Rovers fan here

123 posts
Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rovers fan here

by Wax Jacket » 22 Oct 2008 14:46

Sun Tzu
Mad Dog's Ghost Each to their own. Personally, I was impressed by Rovers' passing game. Neat and effective, up until the final third. The reason they're struggling is a lack of cutting edge up front. If they had someone able to hold the ball up like Doyle and a finisher, they'd be fine.

If we had Lampard in midfield and Cech in goal we'd be still in the Premiership - but life's not like that.

If their manager hasn't spotted that goalscoring is a (the ?) fundamental part of the game then he doesn't deserve anything !

Cos I'm sure you'd be able to find just the player they're looking for in real life :|

They look like they make the most of what they've got which is quick young technically sound players. I think they could do with a dominant player at the back more than a striker really - mistakes happen in the Championship and they've got the pace to force them.

donnievic

by donnievic » 22 Oct 2008 15:59

Thought it was a good performance from us last night

Like i posted before the game didn't think we would come and put 10 men behind the ball and thought you would be fairly surprised with how well we pass untill we get to the final third then goes tits up.

Although alot of you thought you wern't at your best you pherhaps should have won by more with the chances you missed thought we did well with the difference in the wage bill between the 2 sides although we are in the same league there is a big gulf in terms of sum of the quality.

The free kick it was never a month in sunday's a foul maybe abit like ours,the penalty think Guy did get caught with leaving his back leg trailing but sum you get and others when having no luck at all you don't but the way the ref gave the free kick for the 1st goal he would of gave it at the other end.

Good set peice for the 1st goal which is what the main differance was between the sides as Reading put sum quality balls in the box and we have struggled all season with them.Of coursde Reading had sum other great chances which they missed and on other days it coul of been 4 or 5 but though we defended well on a whole thoughout the game.

Agree about the ref he was poor again booked James Chambers in the 1st half when he cleary won the ball and then in 2nd half when Pricey nicked it passed the defender to be clear down the wing hardly a word was said.

Otherall delighted with the performance and 100 times better than our last away game and probably best we have played since Birmingham

Also big thank you to Steve and Julie(part of the golden girls)LOL who we met in the World turned upside pub and had a good chat with and hope to see you up at the Keepmoat in Feb.Be back on before we play to let anyone know any questions where to go or park,all the best for rest of the season.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 22 Oct 2008 16:13

donnievic Thought it was a good performance from us last night

I was impressed, you really did come to play. Fans were also a good laugh, better songs than us (there's a shock) and decent showing for a 4 hour trip on a Tuesday night. Good luck staying up, from the showing last night, you deserve to.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Oct 2008 19:00

donnievic Thought it was a good performance from us last night

Like i posted before the game didn't think we would come and put 10 men behind the ball and thought you would be fairly surprised with how well we pass untill we get to the final third then goes tits up.

Although alot of you thought you wern't at your best you pherhaps should have won by more with the chances you missed thought we did well with the difference in the wage bill between the 2 sides although we are in the same league there is a big gulf in terms of sum of the quality.

The free kick it was never a month in sunday's a foul maybe abit like ours,the penalty think Guy did get caught with leaving his back leg trailing but sum you get and others when having no luck at all you don't but the way the ref gave the free kick for the 1st goal he would of gave it at the other end.

Good set peice for the 1st goal which is what the main differance was between the sides as Reading put sum quality balls in the box and we have struggled all season with them.Of coursde Reading had sum other great chances which they missed and on other days it coul of been 4 or 5 but though we defended well on a whole thoughout the game.

Agree about the ref he was poor again booked James Chambers in the 1st half when he cleary won the ball and then in 2nd half when Pricey nicked it passed the defender to be clear down the wing hardly a word was said.

Otherall delighted with the performance and 100 times better than our last away game and probably best we have played since Birmingham

Also big thank you to Steve and Julie(part of the golden girls)LOL who we met in the World turned upside pub and had a good chat with and hope to see you up at the Keepmoat in Feb.Be back on before we play to let anyone know any questions where to go or park,all the best for rest of the season.

It was a good performance from Donny last night.
Your passing was good but luckily for us your finish touch wasn't.

donnievic

by donnievic » 22 Oct 2008 19:01

TBH although you say were wern't at your best by no means i think you are up to yet the best team we have played this season apart from maybe Bristol City although we did create 4 or 5 decent chances against them where as you where pretty solid at the back even if we are not the best at creating chances.Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Your fans were quiet but i also put that down to there not being many away fans there although we did try a have a sing song,and like i said before the game i just wanted us to play well and enjoy the day,well we did enjoy it especially when we scored(not happened much this season) and to do it against a good team made it better.
Last edited by donnievic on 22 Oct 2008 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 22 Oct 2008 19:11

donnievic TBH although you say were wern't at your best by no means i think you are up to yet the best team we have played this season apart from maybe Bristol City although we did create 4 or 5 decent chances against them where as you where pretty solid at the back even if we are not the best at creating chances.

Your fans were quiet but i also put that down to there not being many away fans there although we did try a have a sing song,and like i said before the game i just wanted us to play well and enjoy the day,well we did enjoy it especially when we scored(not happened much this season) and to do it against a good team made it better.

i thought the donny fans were pretty good,considering the numbers.Reading are in no position to judge away teams followings.i like that song you were singing that ended something like 'all i care about,is watching donny'

donnievic

by donnievic » 22 Oct 2008 19:29

That one

We don't care about Rotherham
We don't care about Leeds
All we care about is DFRCCCCCC

1st sang it at Southend in play offs last season

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2pwa_Nm ... re=related

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 22 Oct 2008 19:34

That be the one.Sounded good from the opposite end of the ground.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 22 Oct 2008 20:52

Good performance by your boy's last night, good crisp passing and made RFC work hard. Reminded me a bit of Crewe. Look forwards to the trip to Donny later in the year, and I predict you will stay up. but then what do I know :)

LoyalRoversSupporter

by LoyalRoversSupporter » 23 Oct 2008 16:23

Not having a go at you lot but just watch this and have a look at the first free kick.

