Leave Shane alone.

166 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Leave Shane alone.

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2008 17:39

Some of the boring negative oxf*rd on this board seem to have forgotten what Long has done for the club considering his minimal transfer fee and low wages.

Leave him alone.

That is all.

bottom left hand corner

Re: Leave Shane alone.

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Oct 2008 17:44

I’ve never said anything bad against him since he has arrived.

But one thing is he does not start a game well, but when he comes on he is so affective.

But i can't see him staying long if that’s all he gets.

sucatraps

by sucatraps » 07 Oct 2008 17:48

'greed, when Coppell, (who seems to understand these things) stops picking him or finds him surplus to requirements, then his detractors might have a point! :shock:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Oct 2008 17:57

bottom left hand corner I’ve never said anything bad against him since he has arrived.

But one thing is he does not start a game well, but when he comes on he is so affective.

Shane Long coming on said not Oooh get her! Whoops! I've got your number ducky. You couldn't afford me, dear. Two three. I'd scratch your eyes out. Don't come the brigadier bit with us, dear, we all know where you've been, you military fairy. Whoops, don't look now girls the major's just minced in with that dolly colour sergeant, two, three, ooh-ho!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2008 18:02

Uke
bottom left hand corner I’ve never said anything bad against him since he has arrived.

Shane Long coming on said not Oooh get her! Whoops! I've got your number ducky. You couldn't afford me, dear. Two three. I'd scratch your eyes out. Don't come the brigadier bit with us, dear, we all know where you've been, you military fairy. Whoops, don't look now girls the major's just minced in with that dolly colour sergeant, two, three, ooh-ho!

I wondered similarly on the Long spell of the epoch post relegation, if there was a time beforehand I think maybe Kitson. Boots are a factor I know but it's Lita sometimes not scoring the other end of the pitch it's odd really perhaps Sir Steve doesn't even know however. Nevertheless it's nothing new compared to last season when we could've detached the slightest control from set pieces in this monstrous league some call League 1 but actually isn't. There's sometimes too much of that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Oct 2008 18:12

winchester_royal Some of the boring negative oxf*rd on this board seem to have forgotten what Long has done for the club considering his minimal transfer fee and low wages.

Leave him alone.

That is all.

Fair point.

I guess the guy has scored the odd goal, come on as sub several times to score etc.

I think the negativity isn't directed at him per se it's more that he has often been chosen to start above players like Nunt, Lita etc and that's confused us because although he's not bad he's no starter (at the mo).

Perhaps it's also that no-one really considered him a player in his own right but more a travelling-buddy for Doyle. :P

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Oct 2008 18:13

winchester_royal Some of the boring negative oxf*rd on this board seem to have forgotten what Long has done for the club considering his minimal transfer fee and low wages.

Leave him alone.

That is all.

Totally agree

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Oct 2008 18:15

It's certainly nice to know that Shane's mum posts on here.

ShinPad

by ShinPad » 07 Oct 2008 18:25

I agree and disagree in equal measure

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 07 Oct 2008 18:27

No. He is awful. I'll still support him as much as any other Reading player at the match but that doesn't disguise him being League 1 at best.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 07 Oct 2008 18:27

ShinPad I agree and disagree in equal measure

How can you do that? :?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 07 Oct 2008 18:36

Shane is a good young international striker who should be keep at the club.

Fox5

by Fox5 » 07 Oct 2008 19:21

Does anyone know how many time's Long has come off the bench and scored to get us a draw or win the game?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Oct 2008 19:23

earleyroyal No. He is awful. I'll still support him as much as any other Reading player at the match but that doesn't disguise him being League 1 at best.

Funny how 2 well respected managers in Coppell and Trappatoni see him as a quality player then.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Oct 2008 19:26

Nothing wrong with Shane. One of the best westerns ever made.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Oct 2008 19:27

winchester_royal
earleyroyal No. He is awful. I'll still support him as much as any other Reading player at the match but that doesn't disguise him being League 1 at best.

Funny how 2 well respected managers in Coppell and Trappatoni see him as a quality player then.

3 consecutive england managers have played Gerrard and Lampard in the same midfield. You're point is?

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 07 Oct 2008 19:30

I wondered similarly on the Long spell of the epoch post relegation, if there was a time beforehand I think maybe Kitson. Boots are a factor I know but it's Lita sometimes not scoring the other end of the pitch it's odd really perhaps Sir Steve doesn't even know however. Nevertheless it's nothing new compared to last season when we could've detached the slightest control from set pieces in this monstrous league some call League 1 but actually isn't. There's sometimes too much of that.

Did you type this in Russian and subsequently go to freewebtranslation.com?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Oct 2008 19:46

Shane's biggest fault is that, when he's bad he's never quite as bad as Lita has been for nearly 2 years and, therefore, he gets picked ahead of The Largely Useless Leroy......................... Lita's fan club don't like that. The end.

superroyaldude

by superroyaldude » 07 Oct 2008 20:04

hes young and learning

thats all

back off, theres no need to make a fuss

79Royal

by 79Royal » 07 Oct 2008 20:07

Shane Long is great until he gets the ball at his feet in the final third of the pitch. Then he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

That said, he works hard and managed to get himself in the right position for his goal against Burnley. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, but I wouldn't want to rely on Long to cover Doyle or Nhunt for too long.

166 posts