Team for Cardiff

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Team for Cardiff

by winchester_royal » 22 Nov 2008 21:40

Tutti Frutti
winchester_royal
Tutti Frutti which differentiates them from 7 of the other 9 how?

It doesn't.

which is my point - however much they were crap, we cant drop 9 players for Tuesday, nor should we. Hence my derision fro the idea of picking on Armstrong in particular, who was by no means the worst of the poorer bunch.

No body, after that performance, should be safe from being dropped.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 22 Nov 2008 23:22

winchester_royal
SLAMMED
SteveRoyal Unforuntately, we haven't got any decent defenders to replace the current starters.
Murty is still recovering, Pearce is on loan and Doobs is just too old. Which leaves us with Kelly? :roll:
Midfield, I'd love to see Cisse and Marek. Up front... no options. Unless we recall Lita.

Are you joking? Doyle's scored 14 so far this season, and just because he didnt score against southampton hes shit all of a sudden.

I think he means no options in terms of change...

Well done Winchester. :D

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Nov 2008 08:28

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Ingimarsson
Armstrong

Henry
Matejovsky
Cisse
Harper
Kebe

Doyle

Subs: Andersen, Gunnarsson, S Hunt, N Hunt. Murty

Only seen on telly, but so many comments about the weak centre mid, and it does not matter what combination SC has tried it has been criticised, so time to play three there, all three of that centre midfield are capable of getting forward and scoring, it would give the two wide players a different option, and when 3 up we can bring on the Hunt Bros to tidy up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Nov 2008 11:57

I'd put a fit Duberry in place of Bikey like a shot.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Nov 2008 12:19

AlexY25 USA

Rosenior
Bikey
Ingi
Armstrong

Kebe
Cisse
Matejovsky
S.Hunt

Doyle
N.Hunt

Subs : Andersen, Doobs, Henry, Karacan, Long

Spot on, saves me having to type it up!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Nov 2008 12:54

Tutti Frutti
winchester_royal
Tutti Frutti which differentiates them from 7 of the other 9 how?

It doesn't.

which is my point - however much they were crap, we cant drop 9 players for Tuesday, nor should we. Hence my derision fro the idea of picking on Armstrong in particular, who was by no means the worst of the poorer bunch.

I actually thought Rosenior was pretty good, at least relatively. He played one really nice pass that Kebe just couldn't reach. Then there was that gut busting run into the corner, and I don't recall him making any defensive errors (anyone who says "he wasn't marking his winger when the ball was on the other side of the pitch" isn't aware of the size of the gap if he did do just that).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2008 14:25

Same team for me. If they don't perform, limited changes after that. It worked for the previous 3 games so I see no need to make knee jerk reactions after a kicking by Saints, which we still nearly drew.

And thats even though I still think Cisse isn't a midfielder.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 23 Nov 2008 17:33

think we need to change it when teams go 5 in the middle at home sometimes, go 4-3-3
and we should occasionally do it away from home too
so id have cisse brynyar and matejovski in a 3
kebe on the left and henry on the right, shunt , nhunt on bench, doyle up front

keep bikey in but make him aware that doobs is pushing him for his place and he better buckemup.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2008 17:51

If you're gonna do that you want Harper, Matejovsky and Karacan/Cisse in the middle. Gunnar on the bench. Kebe, or one of the Hunt's to miss out with Doyle the only certain attacking player.

Harper excelled for us when he was in a midfield 3 with Hughes and Sidwell. Put him in to do the running whilst Marek does the passing and Karacan/Cisse put their foot in.

Bikey has a tendency to lose concentration or get cocky. He's done it in plenty of the last few games, it's just usually because he's had the oppo striker in his pocket for most of the match and he's got bored. Hopefully this will be a wake-up call.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Nov 2008 20:45

Midfield three of Karacan, Matejovsky and Harper has the same obvious problem as any two of them. None of them can tackle.

TheRealRoyal

by TheRealRoyal » 23 Nov 2008 20:51

I believe that with Doyle, Marek should always be played. Like with Southampton when Marek wasnt playing, the ball was just kicked high at Doyle and as good in the air as he is thats not what we want him to be doing. Marek gives us that other dimension, that quality ball to feet. So he should be in the midfield or sit just behind doyle upfront.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Nov 2008 21:20

Ian Royal Same team for me. If they don't perform, limited changes after that. It worked for the previous 3 games so I see no need to make knee jerk reactions after a kicking by Saints, which we still nearly drew.

To quote John McInroe:

'You cannot be serious!'

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2008 21:49

winchester_royal
Ian Royal Same team for me. If they don't perform, limited changes after that. It worked for the previous 3 games so I see no need to make knee jerk reactions after a kicking by Saints, which we still nearly drew.

To quote John McInroe:

'You cannot be serious!'

Hilarious. I think you'll find there is a world of difference between choosing a team that won 3 games in a row and got done over by Saints, and saying Fae looked class for us.

