Alex Pearce, Regular?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Alex Pearce, Regular?

by RG30 » 08 Sep 2008 13:05

Alex Pearce will make many more appearances for Reading, and I believe the shirt is now his to lose, whether that be through injury/suspension/loss of form.

He's progressed near enough perfectly over the last 18 months, having had loan spells in League 2, League 1 then the Championship and never looked out of place.

Thoroughly deserved aswell, very sensible lad and clearly has a future at RFC, hopefully as a captain.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 08 Sep 2008 13:32

at the moment my one concern is that paired with Ingi the two of them lack a bit of pace. Bikey plus Pearce looks a tidy pairing I'd say.

Colchester Royal

by Colchester Royal » 08 Sep 2008 13:37

Wax Jacket at the moment my one concern is that paired with Ingi the two of them lack a bit of pace. Bikey plus Pearce looks a tidy pairing I'd say.

Agreed. I reckon the pairing we have now of Pearce and Ingi has strength, but not much pace. Bringing Bikey into Ingi's place would then be better. Pearce would pick up the tall guy and Bikey can have the pacey buggers.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 08 Sep 2008 14:05

Colchester Royal
Wax Jacket at the moment my one concern is that paired with Ingi the two of them lack a bit of pace. Bikey plus Pearce looks a tidy pairing I'd say.

Agreed. I reckon the pairing we have now of Pearce and Ingi has strength, but not much pace. Bringing Bikey into Ingi's place would then be better. Pearce would pick up the tall guy and Bikey can have the pacey buggers.

But we dont play that way, we play very much zonal at the back. Inga Left sided, Pearce right sided at the mo.

I still think Pearce is our 3rd/4th choice. Bikey will take his place IMO soon. You forget Bikey is still a relative novice and improving. Pearce has plenty of potential, but CB is prob the hardest posotion for our young players to break into.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Sep 2008 14:33

From the little I have seen of him, Pearce seems to have a very bright future ahead of him.

The new Alan Hansen?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 08 Sep 2008 15:00

Archie's penalty From the little I have seen of him, Pearce seems to have a very bright future ahead of him.

The new Alan Hansen?

Alan was much better looking in his day

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 08 Sep 2008 15:02

Don't want to bring the kiss of the death to Pearce but watching Andy Murray last night has got me all hyperbolic...

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 08 Sep 2008 18:29

I don't actually care what his bowel habits are.