Match Thread vs Watford (A) - sponsored by Reggie Dwight

182 posts
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Match Thread vs Watford (A) - sponsored by Reggie Dwight

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 20 Sep 2008 18:28

All four 'officials' were quite simply atrocious.
We should have been 3 up in first ten mins. Poor header from N Hunt and two great saves from their third choice keeper after Poom had tried to GBH Doyle and got injured.
Goal that never was - very bizarre.
Gave two away through elementary defending and Long won a dodgy pen.
Bikey scored fairly but was never going to be allowed and then Long brought down for a certain pen ... Oh hang on, Graham Poll's twin is reffing.
Should have had this wrapped up. Threw away 3 points. Settle for one.
Plenty of spirit but all a bit pedestrian.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Match Thread vs Watford (A) - sponsored by Reggie Dwight

by kwik-silva » 20 Sep 2008 23:10

Dick Habbin's hairdo All four 'officials' were quite simply atrocious.
We should have been 3 up in first ten mins. Poor header from N Hunt and two great saves from their third choice keeper after Poom had tried to GBH Doyle and got injured.
Goal that never was - very bizarre.
Gave two away through elementary defending and Long won a dodgy pen.
Bikey scored fairly but was never going to be allowed and then Long brought down for a certain pen ... Oh hang on, Graham Poll's twin is reffing.
Should have had this wrapped up. Threw away 3 points. Settle for one.
Plenty of spirit but all a bit pedestrian.

I thought Long was fouled for the pen, I didn't think it was dodgy and then the other penalty shout, I thought, was also a penalty, if he hadn't gone down so theatrically

My view of the game:

That was the worst refereed game I have ever watched!!! It was absolutely terrible!! I didn't know what was happening with the first goal at first, i thought somebody'd been sent off from the reaction. My throat hurts from shouting at the referee, he was terrible, as already stated, so inconsistent as well, Watford should've had 4/5 bookings, we should've had alot more fouls for us as well

Having said that, we showed great character after their 2 goals it was almost all Reading, poor defending for the goals though. Dirty cheats though at some points in the game (no offence to watford fans :P) like one player going down with a 'head injury', getting up, walking 5 paces and going back down. I don't think we should've given the ball back from that tbh. Also ball boys putting away balls 20 minutes before the end of the game to slow reading down.

Overall though I thought our performance was good, and one to push on from considering the appauling nature the game was refereed in, the final whistle summed it up for me, both sets of fans singing the same thing

"Your not fit to referee"

182 posts