You are delusional.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Nov 2008 22:36

Ian Royal
winchester_royal

To quote John McInroe:

'You cannot be serious!'

Hilarious. I think you'll find there is a world of difference between choosing a team that won 3 games in a row and got done over by Saints, and saying Fae looked class for us.

You are delusional.

Nope I was talking about your Cisse comment. How you think Harper is any more of a midfielder is beyond me.

The team needs freshening up, just like they did when Karacan and Gunnar had played a few together. Fortunately we have a quality international midfielder on the bench.

I love arguing with you IR, coz you leave yourself open for attack constantly.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 24 Nov 2008 08:06

USA

Rosenior
BK
Ingi
Armstrong

Gunnerson
Cisse
Marek

SHunt
NHunt

Doyle

Yet again the 2 weakest players Saturday were Harper and Kebe (the others not much better I should add).

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 24 Nov 2008 10:59

SCIAG There were worse players than Harper today. And didn't Coppell drop him earlier in the season? :roll: I would take him off though.

I want to drop Armstrong, who was awful, but I don't think Golbourne or Kelly are ready to face Cardiff's wingers.

NHunt was ineffectual, perhaps he could use a rest. Unfortunately, Mooney and Church are injured, so the only option is Long.

Finally, against a team like Cardiff who can actually defend, I don't think Kebe will be much good. Bring on a player who doesn't fall over quite so much- I'd even settle for Karacan or Kelly on the wing. Kebe is useful at home, and away against lesser sides, but he won't get as many chances against Cardiff, and we need someone who consistantly delivers after he beats his man.

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Ingimarsson
Armstrong

Henry
Matejovsky
Cisse
SHunt

Doyle
Long

Subs: Andersen, Gunnarsson, Harper, Kebe (unleash him when they tire :twisted:), NHunt.

Did you see them against Plymouth on Saturday lunchtime ? The first half hour or so their defending was laughable.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 24 Nov 2008 11:03

Chuckle Brother
SCIAG There were worse players than Harper today. And didn't Coppell drop him earlier in the season? :roll: I would take him off though.

I want to drop Armstrong, who was awful, but I don't think Golbourne or Kelly are ready to face Cardiff's wingers.

NHunt was ineffectual, perhaps he could use a rest. Unfortunately, Mooney and Church are injured, so the only option is Long.

Finally, against a team like Cardiff who can actually defend, I don't think Kebe will be much good. Bring on a player who doesn't fall over quite so much- I'd even settle for Karacan or Kelly on the wing. Kebe is useful at home, and away against lesser sides, but he won't get as many chances against Cardiff, and we need someone who consistantly delivers after he beats his man.

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Bikey
Ingimarsson
Armstrong

Henry
Matejovsky
Cisse
SHunt

Doyle
Long

Subs: Andersen, Gunnarsson, Harper, Kebe (unleash him when they tire :twisted:), NHunt.

Did you see them against Plymouth on Saturday lunchtime ? The first half hour or so their defending was laughable.

A bit like us really...

Hahnemann

Rosenior
Ingimarsson
Bikey
Armstrong

Henry
MatejovskY (not i as the MadStadScreen suggests)
Cisse
Shunt

Nunt
Doyle

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Nov 2008 11:06

I have only one comment to make - this is not the time to be changing formations.

We have played 442 for so long it would be crazy to change it after just one poor performance. 442 works and it fits with the players in the squad.

mg1976royal

by mg1976royal » 24 Nov 2008 19:43

mg1976royal
AlexY25 USA

Rosenior
Bikey
Ingi
Armstrong

Kebe
Cisse
Matejovsky
S.Hunt

Doyle
N.Hunt

Subs : Andersen, Doobs, Henry, Karacan, Long

+1

Correction to the subs bench as fedders is back in town. :D

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1465134,00.html

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Nov 2008 19:51

winchester_royal
Ian Royal
winchester_royal To quote John McInroe:

'You cannot be serious!'

You are delusional.

Nope I was talking about your Cisse comment. How you think Harper is any more of a midfielder is beyond me.

The team needs freshening up, just like they did when Karacan and Gunnar had played a few together. Fortunately we have a quality international midfielder on the bench.

I love arguing with you IR, coz you leave yourself open for attack constantly.

Well, because Harper has won player of the season in that position once, has been playing in a very successful Reading team for many years, has scored a reasonable amount of goals over that time for a fairly defensive minded midfielder. Oh and has made some fairly competant midfielders look like amateurs on occasion.

He isn't great at tackling, but he can do it. He isn't the sort of player who makes defence splitting passes often, but that doesn't mean he isn't good. Harper does an awful lot for the team which isn't immediately obvious. He does need a strong quality player along side him. Unfortunately he hasn't had one who can play to a consistently good level alongside him for 18 months.

Cisse has put in some of the worst central midfield performances I have seen in a long long time. I'll grant you he has put in some good ones recently. I've not said different, but his passing on the whole has been very poor. You don't often see Harper give the ball away. Which for your information is a good thing, seeing as you can't win, if you don't have the ball.