they return, well until the whistle goes.

Deserves a quick rendition of "David Kitson, what a bargain".

Then we can get to the meat and gristle of booing his every touch.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 05 Sep 2008 16:36

This does not fit with what SC said at the fans forum, although it could. SC said that 8 or 9 players were knocking on his door wanting away as soon as pre-season started but that Kits was on the phone before before pre-season wanting away.

So maybe your source is not quite as in the know as you think.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 Sep 2008 17:48

westendgirl

This does not fit with what SC said at the fans forum, although it could. SC said that 8 or 9 players were knocking on his door wanting away as soon as pre-season started but that Kits was on the phone before before pre-season wanting away.

Thats right. Kits does appear to have wanted out and now moans on about the side breaking up. Given what we now know about his refusal to play in the same side as Lita which cannot be good for any manager to have to deal with I think some of you need to look more closely at this "legend".
Maybe I have it wrong but I thought from Coppell's comments that he was the primary disruptive influence and was one of the 8 or 9 wanting out. If and it is if that is correct then why the hell does he want to moan on about it all now.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Sep 2008 17:52

PEARCEY
westendgirl

Thats right. Kits does appear to have wanted out and now moans on about the side breaking up. Given what we now know about his refusal to play in the same side as Lita which cannot be good for any manager to have to deal with I think some of you need to look more closely at this "legend".
Maybe I have it wrong but I thought from Coppell's comments that he was the primary disruptive influence and was one of the 8 or 9 wanting out. If and it is if that is correct then why the hell does he want to moan on about it all now.

If I have said anything which might be deemed anti-Kits it's due to the comments that Coppell made at the fan's forum.

I wonder where the truth actually lies although I doubt we will find out...

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 Sep 2008 17:57

Same applies to me Archie....but it is beyond doubt from those who know more than I of his refusal to play in the same side as Lita. Coppell is the manager and not Kitson...he should not have acted this way.