Back from the QPR game

139 posts
rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game

by rg6royal » 25 Oct 2008 20:31

Row Z Royal
rg6royal Well Cisse has looked good when he has come on in the last few games compared to Gunnar who is getting overrun every week.

Hardly. Cisse just watches everything slide past him while Boris sticks his foot in. I'm happy for Karacan to be in, but certainly not with Cisse.

Cisse does put his foot in.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 25 Oct 2008 20:36

Row Z Royal
rg6royal Well Cisse has looked good when he has come on in the last few games compared to Gunnar who is getting overrun every week.

Hardly. Cisse just watches everything slide past him while Boris sticks his foot in. I'm happy for Karacan to be in, but certainly not with Cisse.

it must be great going to football matches with a blindfold on

S09Royal

Re: QPR - back from the game

by S09Royal » 25 Oct 2008 20:37

I thought our performance was okay-not brilliant. We're far from the form we had (will have again...) in our first few home games. I say that should change 2 weeks' time with a victory by 2 or more goals against derby at home, nothing less. Was dissappointed by the result and the penalty claim in the 2nd half WAS a penalty. Rubbish decision, decent-ish game, good attendance. Ashame we couldn't score. I hate 0-0's. :|

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 25 Oct 2008 20:42

Two seasons later and we still have not replaced Sidwell ............ until we do, the teams that rush and harrass us out of midfield (like QPR and Doncaster) will cause us to revert to the hoofball that caused us to drop out of the Premeirship.
:cry:

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 25 Oct 2008 20:43

Did anyone actually try this evening?
Looked like Sky Sports being there really had an effect on how they performed.
QPR and Doncaster are by far the best teams to have come to the MadStad.
2 points lost, 1 point gained today :roll:
Maybe by them (Doyle, SHunt) not playing at their best tonight, could possibly divert attention away from other so called 'bigger' clubs?
QPR did well. Well done to them.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Oct 2008 20:47

every first touch seemed to go in the wrong direction or to far away from them. If that was most teams in the premiership we were playing, we would have easily lost 3 or 4-0.

Also, what was with the star wars and superhero stuff? Did i miss a memo?

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 25 Oct 2008 20:49

That was dreadful, absolutely dire. Our set-pieces/crosses were off, so we didn't win. They seem to make all the difference because apart from that it was just hoofball, hoofball, hoofball, with the tedium briefly broken every time Bikey tried to beat about 5 players and lost it, or when Kebe fell over. QPR played some football and defended well so on the basis of that they probably deserved to win.

'Special' mentions to S Hunt who gave the right-back the easiest evening he will have had for a long time by the clever tactic of just running into him every time he got the ball, Kebe who looked like the version of last season, Karacan who looked like a terrier playing against Rottweilers, Gunnarsson and Ingimarsson (too old, too slow), and Bikey for having the most complacent game of his career.

The Championship might be rubbish but so are we when our normal approach (score from every set-piece) gets found out and defended well. As usual the referee was poor, how that handball at the start of the half was not a penalty only he knows. Also Parejo (the Real Madrid player I believe :lol: :lol: ) should've either been given a penalty or sent off at the end.

Overall that has to be the worst performance since Fulham last year and even that was against a much higher standard of opposition. That has got to be the worst performance at this level from a Reading team which I've seen since about 2004, I'd put Matejovsky and Cisse in the midfield if/when Mate is available. They might not be great but I think Karacan needs a spell on loan at the top of League One and Gunnarsson, sad to say, looked knackered today. At least Matejovsky tries to pass it.

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 25 Oct 2008 20:50

SLAMMED every first touch seemed to go in the wrong direction or to far away from them. If that was most teams in the premiership we were playing, we would have easily lost 3 or 4-0.

Also, what was with the star wars and superhero stuff? Did i miss a memo?

Sorry, missed that too. :roll:
When was this happening? :lol:

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 25 Oct 2008 20:56

Absolutely dire game, neither side deserved to win really. 0-0 defiantly a fair reflection. No MOM, everyone was equally as poor.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 Oct 2008 21:01

ALOL at this thread. Hobnob at its best.
FICKLE

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 25 Oct 2008 21:04

sack the board! sack the board! sack the board! oh hang on a minute...

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Oct 2008 21:06

Joe 90 Two seasons later and we still have not replaced Sidwell ............ until we do, the teams that rush and harrass us out of midfield (like QPR and Doncaster) will cause us to revert to the hoofball that caused us to drop out of the Premeirship.

You know, I said this a few weeks ago and a vocal bloke shouted and shouted until I gave up. :|

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 25 Oct 2008 21:10

Why Oh Why Oh Why..................... has Coppell now picked a defensive bench 3 games running????????

For years we have had 2 strikers and a winger (or 2 wingers and a striker) on the bench, but for the last 3 games we have had 2 defensive midfielders, a left back and a striker..........what is the sodding point?? :evil: :evil:

How the hell is changing two fairly defensive midfielders for two other defensive midfielders going to change ANYTHING in a match??

