Derby - Back from the game.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Derby - Back from the game.

by rg6royal » 08 Nov 2008 21:16

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyalFan
rg6royal
He didn't do anything special. Just did his job.

He was good in the tackle and pushed the game forward. Made some good passes.

Have to agree with rg6 here. Cisse was good, but he didn't stand out.

I'm not faulting Cisse at all. He had a good game yes, as did the rest of the team. But he wasn't one of the ones who really stood out i.e Bikey and Armstrong for me.

Bubbly4Me

by Bubbly4Me » 08 Nov 2008 21:21

I thought Bikey was outstanding today. He showed none of the scary 'laid back' image from before. To be honest, he was pretty much faultless. Certainly his best game so far this season. I actually felt sorry for Hulse - did he even get to touch the ball?

Hats off to Kebe also. Nice to see him throw himself into a few tackles today. He's a skinny fellow and did very well to halt a few people in their tracks today. His crossing was also brilliant today. What a bluddy shame his sneaky little volley didn't sneak in. I better be in the number the day he scores - I'll be going home with a sore throat for sure (well - more than normal!)

Shunt - great effort as usual and Readings biggest player as uaual. However, I will say he really needs to stop taking free kicks. Corners - great! Free kicks - complete wastes. Always floating them straight to the keeper. That 2nd half 30 yarder today was just calling out for a BK smash. Love Stephen - the man IS Readin FC, but he's just not the best free kick merchant. Corners - YES.

The rest of the team were great today. They made Derby look bad, which they weren't.

Hats off to the Derby fans too. Very vocal with a friendly tone. Have to respect their support after last season; dedication.

What a brilliant way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Nov 2008 21:31

Quick half-cut review suggests we are clearly better than anyone else in the division, i believe Derby are supposed to be quite good aren't they? Anyways, I'll hold fire on a proper review until I see the championship in the morning, I'd love to know if that first disallowed goal was simply the ref getting Stewey AtweLOLLOL's back

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 08 Nov 2008 21:31

Silver Fox Quick half-cut review suggests we are clearly better than anyone else in the division, i believe Derby are supposed to be quite good aren't they? Anyways, I'll hold fire on a proper review until I see the championship in the morning, I'd love to know if that first disallowed goal was simply the ref getting Stewey AtweLOLLOL's back

Derby aren't a bad side. They were one of the form teams in this division which makes todays result even more better.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 08 Nov 2008 23:14

rg6royal
Silver Fox Quick half-cut review suggests we are clearly better than anyone else in the division, i believe Derby are supposed to be quite good aren't they? Anyways, I'll hold fire on a proper review until I see the championship in the morning, I'd love to know if that first disallowed goal was simply the ref getting Stewey AtweLOLLOL's back

Derby aren't a bad side. They were one of the form teams in this division which makes todays result even more better.

Yeah, Derby started well but the two forwards were snuffed out by Bikey and Ingi, and our general industry put us gradually on top in the first 20 minutes. Another excellent performance, and the increasing consensus seems to be that we're possibly the best team in the division. Just need that extra bit of consistency and the luck of an injury-free first XI. Big, big test next weekend, Sheff U don't concede many goals.

USA - 6 (one very good save, the rest of the game no real effort required)
Rosey - 7 (consistency personified at the moment)
Stretch - 8 (best game yet, superb cross for goal 2)
Ingi - 9 (won everything in the air)
Bikey 9 - (ditto)
Kebe - 7 (always a threat, just lacking end product today)
S Hunt - 7 (busy, willing, a bit more intelligent in his play today)
Harps - 9 (superb, intelligent marshalling of the midfield)
Cisse - 8 (really maturing into the role, starting to get forward with confidence)
N Hunt - 8 (good goal, wise and confident approach play)
Doyle - 9 (scored about 3.4 seconds after I said nothing seemed to be going for him today. Then scored possibly his best ever Royals goal. Typical.)

Gunnar - 6 (solid enough)
Marek - 6 (some nice touches)
Long - 7 (hard working and inventive)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Nov 2008 23:25

CMRoyal
rg6royal

Yeah, Derby started well but the two forwards were snuffed out by Bikey and Ingi, and our general industry put us gradually on top in the first 20 minutes. Another excellent performance, and the increasing consensus seems to be that we're possibly the best team in the division. Just need that extra bit of consistency and the luck of an injury-free first XI. Big, big test next weekend, Sheff U don't concede many goals.

Bikey 9 - (ditto)
Cisse - 8 (really maturing into the role, starting to get forward with confidence)
Doyle - 9 (scored about 3.4 seconds after I said nothing seemed to be going for him today. Then scored possibly his best ever Royals goal. Typical.)

I know everyone has their own opinion, but a 9 for Harper, 6 for Marcus, 7 for Kebe. :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2008 23:54

Harper didn't justify a 9, but he nearly scored, put in a fantastic challenge in the penalty area and generally did his usual marshalling of the team and spreading play.

I'd have gone for a 7, maybe an 8. Kebe blew hot and cold so I wouldn't give him anymore than a 7.

Hahnemann had very little to do. He made one great save (which I missed) and had a fumble fingered moment from a cross early on. I think it's hard to give him more than a 6, but thats no indication he didn't have a good game, just a quiet one.

I can understand those scores.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 08 Nov 2008 23:59

CMRoyal
rg6royal

Bikey 9 - (ditto)

Wouldn't say harper should get a 9. Had an OKAY game. Nothing special.

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 09 Nov 2008 00:05

My first game at the Mad Stad for about 4 years, and I really enjoyed it. Great to be back in the stadium, and getting behind the boys once more at home. It isn't the same away.

