Back from the Game

114 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the Game

by LoyalRoyalFan » 20 Sep 2008 18:07

Just got back.
Very eventful game,but the whole game will be remembered for a very biased ref. I don't know how Bikey had a goal disallowed (But the ref had to get even with the home support)
From where i was seating (Near the back) the first goal was a scramble and i don't know how the linesman saw it.
The pen was a pen. Long was brought down clearly. We played well through the game,with some good passing.
Ratings :

USA - 7 - Few saves to make,but the saves he did make were good and clincal.
Rosenior 7 - Sometimes runs to far forward and out of position but overall a good game
Pearce - 7 - Reliable centre back to say the least
Bikey - 7 - Strong but was caught out one to many times.
Armstrong - 6 - Wandered around the pitch most of the time. A couple of misplaced passes
S.Hunt - 8 - Decent game and his delievery was top notch
Kebe - 7 - Used his pace but has a real problem with his final touch.
Karacan - 7 - A bit muscled out,but he put some good through balls.
Harper - 6 - Not the best of games,but his effort was great.
Doyle - 7 - Couple of decent chances,but didn't look like tuesday night.
N.Hunt - 7 - He did score the goal btw,i think he was taken off by a injury.

Subs :

Long - 7 - Some people questioned why he came on around me,but did well to get the pen.

Travelling Army - 8 - Loud and passionate as always!

Vicarage Road - Even Elm Park was better than this dump. :wink:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the Game

by Dirk Gently » 20 Sep 2008 18:08

LoyalRoyalFan Just got back.
From where i was seating (Near the back) the first goal was a scramble and i don't know how the linesman saw it.

Did you think it was a goal?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 20 Sep 2008 18:11

Dirk Gently
LoyalRoyalFan Just got back.

Did you think it was a goal?

Didn't have the best view,but nobody got up and cheered.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 20 Sep 2008 18:13

said in the in-running thread the ref would even it up.....

thanks for the report all the twats like strap writing us off, if we continue at home and continue to show this kind of improvement away. We will be on the mix end of the season

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 20 Sep 2008 18:16

juanpablo said in the in-running thread the ref would even it up.....

thanks for the report all the twats like strap writing us off, if we continue at home and continue to show this kind of improvement away. We will be on the mix end of the season

Good point mate,we played well and deserved more out of the game. But the ref wanted Watford to win.

Royal_Bulldog_1871

by Royal_Bulldog_1871 » 20 Sep 2008 18:17

LoyalRoyalFan..Do you live in or near Watford..? Being a newbie I wouldn't know where you are from, but you say you are back at 17:07.. :roll:

Not picking mate, just wondered how you got home so quickly.. :wink:

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 20 Sep 2008 18:18

A draw was fair and both teams played their part on what was for once a decent game between us two!

I agree your 2nd was a penalty but totally unsure if the ball did cross our line for the 1st?

The lineman appeared to point his flag for an offside at first then gave the goal a few minutes (almost!) later just as we had a goal kick lined up.

Smith's goal was scrappy but well finished and O'Toole was played through nicely so no great fault of your defence.

You looked pretty lively as I would expect and probably the best side we've played at home.

Good support.

Shame about the ref for both sides.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 20 Sep 2008 18:20

Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 21 Apr 2011 11:40, edited 2 times in total.

Royal_Bulldog_1871

by Royal_Bulldog_1871 » 20 Sep 2008 18:23

LoyalRoyalFan
Royal_Bulldog_1871 LoyalRoyalFan..Do you live in or near Watford..? Being a newbie I wouldn't know where you are from, but you say you are back at 17:07.. :roll:

Not picking mate, just wondered how you got home so quickly.. :wink:

Nope,i live in Caversham.
I left the ground at 17:07 and got home at 6pm.
Its only a 45min drive from Watford via Amersham and Wycombe down the bypass to Henley back down to Reading :wink:

Ignore me mate..I think my clock on this forum is out..Will try to change it.. :oops:

Still good going though hey.. :lol:

Anyhow, back on topic.. :roll:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 20 Sep 2008 18:26

Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 21 Apr 2011 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Sep 2008 18:31

