LoanWatch for season 2008/2009

650 posts
Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: LoanWatch for season 2008/2009

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Oct 2008 20:20

rg6royal
SCIAG
rg6royal I'm pretty sure that all the players we have out on loan will never play for the club again. Bar Lita (maybe)

I dunno, Federici stands every chance, and if Kelly is making the bench then Robson-Kanu and Davies could too.

Ah Federici will be our next number one. No one else though. I don't see why Kelly is on the bench tbh. Rather have Pearce who can play centre half and right back.(even centre mid if called upon)

Mmm, I think Kelly looks far to lightweight.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Oct 2008 20:22

And he looks so young!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 04 Oct 2008 22:01

rg6royal
SCIAG
rg6royal I'm pretty sure that all the players we have out on loan will never play for the club again. Bar Lita (maybe)

I dunno, Federici stands every chance, and if Kelly is making the bench then Robson-Kanu and Davies could too.

Ah Federici will be our next number one. No one else though. I don't see why Kelly is on the bench tbh. Rather have Pearce who can play centre half and right back.(even centre mid if called upon)

Coppell tends to go for versatile players on the bench. Kelly can play RB, LB, RM, LM. Prob why Cisse was on the bench ahead of Harper.

Agree on federici. Think he will be our number one next season.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Oct 2008 22:02

Is Harper fit yet?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 04 Oct 2008 22:08

rg6royal Is Harper fit yet?

He was fit and available for selection today.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 04 Oct 2008 22:27

Scott Davies scored a penalty for Aldershot today.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Oct 2008 22:51

cisse on the bench cos hes come on and done well in the last week, and scored a goal midweek
just being fair and consistent
harps and marek must wait their turn, and wait for injury or a loss of form/loss of game

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Oct 2008 14:32

Watched the Notts V Brentford game last night, and Hamer was outstanding, making several brilliant saves and looking very assured.

Also, having read what, and heard what what Bees fans think of him it seems we have quite a prospect on our hands.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Oct 2008 15:09

winchester_royal Watched the Notts V Brentford game last night, and Hamer was outstanding, making several brilliant saves and looking very assured.

Also, having read what, and heard what what Bees fans think of him it seems we have quite a prospect on our hands.

Heard only good things about him so far and supposedly Andersen is also pretty sharp, add to that the fact that Federici seems pretty useful and we would appear to be well served for keepers with the only issue currently being that they are mainly inexperienced.....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 14 Oct 2008 15:14

Barry the bird boggler
winchester_royal Watched the Notts V Brentford game last night, and Hamer was outstanding, making several brilliant saves and looking very assured.

Heard only good things about him so far and supposedly Andersen is also pretty sharp, add to that the fact that Federici seems pretty useful and we would appear to be well served for keepers with the only issue currently being that they are mainly inexperienced.....

Therefore for me there is an aregument that we should be looking at replacing USA ASAP. Love the guy, but his age is starting to show, and I don't think he'll be up for another Prem season if we get promoted.

Copps should look to play Fed from now till end of the season IMO.

Hamer is getting a full season of footie at Bretford, and the good thing about sending goalkeepers on loan is that it does not really matter what level they play at.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 14 Oct 2008 15:20

Is Hamer on a short or long term loan?

We certainly seem to have 2 very good young keepers, which is all good for the future.

I have seen Anderson a couple of times and was not very impressed to say the least. I can't see him getting past emergency cover on the bench.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Oct 2008 16:08

winchester_royal Therefore for me there is an aregument that we should be looking at replacing USA ASAP. Love the guy, but his age is starting to show, and I don't think he'll be up for another Prem season if we get promoted.

Hamer is getting a full season of footie at Bretford, and the good thing about sending goalkeepers on loan is that it does not really matter what level they play at.

Disagree he has made a couple of crucial saves this year. Away at Wolves when it was 1-0 and Against Sheffield Wednesday when it was 2-0 to name a few. Next year I don't think he should be between the posts but his good form has continued since the latter half of last season.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 14 Oct 2008 16:15

Archie's penalty
winchester_royal Therefore for me there is an aregument that we should be looking at replacing USA ASAP. Love the guy, but his age is starting to show, and I don't think he'll be up for another Prem season if we get promoted.

Disagree he has made a couple of crucial saves this year. Away at Wolves when it was 1-0 and Against Sheffield Wednesday when it was 2-0 to name a few. Next year I don't think he should be between the posts but his good form has continued since the latter half of last season.

He has made some good saves, and that is because he is a quality keeper, however his lack of reflexes shown when Burnley scored their goal indicate that he is slowing down.

I'm not saying that putting in Fed now would be an improvement, but it is necessary IMO for the sake of Fed's development, and our long term future.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Oct 2008 16:22

winchester_royal
Archie's penalty

He has made some good saves, and that is because he is a quality keeper, however his lack of reflexes shown when Burnley scored their goal indicate that he is slowing down.

I'm not saying that putting in Fed now would be an improvement, but it is necessary IMO for the sake of Fed's development, and our long term future.

I think we can wait until the end of the season. But we'll see. If things change considerably for the worse than why not put Afed in...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Oct 2008 18:08

Surely the reason we sent Fed on loan was to sharpen him up and to keep him match ready. He is likely to be USA's long term replacement but cannot see this happening yet barring long term injury.

If we look like being promoted I can see Fed being first choice for the last 10/15 games this season to make sure he is up to being first choice in the PL - but I fully expect USA to be given a one year extension just in case.

If we fail to get promoted, however, the chances are that USA will leave at the end of the season and we will have Fed and Hamer as first and second choice.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 14 Oct 2008 18:59

Would love to see Fed the Number one soon...

chandog

by chandog » 14 Oct 2008 19:22

if USA were to leave we would bring in a replacement
cant see coppell being satisfied with fed and hamer/andersen in either the prem or the championship

but then i cant see USA getting any better offers than what he has at reading
he is getting on a bit and has never really had interest from other clubs so i cant see why this would change in the short term future

would love to see camp from qpr brought in to replace USA when he retires

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Oct 2008 19:26

chandog if USA were to leave we would bring in a replacement
cant see coppell being satisfied with fed and hamer/andersen in either the prem or the championship

he is getting on a bit and has never really had interest from other clubs so i cant see why this would change in the short term future

It would definitely be nice to get an experienced replacement in.

I haven't seen much of this guy Camp but he seems to be highly rated and he has four years championship level experience which is probably the main thing.

chandog

by chandog » 14 Oct 2008 19:50

Archie's penalty
chandog if USA were to leave we would bring in a replacement

It would definitely be nice to get an experienced replacement in.

I haven't seen much of this guy Camp but he seems to be highly rated and he has four years championship level experience which is probably the main thing.

he has also been involved in the england U21s
this only improves his reputation and makes him a definite target as qpr are willing to let him go

bikey_is_god!

by bikey_is_god! » 14 Oct 2008 19:59

USA said (pre-season) that he'd like to join the new Seattle team, so i think he'll be going in the summer...
I'm not sure about Andersen, but Fed is definitely good enough to step up to the plate

650 posts