Will Marek get in?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Will Marek get in?

by Millsy » 15 Oct 2008 19:35

Everything's fine at the moment.

If things go a bit tits up I'd first introduce Harper.

If things still continue tits up then I'd bring in Marek.

No point chaning the current team.

Has to be said though I really can't see much battle in midfield if we're only going to play Harper and Marek.

Pablo

by Pablo » 15 Oct 2008 20:10

Gunnar is injured. He was taken off on 26th minute against Macedonia tonight.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Oct 2008 20:12

Pablo Gunnar is injured. He was taken off on 26th minute against Macedonia tonight.

All on 3..................FUKC!!!!!!!!!

The Faith Healer

by The Faith Healer » 17 Oct 2008 23:50

Marek's return from injury to full match fitness will be great news. There is no doubt that this lad is getting on for as good as we've ever had here, in terms of his talent and pedigree.

At the moment Coppell has a team that is winning and scoring goals. He won't easily change that, nor should he.

Gunnarsson seems to have come back crocked, there may be others less thaN 100% but I'd bet the boss would want to retain the same team from the last game as far as possible.

He may take a view on Harps / Jem, but it's about combinations here as much as it is with the England Lampard /Gerrard business and you sometimes risk eroding a successful style in trying to make a 1 for 1 swap.

The midfield at Reading is as competitive for places as it has been in my (far too long) memory.I've just had a jarring reminder of a few past "midfields" whose ineptitude, even through the flattering lens of nostalgia,is astounding.

Enough.

Marek should be good. I hope he's happy.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Oct 2008 12:30

From Despair To Where? I think Bryn is the undroppable player. He's not outstanding at ony one thing but has by far the best all round game of the four central midifielders. He can tackle, he can pick a pass, he's a threat at set pieces, he's pretty versatile and he has experience. I can see him making a decent partnership with any one of Harper, Matejovsky or Karacan because he posesses what the other three lack.

That's interesting.

I thought, according to certain experts here, that he was single handedly responsible for all 7 goals we conceded at Portsmouth and that, that was why all of our entirely blameless defence kept their places the following week whilst Bikey never left the bench.

The Faith Healer
The midfield at Reading is as competitive for places as it has been in my (far too long) memory.I've just had a jarring reminder of a few past "midfields" whose ineptitude, even through the flattering lens of nostalgia,is astounding.

I think you, Sir, need a reality check.

Our current squad might provide some modest competition in central midfield but everyone of these players knows they wouldn't get a look in if we had two Steve Sidwells.

Bryn isn't fit to lace Sidwell's boots and the latter's huge impact in the Premiership stands as testament.

Have a word with yourselves or, preferably, Huntley & Palmer.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 19 Oct 2008 00:08, edited 1 time in total.

reading-dave22

by reading-dave22 » 18 Oct 2008 15:51

If he earns his place back in the team I will be happy. If not its best for the team.