Back from the game ~ Wolves

urz_1871

Re: for the few that went to Wolves

by urz_1871 » 01 Oct 2008 06:56

We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side of the stand.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Oct 2008 07:02

was there any Easy chants ?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game ~ Wolves

by Scarface » 01 Oct 2008 09:00

Awsome performance, especially second half. After 9 games it finally looks like Coppell has found a starting 11 that has enough pace, passion, energy, quality and steel to mount a promotion challenge.

Good bye Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita, you won't be missed.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Oct 2008 09:12

Brilliant performance! I was worried we were in for a mediocre season of decent home form and diabolical away form, but to win potentially our toughest match 3-0, after Wolves 7-game win streak - excellent, top stuff.

As for Harper - he now has to earn his place back in the side, I hope Coppell resists the temptation to replace Karacan when James is fit.

And pleased that Bikey is showing what an asset he can be to this side. Potential captain in a couple of years, imho, if we are lucky enough to hold on to him.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Oct 2008 09:19

Bollox. Apologies, at school and comps are slow.

Peace
Last edited by rfcjoe on 01 Oct 2008 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Oct 2008 09:19

We know what Coppell is like though for putting his faves back in(and this fave is his fooking captain!) so i expect harps to be back playing negatively again sooner rather than l8er.

Karacan. 8) 8) 8)

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Oct 2008 09:19

You can say that again.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 01 Oct 2008 09:21

Of their 10 shots on goal, only 2 required a decent save from Marcus.. One on a break from a Reading corner, which they should have scored. And 1 at the very end, which he tipped over. The other 8 all either trickled to him, or went straight at him.

It could have been 6 to be honest. And the first handball was a definite penalty :-)

Bossed the midfied, snubbed out their forwards and Kevin Doyle is playing out of skin. What a bit of confidence can do to a lad! Brilliant... I'm in a very good mood today..

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 01 Oct 2008 09:34

Scarface Good bye Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita, you won't be missed.
Feb 1st: Welcome back Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita. Please help us make up for the loss of Stephen Hunt, Jem Karacan and Kevin Doyle.

I'm not overly pesimistic, but lets not put all our eggs in one basket - keep playing like this and some of our players will be serious targets, and I include Jem because he's young enough for someone to take a gamble if he's kept his place and continued improving at the rate he is.

I hope we're top by Christmas and everyone has a rethink and decides they want to stay for the cause, but until Feb 1st I'm staying cautious.

Shevchenko

by Shevchenko » 01 Oct 2008 09:40

With all pre-season anxiety now behind us, is anyone else starting to think that when we get the ball on the floor and start really using the pace and talent we have, we seem almost unstoppable? At home, we barely look like conceding a goal, let alone taking less than 3 points. Then last night, we went to league leaders Wolves and hammered them 3-0 at Molineux. Not many teams will take a point from Wolves at home this season, if their early form's anything to go by, let alone 3. And what a time for that game to happen. Just as we were all starting to think we would be relying on our home form this season.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 01 Oct 2008 09:41

Not many teams will demolish Wolves in their backyard like we did last night.
We played very well and as a fan it was great to see RFC play as well as we know they can away.
I'm very tired.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
If we beat Burnley, we can look at 10 games and go yeah, that's a good start.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 Oct 2008 09:43

TommyF
Scarface Good bye Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita, you won't be missed.
Feb 1st: Welcome back Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita. Please help us make up for the loss of Stephen Hunt, Jem Karacan and Kevin Doyle

Both under contract and, as far as I'm aware, neither hae a release clause in their contract. As such, we won't be selling either in the January window unless a) we're nowhere near the playoffs or b) we get offered silly money.

If someone wants to offer £12 million for Doyle then more fool them - and whilst I wouldn't be happy to see him go, I'm sure we could get a very decent replacement for that amount of cash (especially if we are pushing for promotion).

As for Hunt - if the £5 million clause is true then it's possible he will leave in January - but whilst a club bidding £5 million will be allowed to speak to him he might not choose to go. As such, he's the only one of the three to worry abhout IMO.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Oct 2008 09:51

TommyF
Feb 1st: Welcome back Bobby Convey, James Harper and Leroy Lita. Please help us make up for the loss of Stephen Hunt, Jem Karacan and Kevin Doyle.

