dave mooney

irish man

dave mooney

by irish man » 05 Oct 2008 21:23

hey lads, i am not a reading fan, but just wondering how dave mooney is doing over there, has he even got a game yet?

Cookie

Re: dave mooney

by Cookie » 05 Oct 2008 21:27

No. He's come on late in two of our League Cup matches. He looked lively against Luton Town.
He's going to have to wait his turn because our forward line is really hot right now.

superroyaldude

by superroyaldude » 05 Oct 2008 21:28

He has a good reputation and it sounds like he will do well in the champ, if doyle leaves come jan

sounds like a strong addition, his 24th birthday end of this month

irish man

by irish man » 05 Oct 2008 21:35

yeah he is a good player, he was better over here than doyle was so it looks good for him, i hope he does well

superroyaldude

by superroyaldude » 05 Oct 2008 21:40

better than Doyler??? thats a big compliment...

irish man

by irish man » 05 Oct 2008 21:45

yeah its sort of funny because in doyles first game in irish football he was booed off the pitch and then a few weeks later the manager left st patricks athletic and brought doyle to cork with him and as you no thats where he made his name but yeah mooney had a better record than him at cork

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Oct 2008 22:16

That's really interesting Irishman, thanks for the info.

Have you seen the two play? Can you compare relative strengths and weaknesses for us please?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 05 Oct 2008 22:20

If Mooney is better than Doyle then blimey we have a good striker on our hands...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Oct 2008 22:25

You know what... something has told me from the moment we signed him this guy is going to be awesome.

Probably just because he's Irish but I wouldn't be surprised if the lad is a Doyle with some height, like a mixture of Doyle and Kitson!

Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away, but I'm quite excited about the fella.

I can just see Coppell doing his usual thing of buy someone unheard-of ---> hide him and kill all expectation whilst applying his magic Coppell-touch to him secretly in training over a few weeks ---> nonchalantly introduce him to the first team when we've all pretty much forgotten about him and watch him become a star...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Oct 2008 22:28

It's either that or he never gets a game and ends up next season on loan to Brentford.

kermit

by kermit » 05 Oct 2008 23:00

Was over in Cork on holiday saw them play Bohemians , Mooney is definately not the finished article and from the one game i saw will need some help to slot staight into a top of the table forward line . I may have been misled as he might have been playing wide right or he just drifted out that way . Hard to see how he scored so many goals from the position he was playing , but the standard of football conidering Bohemians are top was not a lot better than conference .

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 05 Oct 2008 23:34

kermit Was over in Cork on holiday saw them play Bohemians , Mooney is definately not the finished article and from the one game i saw will need some help to slot staight into a top of the table forward line . I may have been misled as he might have been playing wide right or he just drifted out that way . Hard to see how he scored so many goals from the position he was playing , but the standard of football conidering Bohemians are top was not a lot better than conference .

that's utter rubbish, if you want judge a league by ome game it shows what a bonehead you are

the top 5 in ireland would compete in the championship, st patricks athletic, bohemians, derry, cork and drogheda, their results in europe prove this...if you want i can list their results but hopefully you're already eating humble pie

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 05 Oct 2008 23:46

Gus the teenage cow
kermit Was over in Cork on holiday saw them play Bohemians , Mooney is definately not the finished article and from the one game i saw will need some help to slot staight into a top of the table forward line . I may have been misled as he might have been playing wide right or he just drifted out that way . Hard to see how he scored so many goals from the position he was playing , but the standard of football conidering Bohemians are top was not a lot better than conference .

that's utter rubbish, if you want judge a league by ome game it shows what a bonehead you are

the top 5 in ireland would compete in the championship, st patricks athletic, bohemians, derry, cork and drogheda, their results in europe prove this...if you want i can list their results but hopefully you're already eating humble pie

Irish football is roughly equivalent to the Conference - you aren't going to argue with that are you?

irish man

by irish man » 05 Oct 2008 23:52

Handsome Man
Irish football is roughly equivalent to the Conference - you aren't going to argue with that are you?

thats a ridiculous statement, the top 2 would easily compete in the championship, pats drew with hertha berlin in the first round of the uefa cup last week and they should have won 4-0,

bohemians are quality at the moment would definitly hold their own in the championship,

3rd 4th and 5th would do well in league 1

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Oct 2008 01:50

Sorry Irish Man I have watched Irish football and whilst there are some good players it is at best Div one standerd. Look at Joe Gambe he is the best player in the Irish league yet he was total crap here.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Oct 2008 07:46

irish man
Handsome Man

thats a ridiculous statement, the top 2 would easily compete in the championship, pats drew with hertha berlin in the first round of the uefa cup last week and they should have won 4-0,

Exeter drew 0-0 with Man U at Old Trafford.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 06 Oct 2008 07:51

Platypuss
irish man
Handsome Man

:D

irish man

by irish man » 06 Oct 2008 21:39

Jackson Corner it is at best Div one standerd. Look at Joe Gambe he is the best player in the Irish league yet he was total crap here.

gamble wouldnt be in the top 5 best players in the league, keith fahey is by far the best, yous will see him next year he should be in the premiership by then and hopefully reading will go up,

Platypuss

there is a massive difference between uniteds 3rd strenght team in the league cup and herthas first team in the first round of the uefa cup

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Oct 2008 21:54

irish man
Jackson Corner it is at best Div one standerd. Look at Joe Gambe he is the best player in the Irish league yet he was total crap here.

gamble wouldnt be in the top 5 best players in the league, keith fahey is by far the best, yous will see him next year he should be in the premiership by then and hopefully reading will go up.[quote="Platypuss"]

Lets buy keith fahey to add to our irish collection

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 06 Oct 2008 21:55

Irish players arn't known to be exactly the best footballers around but I think we have found a few gems :)