Ah Mr Holt- we've been expecting you...

155 posts
Kingsley

Ah Mr Holt- we've been expecting you...

by Kingsley » 25 Sep 2008 08:48

More words of wisdom from everyones favourite football reporter....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/holt/2008/09/24/reading-s-players-should-have-stepped-in-to-stop-phantom-goal-farago-115875-20750625/

Luckily however his beloved Chelsea are by far the most honest bunch of players every to have graced the Premier League. Oh hang on.

C0ck.

Fat Leather Jacket

Re: Ah Mr Holt- we've been expecting you...

by Fat Leather Jacket » 25 Sep 2008 09:01

Not much of an article was it? I was expecting more.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 25 Sep 2008 09:01

The most bitter and twisted football journalist there has ever been if one player in Reading's side had any real courage or honesty, it wouldn't have stood.

YAWN :roll:

Change the record OLOLiveROFL.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 25 Sep 2008 09:04

I assume Hunts comments that it was a goal when asked for reassurance from the lino went to press after this article?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Sep 2008 09:15

Like the way what Coppell says is garbage, but Boothy says similar garbage and is not called garbage, was always to be expected tho from Holt., dunno why i even clicked the link.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 25 Sep 2008 09:42

In many ways Oliver Holt is like SDR. He thrived on getting peoples back's up and winding up everyone with his negative rubbish. In the end everyone just got bored of SDR and didn't bite then he dissapeared.

O.H. knows we don't like him and I wouldn't be surprised that he prowls around on this forum w@nking over his pathetic attempts to wind us up. Why would he write an article almost a week late?? I'll tell you why, because he's got nothing else to write about, and he uses Reading as a space filler. The sooner people just ignore the idiot the sooner he won't bother harping on about Reading this and Reading that. Gesh it's so boring now.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 25 Sep 2008 09:55

He writes it almost a week later as he only produces his column once a week :roll: :wink:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 25 Sep 2008 09:57

Matt de K In many ways Oliver Holt is like SDR. He thrived on getting peoples back's up and winding up everyone with his negative rubbish. In the end everyone just got bored of SDR and didn't bite then he dissapeared.

O.H. knows we don't like him and I wouldn't be surprised that he prowls around on this forum w@nking over his pathetic attempts to wind us up. Why would he write an article almost a week late?? I'll tell you why, because he's got nothing else to write about, and he uses Reading as a space filler. The sooner people just ignore the idiot the sooner he won't bother harping on about Reading this and Reading that. Gesh it's so boring now.

'greed. The last one he wrote really wound me up and I was genuinely angry about it. Now it's just a bit pathetic and makes me cringe more than anything. Get over yourself Mr Holt, everyone else has.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 25 Sep 2008 10:02

Unfortunately I agree with him. If we had done the "decent" thing then we would be being applauded for our fair play, we just look like cheats at the moment. Just my opinion........ :shock:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Sep 2008 10:32

I agree with him. :shock:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Sep 2008 10:33

Bill Oddie's Beard
Matt de K In many ways Oliver Holt is like SDR. He thrived on getting peoples back's up and winding up everyone with his negative rubbish. In the end everyone just got bored of SDR and didn't bite then he dissapeared.

'greed. The last one he wrote really wound me up and I was genuinely angry about it. Now it's just a bit pathetic and makes me cringe more than anything. Get over yourself Mr Holt, everyone else has.

You're all forgetting what Mr Holt's job actually is.

It's not to produce a balanced view - it's to provoke controversy and get people talking about the Daily Mirror - and increasingly to get people going to the Mirror website so that their web readership statistics are better which lets them sell their web adverts at a higher rate.

By targetting the football club which has the highest propertion of web-connected supporters I'd say he's doing a pretty good job of achieving his objectives.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 25 Sep 2008 10:34

more the reason to ignore the twat

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 25 Sep 2008 10:46

...I quite like him.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Sep 2008 11:28

The thing is, I dont even know if this is his true opinion or if hes just wrote it as this "goal" has given him more reason to have a go at Reading football club. Seeing as everything he writes about Reading is just slagging us off, i just cannot take his opinion seriously anymore.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 Sep 2008 11:35

Dirk Gently By targetting the football club which has the highest propertion of web-connected supporters I'd say he's doing a pretty good job of achieving his objectives.

proportion :wink:

We really are middle class aren't we?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 25 Sep 2008 11:38

Does he honestly think that if a Reading player had said anything the ref would have changed his opinion? No, of course not. That being the case, how does he know no-one said anything? The comments coming from the club expressly stated that RFC never once said that it was a goal and should have stood. Coppell even said that he would agree to a replay if the League said it wanted one. It was the League who said that a replay was impossible.

Coppell and the club come out of this with more credibility than Oliver 'I hate Reading, even though I have no reason for doing so' Holt.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 25 Sep 2008 11:40

Dirk Gently
Bill Oddie's Beard

You're all forgetting what Mr Holt's job actually is.

It's not to produce a balanced view - it's to provoke controversy and get people talking about the Daily Mirror - and increasingly to get people going to the Mirror website so that their web readership statistics are better which lets them sell their web adverts at a higher rate.

By targetting the football club which has the highest propertion of web-connected supporters I'd say he's doing a pretty good job of achieving his objectives.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Only thing is I'm intrigued now as to what the idiot's wrote but don't want to increase their web traffic.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 25 Sep 2008 11:46

Oliver Holt is like Harold except he's boring the tits off everyone in a national newspaper rather than on an internet forum.

I find it astonishing that a national newspaper allows their colum inches to be wasted in this way over a petty personal vendetta.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Sep 2008 12:11

Fair points from Holt, can't understand why people are disagreeing with them. Anyone with a brain knows that was morally wrong, it was a shocking goal to accept and the players should be embarassed like I said before.

Who would accept a stolen present when it quite obviously IS stolen? Its ridiculous.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 25 Sep 2008 12:17

reading fans

155 posts