I'm not overly pesimistic, but lets not put all our eggs in one basket - keep playing like this and some of our players will be serious targets, and I include Jem because he's young enough for someone to take a gamble if he's kept his place and continued improving at the rate he is.

I hope we're top by Christmas and everyone has a rethink and decides they want to stay for the cause, but until Feb 1st I'm staying cautious.

Karacan won't be going anywhere in January.

Anyway, rather than go all hand-wringing (which is tempting I admit) we should take pride in the fact that our players may be attracting serious interest from PL clubs again, and just enjoy the entertainment they are providing at the moment.

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 01 Oct 2008 10:17

No mention on our "forth" goal...did anyone at the game see this little incident?

"Was It only me , but from where I sat in the Billy Q it seemed that Reading had a goal' over the line ' just before Keogh's miss at the other end. They say things equal themselves out in Football." - http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=32065

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Oct 2008 10:20

Far from the royal crowds No mention on our "forth" goal...did anyone at the game see this little incident?

"Was It only me , but from where I sat in the Billy Q it seemed that Reading had a goal' over the line ' just before Keogh's miss at the other end. They say things equal themselves out in Football." - http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=32065

Yeah and the fourth goal

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 01 Oct 2008 10:20

Mike Hunt was there any Easy chants ?

of course

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 01 Oct 2008 10:35

rfcjoe
Far from the royal crowds No mention on our "forth" goal...did anyone at the game see this little incident?

Yeah and the fourth goal

My laptop was just attacked and two Trojans removed when I opened that link. Beware.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 01 Oct 2008 10:40

Great performance. Mostly solid. Little Jem ran his socks off, and his passing was remarkably better.
Kebe was brilliant. Could beat anyone for fun! Away fans, full of cheer as always, except the woman next to me (Not Mrs BF) who insisted on calling Boris, Brian!

Oh, and we got back to leicester for last orders too. Bonus!

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 01 Oct 2008 10:51

Badger Finger Great performance. Mostly solid. Little Jem ran his socks off, and his passing was remarkably better.
Kebe was brilliant. Could beat anyone for fun! Away fans, full of cheer as always, except the woman next to me (Not Mrs BF) who insisted on calling Boris, Brian!

Oh, and we got back to leicester for last orders too. Bonus!

Shirley that was a joke? The PA guy called him Brian Gunnarsson so we were all calling him Brian where I was sat.

Crowthorne Royal

by Crowthorne Royal » 01 Oct 2008 10:53

What a great performance. After having watched 3 out of our first 4 away games I was a little nervous of a beating by a side with 7 straight wins. However, from the ouset our defending was resolute and our attacking at times (Particularly in the 2nd half) was sublime.

We played as a real team & it was amazing how the back five (the rock on which our win was based IMO) looked just like....
Hanny/Murty/Ingi/Sonks/Shorey - the solid five of our amazing 106 points season.

Hanny was as reliable as ever and looked supremely confident in the four in front of him
Rosenior for me had his best game in a Reading shirt snuffing out their winger Jarvis.
Armstrong has grown in every single game I've seen and again was outstanding at left back, dealing with the tricky Kightly pretty well.
Bikey - Solid as a rock and so dangerous going forward!
Ingi - Will this guys levels ever drop ? Lacks a bit of pace, but has so much nous.

The rest of the team also shone with Steve Hunt looking like a certainty to leave us in jan if he continues playing like he is....Unless of course we are top of the league ?

The one bad thing for me was being sat with all The Wolves fans. Corporate tickets through my wife's job, free, so hard to say no to, but to not be able to celebrate this fantastic win was unbearable at times!! :oops:

I have to say also I thought No.13 were very quiet tonight. Got going at 2-0 up but before that it sounded very quiet. Wolves fans who are reknowned for berating their players actually sang all night, well up until 2-0 anyway & then they started to stream out.

A wonderful night that really gives me hope that a new team is forming that could take us back to The Prem. Will we become the new 'Boing, boing Baggies' ? :)