Back from the game ~ Wolves

Negative_Jeff

Re: Back from the game ~ Wolves

by Negative_Jeff » 01 Oct 2008 10:57

For the first time this season that was an excellent "all round" team performance, disciplined, every player knew his job, and after the game was won we played some great stuff.

As for the opposition, well, with the possible exception of Ipswich, the best I have seen this season has been Dag & Red. With the early departure of their best player Wolves simply became too predictable.

In fairness to peckhamwolf, the Yam Yam support does seem to have mellowed since 2003.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 01 Oct 2008 11:07

Got back from the game last night, but was too tired and bewildered to come on here!!

Despite having a good feeling all of yesterday, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would perform so well against a team doing so well!! From start to finish we were sensational. The defence were as solid as a rock, and the fowards aided by the wingers were causing the Wolves defence all sorts of problems! Having had 3 shots cleared off the line and hitting the post twice, the convincing win was no more than we deserved against a poor Wolves side, who's fans were basically doing our job for us in regards to putting our opponents off!

I noticed they always had two players on Kebe when he had the ball at his feet, this left Rosenior free however to plant the balls in. This has got to be testament to how well Jimmy's come along, and I have no doubt that with experience he will be a vital player for us!

Special mention to the inbred dingles and their 'handball' chants, and to the Baggies fan that was sitting near me!

Cracking performance from the team, good performance from Number 13 and an away day that I will remember for a long long time!!

Here's to pushing on and winning the title!!

URZZZZZZZZ

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Oct 2008 11:09

we want 107,i said we want 107

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 01 Oct 2008 11:09

weybridgewanderer
Son of Len
Wolverhampton Reading
Goals : 0 3
Shots On Target : 10 3

3 shots on target and 3 goals? The radio suggested we had at least 2 shots cleared of the line

so is that 3 shots on target on top of the 3 goals or did we really score with our only shots on target?

Thats wrong I'm sure.

I can only remember Hahnemann making 4 saves. 3 tame shots that went straight to him and one half decent save when we were already 3-0 up. For us, we had 3 off the line and hit the post a couple of times.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 01 Oct 2008 11:11

John 3:16
Badger Finger Great performance. Mostly solid. Little Jem ran his socks off, and his passing was remarkably better.
Kebe was brilliant. Could beat anyone for fun! Away fans, full of cheer as always, except the woman next to me (Not Mrs BF) who insisted on calling Boris, Brian!

Oh, and we got back to leicester for last orders too. Bonus!

Shirley that was a joke? The PA guy called him Brian Gunnarsson so we were all calling him Brian where I was sat.

Doh! Missed that. We only got in just before the goal!

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 01 Oct 2008 11:12

URZZZZZZZZ
weybridgewanderer
Son of Len
Wolverhampton Reading
Goals : 0 3
Shots On Target : 10 3

3 shots on target and 3 goals? The radio suggested we had at least 2 shots cleared of the line

so is that 3 shots on target on top of the 3 goals or did we really score with our only shots on target?

Thats wrong I'm sure.

I can only remember Hahnemann making 4 saves. 3 tame shots that went straight to him and one half decent save when we were already 3-0 up. For us, we had 3 off the line and hit the post a couple of times.

Hitting the post is not on target. HTH.

fool

by fool » 01 Oct 2008 11:13

Its great to hear Gunnarsson is back on form!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Oct 2008 11:16

Well, well, well. That was a game i thought i wouldn't see this season. I was only expecting a draw at best if we were lucky. Bad away form, Wolves unbeaten. Just goes to show - what do i know!!. good to have that feeling back when i walk out of the ground with a wry smile on my face.

Good to see such wide wing play, taking the ball down the line and tucking in behind their defence. Thought N Hunt, Kebe and Doyle linked up well. Gunner solid game and we certainly need that strength in the air and his height. Karacan was slightly more influential and seems to be settling in, though slight loss of concentration did open us up. Kebe tracked back and was the telling factor on a number of occasions.

Walking back with the Wovles support to my car was interesting but uneventful. :mrgreen:

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by URZZZZZZZZ » 01 Oct 2008 11:18

Well no, however it illustrates our domincance that those stats do not suggest.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 01 Oct 2008 11:24

royalexile Well, well, well. That was a game i thought i wouldn't see this season. I was only expecting a draw at best if we were lucky. Bad away form, Wolves unbeaten. Just goes to show - what do i know!!. good to have that feeling back when i walk out of the ground with a wry smile on my face.

Good to see such wide wing play, taking the ball down the line and tucking in behind their defence. Thought N Hunt, Kebe and Doyle linked up well. Gunner solid game and we certainly need that strength in the air and his height. Karacan was slightly more influential and seems to be settling in, though slight loss of concentration did open us up. Kebe tracked back and was the telling factor on a number of occasions.

