Home and Away

royal-arkansas

Home and Away

by royal-arkansas » 17 Sep 2008 21:04

Why is there such vast difference between home and away form . we look unstoppable at home and relegation material away .. Those who think midtable might think , told u so .. We are strong enough to walk this league .. DISCUSS

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Home and Away

by rg6royal » 17 Sep 2008 21:11

Was a good program...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Sep 2008 21:37

Programme.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 17 Sep 2008 21:40

RZR, :roll:.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 17 Sep 2008 21:46

Neighbours > Round the Twist > Home and Away

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Sep 2008 22:14

Because the players are low on confidence away from home.

See: Kebe, Harper.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Sep 2008 23:19

I think people are being a bit simplistic about this home and away thing. For a start, we've only lost two games away. It sounds like we were poor against Forest, but we GOT A DRAW, so I'm not complaining there. I didn't go to Charlton but I saw it on the telly, and to my eyes, we did NOT look like relegation material in that match. In fact, we buzzed around their box a lot of the time, scored two goals and got a pen. The game only ran away from us in the last quarter. Our defence looked frighteningly wide open, yes, but Charlton executed their shots with premier class, in my opinion. So lets wait for another away game or two before we rush to conclusions about home and away.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Sep 2008 06:50

facaldaqui I think people are being a bit simplistic about this home and away thing. For a start, we've only lost two games away. It sounds like we were poor against Forest, but we GOT A DRAW, so I'm not complaining there.

The performance against Forest was just as poor as against Charlton and Ipswich - IMO we were lucky Forest only had one fit striker.

One reason could be that while we look good when putting other teams under pressure, we look awful when we are put under pressure. Away teams often come to defend, which gives us room to play. On the road we go out on the back foot and generally that's where we stay.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 18 Sep 2008 09:37

AndyRFC Neighbours > Round the Twist > Home and Away

Round the Twist > Neighbours > Home and Away > Mcleod's Daughters

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2008 09:42

Platypuss The performance against Forest was just as poor as against Charlton and Ipswich - IMO we were lucky Forest only had one fit striker.

We were only poor at Forest because they had a five man midfield swamping our midfield, so we didn't have much of the possession. I wonder if Doyle's header hadn't been saved that would we still be saying it was a poor game and a poor away form?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Sep 2008 11:13

SpaceCruiser
Platypuss The performance against Forest was just as poor as against Charlton and Ipswich - IMO we were lucky Forest only had one fit striker.

We were only poor at Forest because they had a five man midfield swamping our midfield, so we didn't have much of the possession. I wonder if Doyle's header hadn't been saved that would we still be saying it was a poor game and a poor away form?

I think most posters would have accepted that we'd played poorly but got a goal on the break. However, that was about our only decent chance of the game ...

Although its correct about Forest swamping our midfield, I find it odd that it somehow excuses the performance. Don't we have a plan B for those situations.

One reason could be that while we look good when putting other teams under pressure, we look awful when we are put under pressure. Away teams often come to defend, which gives us room to play. On the road we go out on the back foot and generally that's where we stay.

Yeah, roughly what I'm thinking. Although after 6 games, you won't have played a fair representation of the league. Although their position is a strongly related to our result against them, we've lost to 8th and 14th, drawn with 23rd and beaten 13th, 19th and 20th.

I also find it funny that at home, in front of our awful plastic fans, we do better than away.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Reading 25 Away Team 0

by londinium » 18 Sep 2008 11:30

With the first 3 games of this season at home having been won and winning 19 of the last 22 home games in the Championship with the other 3 being drawn we have now gone 25 home games in the championship without defeat.... hope we can extent that to 45!!!

Along with the a continuiation of just the 3 defeats in the last 26 away from home would be handy.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Reading 25 Away Team 0

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Sep 2008 12:29

londinium With the first 3 games of this season at home having been won and winning 19 of the last 22 home games in the Championship with the other 3 being drawn we have now gone 25 home games in the championship without defeat.... hope we can extent that to 45!!!

Along with the a continuiation of just the 3 defeats in the last 26 away from home would be handy.

Don't count on it!! :lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Sep 2008 12:55

I think it's clear the Watford game is a bit of a key one.

I think the players will be well up for it after tuesday. Hunty seems pretty geared up.

I really hope we can get a win. HNA will be a much more positive place if we do.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 18 Sep 2008 13:01

Its the sort of game where we need no mistakes at the back and an absolute bossing of midfield by someone.

If Karacan, or Harper, or ... erm ... Bryn, step up to the plate then I think we've got a chance.

I think our issues relate to midfield. We don't have the quality (or the physical presence - not sure it matters so in the Championship) there, so if a team puts pressure on it or swamps it, we play with the spine of Stephen Hawking.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Sep 2008 13:05

papereyes Its the sort of game where we need no mistakes at the back and an absolute bossing of midfield by someone.

If Karacan, or Harper, or ... erm ... Bryn, step up to the plate then I think we've got a chance.

I think our issues relate to midfield. We don't have the quality (or the physical presence - not sure it matters so in the Championship) there, so if a team puts pressure on it or swamps it, we play with the spine of Stephen Hawking.

Totally agree. I think we can be pretty confident of doing something this year when a central midfielder starts to blossom.

It's a bit too early for Karacan but I'm hopeful. Harper hasn't played as well as he is capable of. Other than that our team looks very strong for the championship.

No-one's talking about Armstrong which surely is a good thing. I think we have our best team out there at the moment. Apart from maybe Matejovsky to come in.

RTFC Drummer

by RTFC Drummer » 18 Sep 2008 13:11

Pretty poor soap :o but Hollyoaks is better

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 Sep 2008 13:16

I'll nomimate The Red Hand Gang

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 18 Sep 2008 13:33

Archie's penalty
papereyes Its the sort of game where we need no mistakes at the back and an absolute bossing of midfield by someone.

Totally agree. I think we can be pretty confident of doing something this year when a central midfielder starts to blossom.

It's a bit too early for Karacan but I'm hopeful. Harper hasn't played as well as he is capable of. Other than that our team looks very strong for the championship.

No-one's talking about Armstrong which surely is a good thing. I think we have our best team out there at the moment. Apart from maybe Matejovsky to come in.

I have horrible doubts about Marek. I don't want to have them but I do.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 18 Sep 2008 13:40

papereyes
Archie's penalty

I have horrible doubts about Marek. I don't want to have them but I do.

Me too, me too. I'm not sure if he will adapt to the Championship. I think we need a defensive midfielder far more than an attacking one.