198 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Burnley Away Match Thread

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 28 Oct 2008 22:38

FiNeRaIn
Gordons Cumming
79Royal Massive over reaction on here.

some of the reaction on here about this game has been laughable.

............but totally predictable :roll:

I tell you now I am not going to be putting up with another season of RTG's like yourselves. You made excuses all last season and ended up wrong, perhaps listen to the realists for a change?

ANOTHER away defeat, 2 out of 2, winning ONE all season, pathetic. Simply pathetic. You can patch it up all you want but the facts speak for themselves. If we start losing at home we will be in a relegation battle our away form is that poor.

the facts show us to be 4th with the best goal difference in the division.

Anyone who thinks that's indicative of a relegation battle is clearly a twat of the highest order.

Yes, if we start playing badly at home we'll be nowhere near going up. If we start playing well away then we'll be right up there. Who know's which of the two will happen? The odds are it'll be somewhere between the two. Our high goal difference on the other hand hints at a degree of underperformance.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 28 Oct 2008 22:40

I'm amazed that Coppell played Cisse tonight. He's shown nothing to warrant replacing Karacan or Bryn from the starting eleven

Bryn may have looked a little jaded on Saturday but as if changing the heart beat of the team for the last twenty minutes isn't enough Coppell has now decided to do it for the start of a game too. I can't figure out what he's trying to do

The stats seem to show it was a very even game with similar number of shots on and off target so we can't have been that bad, but how many times are we going to play reasonably well but throw away all the points away from home

This isn't a surprising or devestating result, but the overall trend of results and recent performances are a bit more worrying. We seem to be developing into a bit of an inconsistent side and I wonder how much of it coincides with transfer windows closing and a couple of our key players not playing for a move right now. Have we taken our eye off the ball a bit?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Oct 2008 22:40

You would hope though that if Doyle and S Hunt do leave new signings would be made especially as those two will clear £10 million in transfer income.
Doyle is perhaps not going to be missed as much as I thought as he has scored in something like just 4 out of 14 league games and not once away from home.
The worry I have is that there are some very tough away games to come particularly Cardiff. We need to ensure we stay in touch.
Its frustrating though because neither Wolves or Brum appear to be playing that well but are pulling away again.
To the poster who says we will be involved in a relegation battle please dont be so stupid.

Pablo

by Pablo » 28 Oct 2008 22:43

Pablo We need a creative central midfielder how can also score goals. How many goals have Karacan, Harper, Cisse, Gunnarsson and Matejovsky scored this season?

In the league:
Karacan 0 goals (10 games)
Harper 1 goal (11 games)
Cisse 1 goal (10 games)
Gunnar 0 goals (6 games)
Marek 0 goals (1 game)

= 2 goals :roll:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 28 Oct 2008 22:48

Pablo
Pablo We need a creative central midfielder how can also score goals. How many goals have Karacan, Harper, Cisse, Gunnarsson and Matejovsky scored this season?

In the league:
Harper 1 goal (11 games)
Cisse 1 goal (10 games)
Gunnar 0 goals (6 games)
Marek 0 goals (1 game)

Poor

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2008 22:51

rg6royal
Pablo

In the league:
Harper 1 goal (11 games)
Cisse 1 goal (10 games)
Gunnar 0 goals (6 games)
Marek 0 goals (1 game)

Poor

Add Kebe to that, 0 goals from starting every game.

This is a genuine question which i honestly don't know the answer to, have our strikers scored a goal away from home this season?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 28 Oct 2008 22:52

So it's not just our strikers who need some target practice then...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2008 22:58

FiNeRaIn
Gordons Cumming
79Royal Massive over reaction on here.

some of the reaction on here about this game has been laughable.

............but totally predictable :roll:

I tell you now I am not going to be putting up with another season of RTG's like yourselves. You made excuses all last season and ended up wrong, perhaps listen to the realists for a change?

