Back from the game

131 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game

by LoyalRoyalFan » 17 Sep 2008 14:11

Just a fantastic game last night from start to finish. I predicted a big score as well :wink:

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 17 Sep 2008 14:14

Wycombe Royal
Southbank Old Boy Cox wanted to be given a chance

He could see where Coppell's thinking was taking him and that was nowhere. If Cox had been given the amount of chances to shine that Long had (almost 30 starts and 45 sub apearances before the start of this season as opposed to Cox's 9 sub appearances) I'm pretty sure he'd still be here pushing for a place

I heard that he wanted more than a chance - he wanted to be a regular starter and whilst we were in the Premiership that was never going to happen. Swindon gave him that chance and it would have been wrong of the club to stand in his way.

I heard pretty similar, but I think that was as a result of the lack of chances he'd been getting, mainly to the benefit of Long as well as our other forwards, and laterly Oster when Cox had shown he could potentially be a threat on the right

I think at his age he wanted to be getting on the pitch more often than Reading could offer him, but I think if he'd been given more of a glimmer of hope in the previous 18 months then he would've been more comfortable with less time as he'd have seen more development and more faith in his abilities at Reading

From his point of view I think he did exactly the right thing, although he should maybe have waited until the summer to make the final move away

Colchester Royal

by Colchester Royal » 17 Sep 2008 14:21

i saw the rout coming after 2 goals in 10 mins. great save as well by Hahnemann 1st half to deny them a goal and he was cheeky taking the ball off their striker as well. We're going up!

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 17 Sep 2008 14:28

Shock horror, I actually attended last night and am being begged to go again as the last few games I've been to have been convincing wins/high scoring games.

Recent games include: Darlington 3-3, Liverpool 3-4, West Ham 6-0, Norwich 4-0....

Whilst it was a good game and I really enjoyed, it did still make me realise why I turned my back on football.

Pearce looked solid, Karacan had some good touches and great vision for passes, Doyle and N Hunt seem a good partnership and S Hunt ran himself ragged and barely put a foot wrong.

The team lost a lot going forward when Doyle and S Hunt went off but it didn't really matter by then. I've thought a lot of the criticism I've read may have been unfair but last night I think he justified it. Doesn't really seem to know what to do when the ball's near him and that needs to change quickly if he's to make it at CCC level.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2008 15:15

Last night was the first time that I've seen Armstrong.

Bearing in mind that, to be charitable, Wednesday probably had an off day, I thought that he was was very solid. Very good defensively, good in the tackle, passed consistently well and contributed well in attack when the opportunity arose, he reminded me of a younger, left sided version of Murty.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 17 Sep 2008 15:48

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Sep 2008 16:07

royalexile Despite the goal i thought Bikey looked out of position and out of sorts.

He is still better than IVAR

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Sep 2008 16:08

Colchester Royal i saw the rout coming after 2 goals in 10 mins. great save as well by Hahnemann 1st half to deny them a goal and he was cheeky taking the ball off their striker as well. We're going up!

think quite a few saw the rout coming after 10 mins!! If we play like that against wolves or brum then maybe we are in for a shout of going up

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Sep 2008 16:10

BenReadingFC Scoreboard

Cheers. My new facebook profile pic!

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 17 Sep 2008 16:22

Stooper Shock horror, I actually attended last night and am being begged to go again as the last few games I've been to have been convincing wins/high scoring games.

Recent games include: Darlington 3-3, Liverpool 3-4, West Ham 6-0, Norwich 4-0....

Whilst it was a good game and I really enjoyed, it did still make me realise why I turned my back on football.

Pearce looked solid, Karacan had some good touches and great vision for passes, Doyle and N Hunt seem a good partnership and S Hunt ran himself ragged and barely put a foot wrong.

The team lost a lot going forward when Doyle and S Hunt went off but it didn't really matter by then. I've thought a lot of the criticism I've read may have been unfair but last night I think he justified it. Doesn't really seem to know what to do when the ball's near him and that needs to change quickly if he's to make it at CCC level.

Are you also responsible for the Quins good start to the season?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Sep 2008 16:24

loyalroyal4life
Colchester Royal i saw the rout coming after 2 goals in 10 mins. great save as well by Hahnemann 1st half to deny them a goal and he was cheeky taking the ball off their striker as well. We're going up!

think quite a few saw the rout coming after 10 mins!! If we play like that against wolves or brum then maybe we are in for a shout of going up

If we play like that against everyone except Wolves and Brum we're in with a shout.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2008 16:27

Stooper Shock horror, I actually attended last night and am being begged to go again as the last few games I've been to have been convincing wins/high scoring games.

Why?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 17 Sep 2008 16:34

Can't believe the EAS-AY chant made an appearance as well :roll:

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2008 16:37

Huntley & Palmer Can't believe the EAS-AY chant made an appearance as well :roll:

only when the score was 5 or 6 - surely justified even for the more most puritanical of supporters?

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 17 Sep 2008 16:41

wolsey
Huntley & Palmer Can't believe the EAS-AY chant made an appearance as well :roll:

only when the score was 5 or 6 - surely justified even for the more most puritanical of supporters?

I think it actually started after the second, possibly even the first!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2008 16:45

I'm afraid I got rather carried away after the 6th goal and did "ea-sy, ea-sy" - but that was only to mock the Sheff Wed fans and Tango man in particular. :oops:

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 17 Sep 2008 16:46

Bill Oddie's Beard
wolsey

Only heard it from the top of the North stand after 5th or 6th went in (perhaps I was too busy celebrating the goals)

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 17 Sep 2008 16:52

In all fairness, it was pretty easy...

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Sep 2008 18:47

Bill Oddie's Beard
wolsey

TBF, it was justified after two in 9 minutes

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 17 Sep 2008 20:07

Easy Easy is never ever justified. Then again neither is singing in the north stand.

131 posts