Now you tell me if there is any contact on your player for the first free kick

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/pag ... 55,00.html

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 23 Oct 2008 16:26

LoyalRoversSupporter Not having a go at you lot but just watch this and have a look at the first free kick.

What about your free kick that led to the equaliser :shock: Hunty clearly won the ball.
Plus Hunty moving the ball about ten yards to the right for the winner 8)
Ref was shocking for both teams.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2008 16:27

LoyalRoversSupporter Not having a go at you lot but just watch this and have a look at the first free kick.

link didnt work

LoyalRoversSupporter

by LoyalRoversSupporter » 23 Oct 2008 16:29

I someone told me about that moving the free kick so it was not directly infront of the goal.

To be honest though for ours its not like our player has dived but your player blatently dived you must admit.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2008 16:40

LoyalRoversSupporter I someone told me about that moving the free kick so it was not directly infront of the goal.

To be honest though for ours its not like our player has dived but your player blatently dived you must admit.

im admitting nothing till i see the clip

and even then ill probably say that different angles can be misleading :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Oct 2008 16:58

brendywendy

link didnt work

Link works for me okay, and I have to admit it was a pathetic decision. The defender made no contact and was about 4 feet away from Kebe when he threw himself down. Kebe should have been booked.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Oct 2008 17:02

Royal Rother
brendywendy

link didnt work

Link works for me okay, and I have to admit it was a pathetic decision. The defender made no contact and was about 4 feet away from Kebe when he threw himself down. Kebe should have been booked.

camera angles can be misleading you know!
was probably photoshopped aswell.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 23 Oct 2008 19:36

Donnievic and his pals from up yonder.What a sound bunch you lot were. :wink: 400 mile return trip on a Tuesday night,sang your hearts out for the lads and if wasn't for Fortress Mad Stad at the moment then may well have gone home with a share of the spoils.
As for our mate whose lost poundage, how much was it? Eight stone....Fair play to ya. Even down to Si in his stoney island jumper. Excellent value for money and nice to know that the footie family extends in all directions.
In all honesty not sure if we'd be making it to Donnie on a Tuesday night, which makes your dedication all the more impressive. Of course it would be great to meet up again at some stage in the future and certainly hope you get a few more seasons at this level.....or even higher.Or is that the gospel according to John Ryan?
Anyway your build up play and triangles were impressive but as noted previously you just need a talisman now to bury your chances.
BTW did you spot the famous outstretched arms amongst the Tom Hark movers and groovers?? :lol:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 23 Oct 2008 20:00

Donnievic and his pals from up yonder.What a sound bunch you lot were. :wink: 400 mile return trip on a Tuesday night,sang your hearts out for the lads and if wasn't for Fortress Mad Stad at the moment then may well have gone home with a share of the spoils.
As for our mate whose lost poundage, how much was it? Eight stone....Fair play to ya. Even down to Si in his stoney island jumper. Excellent value for money and nice to know that the footie family extends in all directions.
In all honesty not sure if we'd be making it to Donnie on a Tuesday night, which makes your dedication all the more impressive. Of course it would be great to meet up again at some stage in the future and certainly hope you get a few more seasons at this level.....or even higher.Or is that the gospel according to John Ryan?
Anyway your build up play and triangles were impressive but as noted previously you just need a talisman now to bury your chances.
BTW did you spot the famous outstretched arms amongst the Tom Hark movers and groovers?? :lol:

donnievic

by donnievic » 23 Oct 2008 21:59

We did and sure your lass was pleased we scored so she could see Pieman get his tits out.Like i said before it was a pleasure meeting you and the golden girls LOL.Your fans are a credit to the club as they are not like other clubs fans that have been in the premiership and think they are better than everyone else,know a few on here predicted 6 7 or 8 nil but after beating Wednesday 6-0 and the goals we have conceded in previous games then can understand it and on another day you could have had 4 or 5 anyway but still wasn't a free kick for your 1st goal LOL.Would be great to keep in touch and meet up again.Maybe if your neshing out of coming up to Yorkshire on a freezing tuesday night in Feb(maybe if you go to Sheff utd as we are the sky game at tea time).All the best for saturday and rest of the season as i'm sure you won't be playing us next season because if we don't go up you will LOL.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 23 Oct 2008 22:04

donnievic We did and sure your lass was pleased we scored so she could see Pieman get his tits out.Like i said before it was a pleasure meeting you and the golden girls LOL.Your fans are a credit to the club as they are not like other clubs fans that have been in the premiership and think they are better than everyone else,know a few on here predicted 6 7 or 8 nil but after beating Wednesday 6-0 and the goals we have conceded in previous games then can understand it and on another day you could have had 4 or 5 anyway but still wasn't a free kick for your 1st goal LOL.Would be great to keep in touch and meet up again.Maybe if your neshing out of coming up to Yorkshire on a freezing tuesday night in Feb(maybe if you go to Sheff utd as we are the sky game at tea time).All the best for saturday and rest of the season as i'm sure you won't be playing us next season because if we don't go up you will LOL.

Cheers for that last bit :roll:

You played some good football, hope you guys can go on, improve and survive in this division. I'm sure you can, with the way you played Tuesday, you were unfortunate not to take anything away with you- but as a reading fan, i'm glad :wink: All the best for the rest of the season mate and maybe buy a striker in Jan :wink:

123 posts