From what I could make out in the chat room. The first goal was the worst decision that will be made this season.

but a point was probably fair.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 20 Sep 2008 18:33

All four 'officials' were quite simply atrocious.We should have been 3 up in first ten mins. Poor header from N Hunt and two great saves from their third choice keeper after Poom had tried to GBH Doyle and got injured.Goal that never was - very bizarre.Gave two away through elementary defending and Long won a dodgy pen. Bikey scored fairly but was never going to be allowed and then Long brought down for a certain pen ... Oh hang on, Graham Poll's twin is reffing.Should have had this wrapped up. Threw away 3 points. Settle for one.Plenty of spirit but all a bit pedestrian.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Sep 2008 18:35

The linesman and ref between them absolutely ruined that game. We were sat in the Watford Upper Tier right level with the six yard box - there is no way that was a goal. Our players ran back for a free kick, not one of them thought they'd scored. The goalie put the ball down for a goal kick and the linesman flagged and the ref had a word with him, then he told S Hunt and one of the Watford players that he'd awarded a goal!! Then he booked one of the Watford players, for rightly disagreeing with him.

I didn't think we played particularly well - Kebe had more decent flashes of brilliance - Long came on for N Hunt and I think Noel might have a stomach upset or something, as just after half time, he ran back down the tunnel, to be sick in the loo I reckon - one of the physios ran after him, then he went back on the pitch but after about 5 mins he was subbed. Once again Long let us down with his passing and final touch. Bikey was tremendous at the back and though we were a long way away, we couldn't see anything wrong with his goal. It was just a case of "evening" things up.

Watford were woeful to be fair and we should have beaten them fair and square.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 20 Sep 2008 18:36

Literally just home now, haven't read any posts.

Weirdest game ever been too..

What the hell happened for the opener? Did the goalie parry it out from behind the line?
Most stuttered and weirdest celebration ever..still confused about it now.

Clear penalty.

Ref was crap...so crap.

Kebe is a wizard on the ball he really is, but his complete lack of confidence or ability to shoot is what stops him from being a potentially class act, hope he can sort it out.

Decent enough vocal support we took I feel, and decent numbers.

We did play VERY well, but a draw will do, I feel the first away win can't be too far off.

Also what a mockery of the multi ball system, still FUMING over that. oh and the 'injuries'...

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 20 Sep 2008 18:47

Spoke to a fair few Watford fans after the game and their concensus was that the "non goal" was evened out by a perfectly good one from Bikey being disallowed.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 20 Sep 2008 18:53

ayjaydee Spoke to a fair few Watford fans after the game and their concensus was that the "non goal" was evened out by a perfectly good one from Bikey being disallowed.

Thats another thing i'm confused about, what was it 'supposedly' disallowed for?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Sep 2008 18:54

Royal_Bulldog_1871 Ignore me mate..I think my clock on this forum is out..Will try to change it.. :oops:

User Control Panel > My timezone and/or Summer Time/DST is in effect options

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 20 Sep 2008 18:59

ayjaydee Spoke to a fair few Watford fans after the game and their concensus was that the "non goal" was evened out by a perfectly good one from Bikey being disallowed.

Fair enough...did not see that too well as at the other end but I would not be surprised!

Mind you we had those sorts of situations with Danny Shittu each week when one jump would be fine and the next week if was a foul.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Sep 2008 19:03

Ahhh, bless, another blinkered RTG where blind faith ALWAYS over-rules start reality. Never mind, "hope springs eternal" as the saying goes. Used to be much like you, but then 40 years of following RFC has finally driven it out of me.

Whilst I didn't go today, I understand Kebe was up to his usual (cr@p) standard. When we start a game with 11 footballers on our side, we might start to show some form and intent, but on the basis of Palace (where we were very lucky), and Ipswich, (where we got slaughtered), games, we will not finish in the top 6 this year. Ha, at least I won't be disappointed this season.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 20 Sep 2008 19:06

strap

Whilst I didn't go today, I understand Kebe was up to his usual (cr@p) standard.

ALOL.

oxf*rd idiot. :lol: :lol:

114 posts