Walking back with the Wovles support to my car was interesting but uneventful. :mrgreen:

no better feeling in the world, walking out of an away end after giving a trouncing like that

worth all the away day failures in the last year?

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 01 Oct 2008 11:53

Challisman Bloody brilliant, first game in 3 years since stewarding the Plymouth defeat!
Stuck in the Yam Yam's end with 3 Wolverhamton regulars who drink in my pub. Drove me there and back & they paid £30 quid for the privilage of getting me in.

Just wish I was with the boys.

I will upload my phone vid of the 3rd goal when I've finished cashing up the tills (In The New Inn in Worcester) a somewhat muted celebration you will understand.

Fu(king come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the New Inn on Ombersley Road?

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 01 Oct 2008 13:36

Norfolk Royal
rfcjoe
Far from the royal crowds No mention on our "forth" goal...did anyone at the game see this little incident?

"Was It only me , but from where I sat in the Billy Q it seemed that Reading had a goal' over the line ' just before Keogh's miss at the other end. They say things equal themselves out in Football." - http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=32065

Yeah and the fourth goal

My laptop was just attacked and two Trojans removed when I opened that link. Beware.

Sorry about that, but thanks for the warning. I'm running a check on my pc now.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Oct 2008 16:01

Got back at 2am last night :wink:
I just read Harry Carry's comments on the traffic and you were right mate. I got into the stadium about 2 minutes before kick off :roll:
Anyway,We played very well and we held the centre of the park all game long.

Ratings :

USA - 7
Armstrong 7 - Played well and is a great replacement.
Rosenior 8 - Defended and attacked well
Ivar 8 - Kept Ebanks-Blake at bay
Bikey 9 - Well our Man of the Match. Good goal,good play.
S.Hunt 9 - Put the balls into the box all day long.
Kebe 7 - Out paced most of the Wolves players
Karacan 7 - Very good young player who stood up well last night
Gunnarson 7 - A solid display.Looks better at this level than in the Premier League
Doyle 7 - His effort was fantastic. Not many shots on goal though.
N.Hunt 7 - Not involved as much as in recent games

Subs

Cisse 7 - Good run into box to create the goal
Long 7 - Plays better coming of the bench tbh.
Henry 5 - Didn't see much

And who said Wolves fans have good voice?

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 01 Oct 2008 17:54

Handball!

Only my second match of the season, glad I mate the effort to go though!

Hahnemann - 7. Didn't really have a lot to do, but made a great save towards the end, tipping the ball over the bar.
Rosenior - 8. Worked tirelessly up and down the right, getting in positions to put crosses in, but always getting back too.
Bikey - 9. Made only one mistake that I saw, but was absolutely brilliant heading the ball away and making good moves in the box with corners. My man of the match.
Ingimarsson - 8. Did the same as Bikey, but didn't score. Solid defending.
Armstrong - 8. First time I've seen him, and was very impressed. Won almost everything that went towards him, and kept Kightly/Vokes quiet.
Kebe - 7. Looked very skillful, but at times lost possession needlessly.
Karacan - 8. Just kept going!
Gunnarson - 8. Same as Karacan.
S. Hunt - 8. Looked very quick, and skinned their defence a good few times. Put in some excellent crosses.
N. Hunt - 7. Worked very hard all night, chased everything down.
Doyle - 8. Wore their defence out, made a lot of good moves.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 01 Oct 2008 18:20

Royal Rother I logged onto the BBC online stats after 10 minutes and it said 78% possession Reading as well as 1-0. I nearly fell in my beer.

your either really small, or u were drinking out of a grundon :lol:

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 01 Oct 2008 19:26

HANDBALL!

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 01 Oct 2008 19:51

I didn't go to the game but it sounded fantastic.

For me, special mention for Gunnar - he's played most of three games in a week (with reserves last week) and seems to have tightened us up in the middle. To be honest I hadn't realised we were missing him. But I'm becoming much more of a fan - I just love the effort and the honest way he plays the game. More!

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 01 Oct 2008 19:57

I`m surprised there hasn`t been an uproar regarding N Hunts header that was cleared from BEHIND the line as clearly seen on the meridians brief highlights tonight

Cookie

by Cookie » 01 Oct 2008 19:59

Readingfanman I think we have a great chance of going up. I really do.

We do!!

Challisman

by Challisman » 01 Oct 2008 20:00

Old Biscuitman
Challisman Bloody brilliant, first game in 3 years since stewarding the Plymouth defeat!
Stuck in the Yam Yam's end with 3 Wolverhamton regulars who drink in my pub. Drove me there and back & they paid £30 quid for the privilage of getting me in.

Just wish I was with the boys.

I will upload my phone vid of the 3rd goal when I've finished cashing up the tills (In The New Inn in Worcester) a somewhat muted celebration you will understand.

Fu(king come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the New Inn on Ombersley Road?
[/quote]

It most certaily is my man :wink: