Team for Swansea

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Team for Swansea

by Scarface » 25 Sep 2008 17:37

hughsies no.1 i understand all this love for henry with his two goals and kissing the badge etc but no way should he be starting infront of kebe. against watford he was our main threat and at home he really excells. henry will get his chance, no doubt atall he should be on the bench but no way should kebe be droppeed!!!!

It's the Mass Sarr effect mate, don't get suckered in. One dribble and one step over a game, is far out weighed by the 88 mins of shite from Kebe. We don't just want a "threat" we want and need end product e.g. Glenn Little and Kebe ain't gonna deliver, hence why he was in the French Div 2.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Sep 2008 20:47

I just hope Marcus doesn't get injured as Fed is now at Southend for a month.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Sep 2008 21:46

Gordons Cumming I just hope Marcus doesn't get injured as Fed is now at Southend for a month.

Andersen will do for one sub appearance- we'll just recall Federici if worst comes to worst.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Sep 2008 22:38

Scarface
hughsies no.1 i understand all this love for henry with his two goals and kissing the badge etc but no way should he be starting infront of kebe. against watford he was our main threat and at home he really excells. henry will get his chance, no doubt atall he should be on the bench but no way should kebe be droppeed!!!!

It's the Mass Sarr effect mate, don't get suckered in. One dribble and one step over a game, is far out weighed by the 88 mins of shite from Kebe. We don't just want a "threat" we want and need end product e.g. Glenn Little and Kebe ain't gonna deliver, hence why he was in the French Div 2.

Someone is letting their hastily formed and preconceived opinion cloud their judgement there.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Sep 2008 18:26

On the BBC preview it says that, what with Harper having a little knock, Cisse is prepared to deputise. Who on here would prefer Boris to start instead of Kalife if the need arises?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Sep 2008 18:27

Archie's penalty On the BBC preview it says that, what with Harper having a little knock, Cisse is prepared to deputise. Who on here would prefer Boris to start instead of Kalife if the need arises?

'greed

Or he may stick Bikey in the middle and bring back Ingi...Would prefer Bikey to be at the back though.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Sep 2008 18:31

rg6royal
Archie's penalty On the BBC preview it says that, what with Harper having a little knock, Cisse is prepared to deputise. Who on here would prefer Boris to start instead of Kalife if the need arises?

'greed

Or he may stick Bikey in the middle and bring back Ingi...Would prefer Bikey to be at the back though.

Bikey in defence>Bikey in midfield>>>Cisse in defence>>>Bryn in defence>Bryn in midfield>>>>>>Cisse in midfield.

Though in fairness, I didn't mind Cisse in midfield until the Charlton match.

What about Sigurdsson? :lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Sep 2008 18:33

Interesting little piece on the Swansea website:

http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 93,00.html

Roberto ready for tough encounter

Roberto Martinez admits that tomorrow's trip to Reading will be one of the toughest to date for his Swansea City side.

Spirits in the camp are still high following Tuesday's Carling Cup success against Cardiff but Roberto knows that the next test at the Madejski, where Reading have a 100 per cent record this season, won't be easy.

"Certainly away from home, if you look at their record, this is our toughest test yet," he said.

"Reading are very strong at set-pieces and are a complete team who work hard for each other and never get exposed.

"They have experience all over the pitch with strikers any Premiership side would fight for.

"Without a doubt they are one of the favourites to go back up."

The Catalan was also full of praise for his opposite number in the Reading dugout, Steve Coppell, and he is looking forward at coming up against the experienced 53-year-old.

"Steve Coppell is a very impressive character who has a unique way of dealing with things," added Roberto.

"What he has done with Reading makes him an example to the rest of the British game.

"Time after time you hear managers complaining about a lack of money or a lack of names in their side.

"But he is the opposite to that; he knows the game inside out and he knows how to be competitive.

"Everything he does from a man-management point of view is genuine and he has great experience having been through difficult times.

"It will be great to come up against him because he is someone who I respect and admire."

Pablo

by Pablo » 26 Sep 2008 21:51

I´d like:

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Pearce
Armstrong

Kebe
Gunnarsson
Karacan
Shunt

Doyle
N Hunt

Subs: Andersen, Ingimarsson, Henry, Convey, Long.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Sep 2008 21:52

Pablo I´d like:

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Pearce
Armstrong

Kebe
Gunnarsson
Karacan
Shunt

Doyle
N Hunt

No place at all for Harps then?

Pablo

by Pablo » 26 Sep 2008 22:06

Archie's penalty
Pablo I´d like:

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Pearce
Armstrong

Kebe
Gunnarsson
Karacan
Shunt

Doyle
N Hunt

No place at all for Harps then?

He has not been performing and picked up an ankle problem at Watford. Gunna had a very good game against Stoke.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 26 Sep 2008 22:47

I thought the Gun was still out of favor with the majority of people on here.BTW Oster was a good player.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2008 22:49

Royalshow I thought the Gun was still out of favor with the majority of people on here.BTW Oster was a good player.

The champ is Gunn's level, so I think most will be happy to see him back.

Oster was/is nothing more than an average player.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 27 Sep 2008 00:13

Seal
Negative_Jeff Given Pardew`s admission a few weeks ago that Swansea gave his team the runaround, I expect to see a contrast in styles on Saturday.
Coppell is expected to name an unchanged team from last week so I think the defence will play high up the pitch, with a narrow midfield in an attempt to get close to the opposition and break up their passing game.
Shame really, I wish it was the other way round.

How depressing that a team just releagted from the Premiership are worried about getting outpassed by a team just promoted from League 1.

Who's to say they are? What I think you mean is "some guy who proudly admits to negativity is worried about..."

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 27 Sep 2008 02:34

Bryn has to start this one, without a doubt. Karacan out