:evil:

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 25 Oct 2008 21:11

We struggled in the air today. Looking at their team list they have a lot of players either 6 ft 1 to 6 ft 4 and it showed with very few aerial balls being won. This also reflected in the number of corners that were easily cleared.

2 definite penalty shouts from handballs and Parejo was lucky not to get a second yellow for the dive trying to win a penalty.

I was pleased see Kebe substituted today as IMO he achieved nothing.

RG6

by RG6 » 25 Oct 2008 21:12

John Madejski's Wallet Why Oh Why Oh Why..................... has Coppell now picked a defensive bench 3 games running????????

For years we have had 2 strikers and a winger (or 2 wingers and a striker) on the bench, but for the last 3 games we have had 2 defensive midfielders, a left back and a striker..........what is the sodding point?? :evil: :evil:

How the hell is changing two fairly defensive midfielders for two other defensive midfielders going to change ANYTHING in a match??

:evil:

totally agree

John Peel

by John Peel » 25 Oct 2008 21:16

Agree with some of the points made, but credit due to QPR. They looked solid as at the back, especially no. 6(?) at right back. Our wide men were particularly poor as were our set pieces, two of the main reasons for our 100% record (until now!) at home. Thought Karacan and Doyler did OK at times, at least they looked hungry for it anyway.

I always said I'd be happy with play offs and I stick by that. Automatic ain't gonna happen people, sorry.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 25 Oct 2008 21:18

Joe 90 Two seasons later and we still have not replaced Sidwell ............ until we do, the teams that rush and harrass us out of midfield (like QPR and Doncaster) will cause us to revert to the hoofball that caused us to drop out of the Premeirship.

completely agree. our midfield was invisible today, if we're given time to play, we can play like brazil (well... kind of) but the moment we lose the midfield battle, we've got nobody who can consistently turn the tide back in our favour. gunnarsson can perform this role from time to time, but today he was imo poor. and don't get me wrong i like him. but only for the odd game. i thought midfield was going to be a problem in preseason when i thought it was going to be harper and matejovsky, and it's still a problem although we've found someone who is quite useful (jem) that we didn't know about. but the lack of bite in the midfield may cost us dearly. if as joe 90 says every time we come up against a team that presses us we fold up.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 25 Oct 2008 21:19

Hahnemann [5] - Avergae game. Comfortable at times, also spilled a few, which was quite worrying.

Rosenior [6] - Good runs down the wing occasionally. Poor end product today.
Bikey [4] - My faveourite RFC player atm, and quite upsetting today. Made mistakes at crucial moments.
Ingi [6] - Sturdy, reliable.
Armstrong [6] - Looked comfortable today, not many mistakes, linked up well with Shunt occasionally.

Kebe [5] - What happened to him today? Saw hardly anything of him, looked to be cancelled out quite often.
Karacan [7] - Looked good. He wanted to get involved and push on, which was crucial today.
Gun [6] - Sturdy, though his defensive-minded decisions in and around the box often left me moaning.
Shunt [4] - The end product was nil today, apart from the odd few. He got completed cancelled out during the match, he couldn't make a decent run or anything. Disappointing.

Doyle [7] - Great work rate yet again. Had the most chances and the glancing header near the end shocked me!
Nunt [6] - Good work rate, didn't get much of a sniff of the ball today.

Subs:
Cisse [6] - Good to see him tackling and passing on, and his header from that corner was fantastic. I was sure it was in.
Harper [5] - Poor delivery from corners, but he pushed on. Good to see.

Overall: Not a great performance. Still, credit to QPR and good luck with the new gaffer.

dellwoodboy

by dellwoodboy » 25 Oct 2008 21:33

Watching todays game I especially wanted to see Karajan,N.Hunt and Armstrong not having seen them play before but unfortunatly none of these three shone, and in fact all three had very ordinary games. This coupled with the poorness of Kebe and Bikey and Gunnarson made for a very frustrating game especially as QPR looked a very ordinary side and other than a couple of long distant shots never looked dangerous at all.
These below par performances by Reading especially away from home tend to suggest we are no better than a play off place side which when you look at some of the results so far this season and subsequently the teams in the upper half this would be a dissapointment.
Of the three games I have seen we seem to lack any spark to get us going and we do need a bit of class in midfield or attack to achieve this.The squad is still a work in progress in my opinion.
Hopefully this can be corrected in the January transfer window.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 25 Oct 2008 21:56

dellwoodboy Watching todays game I especially wanted to see Karajan,N.Hunt and Armstrong not having seen them play before but unfortunatly none of these three shone, and in fact all three had very ordinary games. This coupled with the poorness of Kebe and Bikey and Gunnarson made for a very frustrating game especially as QPR looked a very ordinary side and other than a couple of long distant shots never looked dangerous at all.
These below par performances by Reading especially away from home tend to suggest we are no better than a play off place side which when you look at some of the results so far this season and subsequently the teams in the upper half this would be a dissapointment.
Of the three games I have seen we seem to lack any spark to get us going and we do need a bit of class in midfield or attack to achieve this.The squad is still a work in progress in my opinion.
Hopefully this can be corrected in the January transfer window.

You have seen games when we've been poor. Unlucky mate.

139 posts