Armstrong was my man of the match today, thought he just looked awesome in everything he did, and what a super cross for Doyle's first. But no one played badly, I was very impressed with Shane Long when he came on, he looked very lively, and created a couple of chances.

All in all, very impressed, and I hope to visit again before the season ends!

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 09 Nov 2008 08:41

not the best performance from us, but we did everything better around the pitch than they did. They had one good chance, with Commons and that is all i can remember. From what i can remember they didn't have a shot on target.

Saw Harps after the game and asked what he thought of them and he said " they were sh*t". Thought Armstrong had his best game in a Raeding shirt and his cross was superb for Doyle's first. Was right behind Doyle's second and it looked like it was going to hit the post and go out, but just kept swerving.

On the penalty, even the Derby players had moved to the edge of the box and Hunty had the ball.

Lol at the first goal coming from what Coppell described as a mishit corner.

Bikey was superb. I've always rated Hulse as a decent striker at this level, but Bikey kept him quiet. The gut just keeps growing in stature. My MOTM

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Nov 2008 09:03

Wizard Great to be back in the stadium, and getting behind the boys once more at home. It isn't the same away.

No - it's at least 10 times better.

Home support today was poor.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Nov 2008 09:18

I thought we didn't really get out of first gear, we were a lot better than that last week, but we won quite comfortably.

We didn't boss the midfield, SHunt was poor and we often resorted to a hoof up to Doyle. We should probably give Derby some credit for stopping us playing our normal game. Having said that the defence was solid, with Bikey and Armstrong in particular having good games and both Doyle and NHunt looked lively.

If it had been 1-0 we'd of been talking about grinding out results with a solid but mediocre performance. I hope the players don't get carried away into thinking it's going to be this easy every week, next week is a big game at Sheffield.

Oh, and the ref was rubbish, nothing wrong with the first disallowed goal, and it was definitely a pen.

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 09 Nov 2008 10:57

rob the royal
AbovetheI Well done to the home support today.

if i was kevin doyle i'd be a bit bemused. i mean i hardly heard a kevin doyle song all game, even after he scored. our fans seemed more interested in singing kalifa cisse, than thanking doyle for signing on.

I'm pretty mutton but I heard quite a few super Kevin Doyle chants (from Y20)

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 09 Nov 2008 11:07

Bikey MOM for me he is immense.

As a Derby fan said to me after the game, 'if we paid £3m for Claude Davies and that was a fair amount, Bikey must be worth £300m' :D

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 09 Nov 2008 11:35

USA - 7 (didnt really have much to do. good save from barazite near the end)
Armstrong - 8 (quality ball for doyles first and good all round performance)
Bikey - 9.5 (just awesome. dont think he lost a ball in the air all game. brilliant in the air and good ground play)
Ingi - 7.5 (won most stuff in the air. showed up by bikey)
Rosenior - 7 (a bit to hoof ball for my liking and that often ended up giving possesion away.)
S.Hunt - 6 (didnt think he was at his best. no end product. i suppose everyone is aloud a day off once in a while)
Cisse - 7 (good solid performance from him. his improvement from when he first signed never ceases to amaze me,)
Harps - 8 ( great performance from him. showed some creativity. i would like to see more)
Kebe - 7 (build up play can hardly be faulted but lacked a good cross. improving all the time though)
N.Hunt - 8 (fantastic in the air today both offensively and defensively. took his goal well)
Doyle - 8.5 (much the same as n.hunt. cracking second goal from him. Well played Mr Hammond for keeping him with us)

Long - 7 ( didnt have time to properley influence the game)
Gunnarson - 6 (anoymous)
Marek - 7 (clearly a quality player. great tricks. would like to see him start)

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 09 Nov 2008 12:19

gazzer, loyal royal Bikey was superb. I've always rated Hulse as a decent striker at this level, but Bikey kept him quiet. The gut just keeps growing in stature. My MOTM

Oh I don't know, I think he can probably still see his penis.

Separated at birth........

Reginald D Hunter

André Stéphane Bikey Amugu

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 09 Nov 2008 13:33

gazzer, loyal royal not the best performance from us, but we did everything better around the pitch than they did. They had one good chance, with Commons and that is all i can remember. From what i can remember they didn't have a shot on target.

Saw Harps after the game and asked what he thought of them and he said " they were sh*t". Thought Armstrong had his best game in a Raeding shirt and his cross was superb for Doyle's first. Was right behind Doyle's second and it looked like it was going to hit the post and go out, but just kept swerving.

On the penalty, even the Derby players had moved to the edge of the box and Hunty had the ball.

Lol at the first goal coming from what Coppell described as a mishit corner.

Bikey was superb. I've always rated Hulse as a decent striker at this level, but Bikey kept him quiet. The gut just keeps growing in stature. My MOTM

Much like my own.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 09 Nov 2008 16:55

How good again was Bikey?

Seriously we'll be lucky if half the teams in the Prem's January transfer policy isn't just get Andre Bikey. I'd easily pay £5m plus for him.

And to think we got Stoke to pay for Sonko.

:lol:

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 09 Nov 2008 17:01

Bikey is easily good enough to play in the Prem and wouldn't be surprised if clubs start to come in for him if he continues his recent form.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Nov 2008 17:05

Arnie_Pie Bikey MOM for me he is immense.

As a Derby fan said to me after the game, 'if we paid £3m for Claude Davies and that was a fair amount, Bikey must be worth £300m' :D

LOLOLOL

it all pretty effortless for the lad isnt it?!

can take his pick of the worlds greatest clubs ina few years time in my eyes