Booing Marcus

132 posts
Half Man Half Biscuit

Booing Marcus

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 22 Oct 2008 21:11

Last night there was a section of the West stand booing Marcus at the start of the game.
I heard it in the second half as well.

Bastards.
I hate it when fans boo one of our own. It not only effects the player but his team mates as well.

WTF were they playing at??

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Booing Marcus

by rg6royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:12

Well tbh if a professional goalkeeper can't kick the ball from a goal kick and keep it in play then well...

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:15

Half Man Half Biscuit Last night there was a section of the West stand booing Marcus at the start of the game.
I heard it in the secoind half as well.

Bastards.
I hate it when fans boo one of our own. It not only effects the player but his team mates as well.

Well, in the first few minutes he made mistake which could've resulted in them scoring a goal. If my memory serves me rightly, a defender (can't quite remember which one it was...) kicked the ball back to USA, he could've and really should've kicked it up the field straight away like he usually does, but he waited and then kicked it, it deflected a Donny player and went out for a Reading throw in, but it could've been a different story quite easily. Also when he had the ball he was reluctant to pass it out onto the left wing at first, but then did. Looks like his confidence isn't very high atm. Did you see him after they scored? He was really angry.

DougEFresh

by DougEFresh » 22 Oct 2008 21:22

Half Man Half Biscuit Last night there was a section of the West stand booing Marcus at the start of the game.

Bastards.

lol @ Reading fans. fecking embarrassment.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:22

DougEFresh

Bastards.

lol @ Reading fans. fecking embarrassment.

Wrong board?

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 21:25

I think Hahnemann is a liabilty. I'd never boo my own players out of principle, but I'd encourage others to do so.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Oct 2008 21:27

He has been one of our better players throughout 2008. So why boo him for a couple of poor/shaky performances. Ridiculous.

smooth_royal

by smooth_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:28

Thames I think Hahnemann is a liabilty. I'd never boo my own players out of principle, but I'd encourage others to do so.

What kind of principle is that? Surely encouraging booing is just as bad as booing yourself.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:34

There was no booing, however there were disgruntled noises, and rightly so.

Marcus is becoming a liability, and he needs to be replaced ASAP.

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 21:34

Well it's not actually. I don't boo my own players because I don't want other members of the team to hear it and wonder why we're booing his team mates. But in a way I hope the booing continues so Hahnemann gets the message and goes back to play for Seattle Supersex or whatever they're called.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:39

winchester_royal There was no booing, however there were disgruntled noises, and rightly so.

LOL tosh. One of the best 'keepers in the league and one of our consistently best players for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

A couple of mistakes do nota poor 'keeper make. And his apparently woeful distribution is greatly exaggerated IMO.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 22 Oct 2008 21:40

Half Man Half Biscuit I hate it when fans boo one of our own.

No excuse for venting like that. Even crap players at any team are trying.
Marcus has been one of the all time great keepers at RFC - fact!
Keep it to yourself if you want to boo him after a couple of poor performances.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:41

Ian Royal
winchester_royal There was no booing, however there were disgruntled noises, and rightly so.

LOL tosh. One of the best 'keepers in the league and one of our consistently best players for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

A couple of mistakes do nota poor 'keeper make. And his apparently woeful distribution is greatly exaggerated IMO.

He is old, slowing down, and in woeful form. We have a very able keeper in Fed, he should be given a chance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:42

TheLawnMowerMan

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned he's won his place in the RFC goalkeeping hall of fame, along with Death and Shaka.

LMFAO at woeful form. Form is not 1 game. We do not have an able 'keeper in Fed, we have a promising 'keeper who is out on loan.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:45

Ian Royal
TheLawnMowerMan

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned he's won his place in the RFC goalkeeping hall of fame, along with Death and Shaka.

LMFAO at woeful form. Form is not 1 game. We do not have an able 'keeper in Fed, we have a promising 'keeper who is out on loan.

Ask Southend fans whether they think Fed is able.

Fed is 23 now, we have to find out whether he can cut it, now is the time.

And USA has been crap for the last 3 games, and his distribution has been awful for the last year. Does that constitute form Mr. Royal? :wink:

Thames

by Thames » 22 Oct 2008 21:48

Stop being a div Ian Royal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:51

No because you're talking out your arse in my opinion.
He dropped 2 clangers against Preston and looked a little shakey against Donny.

His poor distribution is a myth. Any 'keeper will knock a couple into touch when aiming for the wings. The 3 games I saw early on he put maybe 1 ball into touch total.

Fed will get his chance when he is at the club and Marcus is injured, actually out of form or next season if he is good enough.

You've obviously got an axe to grind and dislike Hahnemann whilst you clearly think the sun shines out of Fed's rectum. I'm not sure if Hahnemann is even in my 5 favourite current players, so you can trust me when I say I'm not just blindly defending him.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:54

Ian Royal No because you're talking out your arse in my opinion.

His poor distribution is a myth. Any 'keeper will knock a couple into touch when aiming for the wings. The 3 games I saw early on he put maybe 1 ball into touch total.

Fed will get his chance when he is at the club and Marcus is injured, actually out of form or next season if he is good enough.

You've obviously got an axe to grind and dislike Hahnemann whilst you clearly think the sun shines out of Fed's rectum. I'm not sure if Hahnemann is even in my 5 favourite current players, so you can trust me when I say I'm not just blindly defending him.

Spot on.

Sometimes I despair at stupidity of some so called Reading fans. Booing Marcus - what a joke!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:54

We all have our own opinion, and I do not dislike USA, my attitude is the same to anyone who is (IMHO) out of form, except for maybe Kebe.(for obvious reasons)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2008 21:55

Avon Royal

Spot on.

Sometimes I despair at stupidity of some so called Reading fans. Booing Marcus - what a joke!

FFS nobody booed him. Just annoyed sighs when he kicked the ball out of play for the 100th time last night.

132 posts