Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Kits is sad.......poor bastard!

by Archie's penalty » 05 Sep 2008 18:04

PEARCEY Same applies to me Archie....but it is beyond doubt from those who know more than I of his refusal to play in the same side as Lita. Coppell is the manager and not Kitson...he should not have acted this way.

I think the truth of the matter is Kitson was not all sweetness and light in the second half of last season.

Of those who went my list of black sheep are:

1= Shorey and Sonko. Shorey for not being arsed and Sonks for his reserve hissy fit in May.
3= Kitson and Little. Kitson for his refusal to play with Lita and Little for his volte-face when considering a new contract by the club.

I don't think it is bad we lost any of them to be honest.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 Sep 2008 18:09

Archie's penalty
PEARCEY Same applies to me Archie....but it is beyond doubt from those who know more than I of his refusal to play in the same side as Lita. Coppell is the manager and not Kitson...he should not have acted this way.

I think the truth of the matter is Kitson was not all sweetness and light in the second half of last season.

Of those who went my list of black sheep are:

1= Shorey and Sonko. Shorey for not being arsed and Sonks for his reserve hissy fit in May.
3= Kitson and Little. Kitson for his refusal to play with Lita and Little for his volte-face when considering a new contract by the club.

I don't think it is bad we lost any of them to be honest.

About right Archie.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2008 18:26

Hoop Blah
Franchise FC
Yorkshire Royal The Coates family are worth 300 million quid and their main current business makes an awful lot of money. If you do some research into how the club is setup and who owns what you will find some interesting stuff out. So although the chairman is helping bankroll the club, it is his money (or his company's money), not loans. They sell an awful lot more merchandise, season tickets etc than Reading do.

Would you like to take a few minutes to explain exactly how this is a different setup to RFC - excpet of course that Mad John hasn't 'bankrolled' massive spending. If Mad John backs away now and takes his last remaining loan, the Club is still stable financially. If the Coates do the same, are Stoke similarly stable ?

If Madejski was to walk away today and call in his outstanding loans the club would need to find something like £25m. I'm not sure how the club could do that and remain financially stable.

I doubt that would be a wise move from his point of view, unless he was planning to leave the Reading area in a hurry and not come back for some time!

Also, I'm not sure how easy it would be for him to extricate himself where he is at the same time the person calling in the loan and the majority shareholder/director of the business that he is calling in the loans from.

I know the above is hi-jacking the thread but I didn't start it! :wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Sep 2008 18:47

Hoop Blah
Franchise FC
Yorkshire Royal
The Coates family are worth 300 million quid and their main current business makes an awful lot of money. If you do some research into how the club is setup and who owns what you will find some interesting stuff out. So although the chairman is helping bankroll the club, it is his money (or his company's money), not loans. They sell an awful lot more merchandise, season tickets etc than Reading do.

Would you like to take a few minutes to explain exactly how this is a different setup to RFC - excpet of course that Mad John hasn't 'bankrolled' massive spending. If Mad John backs away now and takes his last remaining loan, the Club is still stable financially. If the Coates do the same, are Stoke similarly stable ?

If Madejski was to walk away today and call in his outstanding loans the club would need to find something like £25m. I'm not sure how the club could do that and remain financially stable.

Stoke's loans as expressed in the 2007 books are 'only' £8.5m. Stoke have reported operating loses of about £4m for 2007 and 2006 and less than £1m for the 3 years previous to those. On the face of it they look to be pretty well run. I can only guess that they've funded all this summers spending on the Premiership money they're going to receive this season. How they cope with the future after that all depends on their success on the pitch and how they've tied down all their contracts.

According to the RFC accounts of 2007, Mad John has only £8m outstanding. How does that square with £25m if he walked ?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 05 Sep 2008 19:28

Franchise- where can one find this information? I don't remember reading about the reduction of debt to £8m. That's more to do with me not looking hard enough than it not existing.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Sep 2008 19:34

SCIAG Franchise- where can one find this information? I don't remember reading about the reduction of debt to £8m. That's more to do with me not looking hard enough than it not existing.

Thanks to Arnie Pie who posted the accounts on another thread £23m in - etc. Page 8.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 05 Sep 2008 20:16

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 05 Sep 2008 20:39

Careful Archie. 'Tis heresy to say anything mildly derogatory about Sir Dave of Kitson and Saint Glen.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Sep 2008 15:48

Reading > Stoke - Always.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Sep 2008 16:12

rfcjoe http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4102162,00.html :mrgreen:

I think we should encourage Stoke fans to organize a "Ginger Day" in his honour. :wink:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Sep 2008 16:12

LOLz, 'greed! :lol:

Colchester Royal

by Colchester Royal » 06 Sep 2008 16:22

Gordons Cumming

I think we should encourage Stoke fans to organize a "Ginger Day" in his honour. :wink:

well that wouldn't go down with Saint Kits on Cambridge now would it? Sod it, let him have a day in his homour. The Stoke strip is close enough to his hair colour. LOL.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Sep 2008 20:07

Colchester Royal ..................... let him have a day in his homour.

:shock:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 06 Sep 2008 21:43

Hoop Blah If Madejski was to walk away today and call in his outstanding loans the club would need to find something like £25m. I'm not sure how the club could do that and remain financially stable.

No, If Madejski were to walk away today, FFS.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Sep 2008 00:30

papereyes I would be - have you seen how ugly they are?

lol at my mrs's dad

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 07 Sep 2008 22:37

Patronising sanctomonious hypercritical greedy ginger twat

true*blue*loyal*royal

by true*blue*loyal*royal » 09 Sep 2008 09:49

"It is amazing and I like being part of those moments in a club's history."
So if Stoke get relegated he'll move to another club who've gained promotion?
Glory hunter. I hope Reading beat Stoke in 2 weeks' time...which is on my birthday...ha what a great birthday present it would be.