ANOTHER away defeat, 2 out of 2, winning ONE all season, pathetic. Simply pathetic. You can patch it up all you want but the facts speak for themselves. If we start losing at home we will be in a relegation battle our away form is that poor.

Well said sir! It is their blind optimism and Campbellesque positive spin that is laughable!

GC questions the realism of your last sentence. I'm not sure why. He can question the likelihood of it happening but it is stark reality that losses at home added to our dire away form would equate to relegation form!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 28 Oct 2008 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Oct 2008 23:00

Come off it Royal Blue. I am not an RTG but to say we may well be dragged into a relegation battle is pathetic.

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 28 Oct 2008 23:01

Alan Partridge

This is a genuine question which i honestly don't know the answer to, have our strikers scored a goal away from home this season?

Off the top of my head N.Hunt scored a penalty at Preston, thats about it...

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2008 23:02

Toon Toon Blue army
Alan Partridge

That was his brother i think?!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Oct 2008 23:03

Alan Partridge
Toon Toon Blue army
Alan Partridge

That was his brother i think?!

Correct AP. Not one goal has been scored by any of our strikers away from home so far this season as we head into November. Good spot AP

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2008 23:04

PEARCEY Come off it Royal Blue. I am not an RTG but to say we may well be dragged into a relegation battle is pathetic.

See my edited version for an explanation. It may not happen but you can't deny that home losses added to a dismal away record would equate to relegation form.

And don't forget, we have part two of the sale of the century to look forward to in January. Lets hope Poundstretchers still have some replacements left in stock!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2008 23:05

Well there we go, look no further as to why we are shite away. Our forwards only come to life at home, they HAVE to sort that out, quick.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 28 Oct 2008 23:10

The swing from positive to negative on HNA is truly a wonder to behold.

One minute we're gonna hit 107 points the next we're going to be relegated. :roll:

Good grief.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Oct 2008 23:10

RoyalBlue
PEARCEY Come off it Royal Blue. I am not an RTG but to say we may well be dragged into a relegation battle is pathetic.

See my edited version for an explanation. It may not happen but you can't deny that home losses added to a dismal away record would equate to relegation form.

And don't forget, we have part two of the sale of the century to look forward to in January. Lets hope Poundstretchers still have some replacements left in stock!

We are still 4th in the table.....with the best home record in the entire country...this is STG spin of the highest order. By all means accentuate the negative and worst case scenario but its being overly pessimistic in my view.
Our away form will certainly prevent us from finishing in the top two but as we can both see that despite it we remain firmly entrenched in the play offs...and as I have said on this thread I'm not sure we will miss Doyle that much because he simply is not scoring in enough games. You and I both both feel Lita can do a job at this level so perhaps his return (assuming Doyle does go) may freshen things up.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 28 Oct 2008 23:21

Gordons Cumming The swing from positive to negative on HNA is truly a wonder to behold.

One minute we're gonna hit 107 points the next we're going to be relegated. :roll:

Good grief.

From insane to insane

Thankfully some of us are somewhere in the middle of that scale.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 28 Oct 2008 23:37

RoyalBlue

It may not happen but you can't deny that home losses added to a dismal away record would equate to relegation form.!

No, you can't deny it. If Chelsea started losing most of their games they'd be relegation candidates too. If Nottingham Forest start winning loads of matches they'll have a shout at promotion. It's not exactly analysis is it? It's just stating the bleeding obvious and holding it up as some kind of shining insight.

Could you, on the other hand, deny that over the whole season so far, we look far more like promotion contenders than relegation candidates?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Oct 2008 00:00

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 29 Oct 2008 00:04

PEARCEY
Correct AP. Not one goal has been scored by any of our strikers away from home so far this season as we head into November. Good spot AP

Noel Hunt scored at Watford

:lol:

Seriously, anyone on their high horse who doesn't want Lita back because he's 'disruptive':

Possibly (according to wild rumours) mildly disruptive but scores enough goals to easily outweigh it >> our other choice of strikers.

198 posts